The Combat Jack Show Thread

That's why I want us to get out of it being a race thing. Dame was wrong about that. That has a lot to do with the Adam and Vlad talk. Like I don't exactly agree with the Lyor talk. Dude was carrying turntables and in it when there wasn't money. It had to be a love there, because he could have left. He didn't start out as exec.

If the only time you acknowledge certain rappers is when they do dumb **** for content or laugh at them or get killed, you're also exploiting them. You don't really care about them either 🤷‍♂️

but at least Ice is up there now to mention them and their music.

Lyhor Cohen straight up went on TBC and said he's an opportunist with his own kids to feed when they asked him if he cared about how the music from the artists from his label at the time impacted the youth.

I guess if Adam carried some turntables in the 80s he'd be fine "promoting black negativity"

Lyhor Cohen straight up went on TBC and said he's an opportunist with his own kids to feed when they asked him if he cared about how the music from the artists from his label at the time impacted the youth.

I guess if Adam carried some turntables in the 80s he'd be fine "promoting black negativity"

He's an exec and every exec is an opportunist was asked would he sign certain people.

So every record exec is a culture vulture?

He's an exec and every exec is an opportunist was asked would he sign certain people.

So every record exec is a culture vulture?

For ppl that didn't want the culture to be commercialized than yeah they're all vultures

For ppl that didn't want the culture to be commercialized than yeah they're all vultures

It's been commercialized and corporate since the late 80's.

and most people only know hip hop corporatized, so what part are people unhappy with? Because every time I speak on it, people get defensive.

That's telling me, people don't have a problem with it. It's just a talking point.

Good point, people say it's wrong, but then don't create a medium to counter it and Budden actually has a platform and "network".

I would have rather Ice speak on it than Ish, because his comes from hearsay.

WTF would Joe interview these ****** when he doesn't know or straight up isn't interested in the music that they make. Adam straight up said in that clip when asked about the "artist" ... what am i gonna talk about if i don't ask about the gang/street ****?

that says enough there, this ****** main motivation behind interviewing a large potion of these ****** isn't about music or helping their careers along. It's about interviewing criminals about doing criminal **** knowing that there's going to be real life consequences for them based on whats said up there.... that's the only interesting thing about these dudes to him :lol:

WTF would Joe interview these ****** when he doesn't know or straight up isn't interested in the music that they make. Adam straight up said in that clip when asked about the "artist" ... what am i gonna talk about if i don't ask about the gang/street ****?

that says enough there, this ****** main motivation behind interviewing a large potion of these ****** isn't about music or helping their careers along. It's about interviewing criminals about doing criminal **** knowing that there's going to be real life consequences for them based on whats said up there.... that's the only interesting thing about these dudes to him :lol:

I said that Joe has the platform with his network.

He could create a pod like he tried to do his pandering to women pods.

and Ice actually does listen to it.

I said that Joe has the platform with his network.

He could create a pod like he tried to do his pandering to women pods.

and Ice actually does listen to it.

I mean maybe ice but a large portion of the acts No Jumper interviews are niche soundcloud/street rappers who don't have much of a following & a lot are known for their antics>>> music.

So if Joe's stance is i don't wanna be interviewing about street drama & politics a lot of those acts wouldn't make it to his platform anyway because a lot of them build fanbases based on the street ****

When does this whole interview drop? I’m glad Adam didn’t back down from these ****** and held his own when they basically tried to mob up on him. Budden and his crew sound so misinformed and understandably so because this not even their realm, you think these ****** even know who somebody like FBG Cash was or any other upcoming rappers without a major backing them? **** no. They don’t have a right to tell Adam what he should and shouldn’t cover for his content when y’all would never have these ppl he’s interviewing on your platform or even speak about them unless they reached into mainstream status. Why don’t Joe Budden interview these up and coming ****** in the streets and show us how it’s supposed to be done?
Yup.

It amazes me how every time this convo comes up we skip holding these 23-26+ year old grown men accountable what they choose to push and promote lol. Especially for the ones who talking about real life situations.

and don't promote black content creators

It's been commercialized and corporate since the late 80's.

and most people only know hip hop corporatized, so what part are people unhappy with? Because every time I speak on it, people get defensive.

That's telling me, people don't have a problem with it. It's just a talking point.

Yeah but theres also a range of how commercialized/mainstream it got as the yrs went by, some ppl i know thought the sign of it first was in 94 when Russell Simmons sold a stake of Def Jam to Polygon and they think Lyor was in his ear to do that before selling the rest of it in 99

You giving dude a pass :lol: :lol: :rofl: y’all got no shame

“He carried turntables” :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s funny to isolate it like that :lol:

But basically these convos always boil down to white people can’t have genuine passion for this **** lol. Lyor specifically is iffy and two things can be true. I watched his interview wit Wallo and he seems like he has a genuine passion for the culture but at the same time I’m sure he’s done some questionable things over the years.

Especially to base it on a clip where he was obviously being snarky is funny.

And it's based around Dame who keeps colonizers around him. Have his wives been a part of the culture?

It’s permanent. And it’s his fault. Meth let me know it’s PERM a few weeks ago

87A9D686-ABFC-444A-9AA3-37F96C93F448.gif

Back
Top Bottom