The Combat Jack Show Thread

Akademiks gets railroaded for what he did…. But SMACK, What’s Beef DVDs and dudes like MIKO worldwide get praised…?

Make it make sense. I’m not an Akademiks fan but he did absolutely nothing wrong. Especially in comparison to what’s already transpired. Plenty gangs, crimes, hip hop crimes, etc have been documented since forever by journalist and street producers.

Hip Hop literally supported the most obvious poser EVER in tekashi69, but akademiks is labeled as the poster child of modern day hood commentary

My overall point to Magic saying that we’d never let a black man get away with Adam’s shenanigans was that Ak does fine. wasn’t saying that someone SHOULD beat him up and I actually like his podcast/some of his streams.

But the difference between BEEF/Smack and Akademiks is that he took it to beyond rap. It started being about the gang beefs beyond rap and then with his actual IG page he’d focus on ****** getting beat up and ****. On one hand it’s a continuation of WSHH type **** but on the other the subtle things he changed about that formula is why there’s an Akademiks type hood/rap drama page in every city now. Putting personal jokes on it and ****. And the nature of IG coming out when it did, you can’t make a knockoff WSHH.com but you can start an IG page for your local rap scene.

Akademiks gets railroaded for what he did…. But SMACK, What’s Beef DVDs and dudes like MIKO worldwide get praised…?

Make it make sense. I’m not an Akademiks fan but he did absolutely nothing wrong. Especially in comparison to what’s already transpired. Plenty gangs, crimes, hip hop crimes, etc have been documented since forever by journalist and street producers.

Hip Hop literally supported the most obvious poser EVER in tekashi69, but akademiks is labeled as the poster child of modern day hood commentary
You think the beef DVD's and Ak are the same :lol:

You think the beef DVD's and Ak are the same :lol:

What’s the difference?

Crimes and beef have been documented in hip hop and gang culture…. Like I said, BEFORE and it continues after AK. You got people supporting people like Miko Worldwide and plenty others who just sit around and gossip and give highlights of gang life and the crimes they’re involved in.

You got full on IG and YouTube pages dedicated to that type of stuff :lol:

My overall point to Magic saying that we’d never let a black man get away with Adam’s shenanigans was that Ak does fine. wasn’t saying that someone SHOULD beat him up and I actually like his podcast/some of his streams.

But the difference between BEEF/Smack and Akademiks is that he took it to beyond rap. It started being about the gang beefs beyond rap and then with his actual IG page he’d focus on ****** getting beat up and ****. On one hand it’s a continuation of WSHH type **** but on the other the subtle things he changed about that formula is why there’s an Akademiks type hood/rap drama page in every city now. Putting personal jokes on it and ****. And the nature of IG coming out when it did, you can’t make a knockoff WSHH.com but you can start an IG page for your local rap scene.

Ak just started doing interviews, and his interviews aren't like Vlad's and Adam's.

It's an apples and oranges comparison.

What’s the difference?

Crimes and beef have been documented in hip hop and gang culture…. Like I said, BEFORE and it continues after AK. You got people supporting people like Miko Worldwide and plenty others who just sit around and gossip and give highlights of gang life and the crimes they’re involved in.

You got full on IG and YouTube pages dedicated to that type of stuff :lol:

Beef DVD's was rappers breaking down the issues they had with somebody. There wasn't a face of the beef DVD's that was asking questions and made jokes about people getting killed, pouring gas on situations.

As long as this culture continues to embrace all the stupid **** platforms like No Jumper & Vlad will continue to strive. Bottom line is this **** is profitable & people have long shown that money>values for a lot of people.

Vlad & Adam don't have to answer to any of the consequences on a personal level, so outside of online clips calling them culture vultures not much has to be said. The dude from say cheese on the other hand has spoke several times on how artist will try to press him for doing similar things.

Vlads audience at this point goes beyond rap music. I think he's prepared himself for a backlash at this point. He's significantly diversified his content at this point that if the culture "turns" on him, he will be able to survive.

Akademiks made all the right moves. He smartly recognized that most rap fans globally are more in tune with him, than the actual “culture” rap is born from. Black America, and the environment rap comes from..is relatively small and powerless (money is power) compared to the billions of people globally who consume it and emulate it.

Him being both a DJ and internet nerd…found the formula. Built his Fanbase on YT/Twitch/YouTube/IG appealing to the masses and people who speak with their pockets.

Rappers for the longest TRIED to press him, and get him out his spot (rightfully so in many cases). But they soon realized that they needed him. Better yet, their bosses realize that these artist need to play nice with Akademiks because the companies needed him for a return on their investment.

Once he built his fanbase up…he insulated himself from really answering to anybody. And now all of the rappers that clowned him, gotta come kiss the ring, because things shifted.

Akademiks wouldn’t be so bad…if he wasn’t a spiteful incel with largely no principles. But he is. He does a good job of holding the mirror up to the rap industry, and exposing it for what it was.

As long as this culture continues to embrace all the stupid **** platforms like No Jumper & Vlad will continue to strive. Bottom line is this **** is profitable & people have long shown that money>values for a lot of people.

Vlad & Adam don't have to answer to any of the consequences on a personal level, so outside of online clips calling them culture vultures not much has to be said. The dude from say cheese on the other hand has spoke several times on how artist will try to press him for doing similar things.

Vlad showed that when he lied on the minister.

Pretty interesting. His former business partner sounded like a low energy pushover. Dude took your brand you basically rolled over and allowed it to happen. :lol:

Akademiks, No jumper and those types of ppl use “the culture” for content but most of their views n money comes from ppl outside if it…Hip hop is mainstream, the new pop music so all types of characters gon jump into to make a buck…These dudes are def exploiting certain things n can be called vultures but they just giving the audience what they want, n majority of the audience not ppl we would consider in the culture

The beauty of rap/hip hop becoming what it is now tho is it’s so big that it has many lanes and you can go find exactly what you want…You can enjoy it without engaging in anything these dudes and their fanbases involved in…Like when it’s a topic Akademiks is discussing, it’s a 100 other podcast n streams talking bout the same **** too

Akademiks made all the right moves. He smartly recognized that most rap fans globally are more in tune with him, than the actual “culture” rap is born from. Black America, and the environment rap comes from..is relatively small and powerless (money is power) compared to the billions of people globally who consume it and emulate it.

Him being both a DJ and internet nerd…found the formula. Built his Fanbase on YT/Twitch/YouTube/IG appealing to the masses and people who speak with their pockets.

Rappers for the longest TRIED to press him, and get him out his spot (rightfully so in many cases). But they soon realized that they needed him. Better yet, their bosses realize that these artist need to play nice with Akademiks because the companies needed him for a return on their investment.

Once he built his fanbase up…he insulated himself from really answering to anybody. And now all of the rappers that clowned him, gotta come kiss the ring, because things shifted.

Akademiks wouldn’t be so bad…if he wasn’t a spiteful incel with largely no principles. But he is. He does a good job of holding the mirror up to the rap industry, and exposing it for what it was.

The problem is he don't hold the mirror to himself. He's part of the reason why so much negativity is spread. He can't brag about how major of a influence he is then duck and dodge the criticism.

I g-u-a-r-a-n-t-e-e Joe Budden would not have pressed Lyhor Cohen on the topic of "white men profiting off of black negativity" and all them ****** in that room would have had an entirely different tone w/ him too:lol:

Pretty interesting. His former business partner sounded like a low energy pushover. Dude took your brand you basically rolled over and allowed it to happen. :lol:

I've seen it happen so many times IRL. And it was easy for him to run off w/ the whole **** because he was putting the bread up for it anyway. The pushover didn't have the foresight to get the business squared away from the jump and the snake came in and did what it does. The Facebook movie did a fine job showcasing an example of this :lol::smh:

The problem is he don't hold the mirror to himself. He's part of the reason why so much negativity is spread. He can't brag about how major of a influence he is then duck and dodge the criticism.

I think at a point, he tried to. Dude had been trying to take accountability/clear up the war on chiraq ****, and his place in the rap media landscape and all the bs he contributes to. He had multiple episodes, streams and even was talking to Chicago *****s on clubhouse when it was popping.

But even him doing that, went over some *****s heads, and ppl took it as another way to dig at him. And Akademiks being the type of ***** to double down on negativity and resentment once his message isn’t met…just doubled down and said **** it. And continues on with thr F-erry. His next wave is leaning into the manosphere ****, and then politics as his fanbase is starting to age a lil bit like him. My algorithms are all *****d up, and you see even him shifting accordingly.

This part of the Vlad interview is interesting as hell btw. And ties in

I think at a point, he tried to. Dude had been trying to take accountability/clear up the war on chiraq ****, and his place in the rap media landscape and all the bs he contributes to. He had multiple episodes, streams and even was talking to Chicago *****s on clubhouse when it was popping.

But even him doing that, went over some *****s heads, and ppl took it as another way to dig at him. And Akademiks being the type of ***** to double down on negativity and resentment once his message isn’t met…just doubled down and said **** it. And continues on with thr F-erry. His next wave is leaning into the manosphere ****, and then politics as his fanbase is starting to age a lil bit like him. My algorithms are all *****d up, and you see even him shifting accordingly.

This part of the Vlad interview is interesting as hell btw. And ties in

I still wonder how much he was getting paid to help promote 69.

I g-u-a-r-a-n-t-e-e Joe Budden would not have pressed Lyhor Cohen on the topic of "white men profiting off of black negativity" and all them ****** in that room would have had an entirely different tone w/ him too:lol:

I've seen it happen so many times IRL. And it was easy for him to run off w/ the whole **** because he was putting the bread up for it anyway. The pushover didn't have the foresight to get the business squared away from the jump and the snake came in and did what it does. The Facebook movie did a fine job showcasing an example of this :lol::smh:
Yeah, but atleast the Winklevoss’s twins were able to get 65 mill for fighting back. This guy ain't getting nothing.

Akademiks, No jumper and those types of ppl use “the culture” for content but most of their views n money comes from ppl outside if it…Hip hop is mainstream, the new pop music so all types of characters gon jump into to make a buck…These dudes are def exploiting certain things n can be called vultures but they just giving the audience what they want, n majority of the audience not ppl we would consider in the culture

The beauty of rap/hip hop becoming what it is now tho is it’s so big that it has many lanes and you can go find exactly what you want…You can enjoy it without engaging in anything these dudes and their fanbases involved in…Like when it’s a topic Akademiks is discussing, it’s a 100 other podcast n streams talking bout the same **** too

Thats what happens everytime a subculture becomes mainstream culture, Corporate interests come in and **** it all up.

Hate to be that guy, but what was he supposed to do here?

I personally woulda gave him a check or something just off the strength; but I can see how he felt like it was some BS for him to not care and be cool with it until Adam made the brand hot beyond a cool tumblr, which there were at least probably hundreds of that woulda been on the same level as the pre Adam no jumper lol

I could see if this was 40 Oz NY or something like that from back then that popped back off lol

Ak is just the face of the Chicago ****. A lot of other people on reddit and YT cover hood ****, but they use they don't use their real name or moniker and have the computer generated voice.

Everyday Struggle gave them a face with a name to vent their anger at. Ak also took the backlash from the whole thing. That's the biggest difference, other dudes were scared to show their face to really profit off it. So he capitalized off Twitch, YT and now with the podcast.

Ak is from Jersey and doesn't go outside, so he had nothing to worry about. He never covered the gang **** in Jersey, because he's not outside.

Me and wavycrocket wavycrocket spoke yesterday about some **** that's hitting real close to home for me due to the likes of AK/Adam 22 pioneering this type of content

The easiest job in the world might be NYPD gang unit right now. Got a ton of pro bono workers doing the job just because

I can see both sides

When does this whole interview drop? I’m glad Adam didn’t back down from these ****** and held his own when they basically tried to mob up on him. Budden and his crew sound so misinformed and understandably so because this not even their realm, you think these ****** even know who somebody like FBG Cash was or any other upcoming rappers without a major backing them? **** no. They don’t have a right to tell Adam what he should and shouldn’t cover for his content when y’all would never have these ppl he’s interviewing on your platform or even speak about them unless they reached into mainstream status. Why don’t Joe Budden interview these up and coming ****** in the streets and show us how it’s supposed to be done?

When does this whole interview drop? I’m glad Adam didn’t back down from these ****** and held his own when they basically tried to mob up on him. Budden and his crew sound so misinformed and understandably so because this not even their realm, you think these ****** even know who somebody like FBG Cash was or any other upcoming rappers without a major backing them? **** no. They don’t have a right to tell Adam what he should and shouldn’t cover for his content when y’all would never have these ppl he’s interviewing on your platform or even speak about them unless they reached into mainstream status. Why don’t Joe Budden interview these up and coming ****** in the streets and show us how it’s supposed to be done?

Good point, people say it's wrong, but then don't create a medium to counter it and Budden actually has a platform and "network".

I would have rather Ice speak on it than Ish, because his comes from hearsay.

That's why I want us to get out of it being a race thing. Dame was wrong about that. That has a lot to do with the Adam and Vlad talk. Like I don't exactly agree with the Lyor talk. Dude was carrying turntables and in it when there wasn't money. It had to be a love there, because he could have left. He didn't start out as exec.

If the only time you acknowledge certain rappers is when they do dumb **** for content or laugh at them or get killed, you're also exploiting them. You don't really care about them either 🤷‍♂️

but at least Ice is up there now to mention them and their music.

Back
Top Bottom