The Combat Jack Show Thread

Who cares who they prefer to listen to? Everyone has a PREFERENCE. Stop being a follower :lol: :lol:

Them not listening to Kendrick doesn’t mean MILLIONS of other fans don’t prefer him.

Stop valuing peoples opinions man. You’re an adult. He came in last amongst a couple athletes…. Who cares?? People have different musical pallets

🤦🏿‍♂️ i’m just pointing out as an example that it’s not a wild hot take that there are people that actually are ‘of/in the culture’ that prefer cole over kendrick even while holding the opinion that dot is a ‘better, more accomplished’ artist…

i’m just making a point that possibly might steel man the idea that cole could be considered ‘more successful’ by this metric, one could also take into consideration of who fits in each of these the respective artist’s audiences…

saying that people have different preferences is a deflection in the context here, there isn’t going to be an objective measure in that case so why even make any arguments?

How can somebody that don't relate to something, don't understand certain things, a outsider thats proven they don't know what they're talking about. How can they have a valid opinion?

They can speak obvious ****. What's poppin on tik tok, the charts but when we really start talking some real hip hop **** no their opinions ain't respected.

is agreement the prerequisite to respect? recently the artist formerly known as mos def classified (or declassified) drake’s music as not being hip-hop…if a generic music journalist were to engage in a convo about this with him would whatever argument said journalist make be moot because yasiin bey is ‘more hip-hop?’

Last edited:
is agreement the prerequisite to respect? recently the artist formerly known as mos def classified (or declassified) drake’s music as not being hip-hop if a generic music journalist were to engage in a convo about this with him would whatever argument said journalist make be moot because yasiin bey is ‘more hip-hop?’

Again if that person proves they're outta touch with what they say then why would we care what they think?

If somebody lacks knowledge on a subject, any subject why are you taking them serious?

Again if that person proves they're outta touch with what they say then why would we care what they think?

If somebody lacks knowledge on a subject, any subject why are you taking them serious?

in my question the person is a music journalist, so let’s say they do have a enough of a knowledge base to at least competently entertain the subject of genres of music beyond superficially, would this person not be able to disagree with the way yasiin bey slots drakes music in a way that could considered valid?

Adam getting checked again.

I don't know why ol boy was was kinda walking it back. Yes, because you're white, got into hip hop at 32 you don't know what you're talking about. Your opinion don't matter. We need to start calling this stuff out and being bold with it. It's too many people that think cuz they know some slang and what's popular on IG they know hip hop.

Ain't he from Maine or New Hampshire or somewhere?

in my question the person is a music journalist, so let’s say they do have a enough of a knowledge base to at least competently entertain the subject of genres of music beyond superficially, would this person not be able to disagree with the way yasiin bey slots drakes music in a way that could considered valid?

Adam is not a music journalist. He’s basically is like Leonardo DiCaprio in “django”. He hires gang members and suckers to do all his bidding. All they do is argue and over speak each other.

He doesn’t rage or critique hip hop because he knows absolutely NOTHING about it.

Just because a person speaks on a subject, doesn’t make them a journalist.

These hip hop “journalist” nowadays never rate the music or albums, or even have a concrete discussion.

It’s now all about who killed who and the drama and gossip. These guys ain’t ever talking about the actual music being made

Again, it depends on what they say. For example Skip Bayless has been covering football for over 40 years but he thinks Joe Burrow is better than Mahomes. Anybody that's not bias knows Mahomes is better. It's not even a real debate.

And Adam is not a expert on hip hop or a journalist. His podcast is not somewhere people go for real hip hop insight.

Adam is not a music journalist. He’s basically is like Leonardo DiCaprio in “django”. He hires gang members and suckers to do all his bidding. All they do is argue and over speak each other.

He doesn’t rage or critique hip hop because he knows absolutely NOTHING about it.

Just because a person speaks on a subject, doesn’t make them a journalist.

These hip hop “journalist” nowadays never rate the music or albums, or even have a concrete discussion.

It’s now all about who killed who and the drama and gossip. These guys ain’t ever talking about the actual music being made

Again, it depends on what they say. For example Skip Bayless has been covering football for over 40 years but he thinks Joe Burrow is better than Mahomes. Anybody that's not bias knows Mahomes is better. It's not even a real debate.

And Adam is not a expert on hip hop or a journalist. His podcast is not somewhere people go for real hip hop insight.

i hear y’all…just don’t think being an ‘expert’ is required to have an (valid) opinion in hip hop…

yes i’d agree that adam22 isn’t really a music journalist, at least in any traditional sense…and it’s more true than not that folk don’t seek out his content for insight on (mainstream) hip hop.

now that the soundcloud/alt genre that he came up via has mostly integrated into or been culled off from the mainstream & social media has somewhat matured such that upcoming artist are even less interested in sit down interviews because the attention & eyes aren’t there; i do think adam22 has lost some of that initial motivation & no jumper has further devolved to hip-hop adjacent/tangential topics

You don’t have to be an expert to have an opinion. You should respect the art form. And it’s clear Adam doesn’t. He’s a vulture.

Everything we saying the dude Suspect said that to him. At one point Adam said "nobody cares about the art" . :lol:

Yet he's sensitive when dude was like ok you're excluded.

I didn’t think it could be possible but Joe might come in to the next pod even angrier :lol:

Or the weak jab back might make him understand.

This is insane :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got a ***** like this on my job. Been like this for like maybe 2 years. When he speaks that **** lingers in the air. Can never speak with him face to face. Gotta stand sideways or a few feet away.

Last edited:
Cot damn!! How many children were kidnapped in the tristate during the recording of the last pod?

I got one alert for the earthquake. Heard that alert like 15 times in the first hour.

I think a lot of those were due to the earthquake. I think they were having aftershocks and Jersey was having homes and buildings that had damage. They were alerting them to emergency locations.

Ice don't know **** about anything they call him on as the "expert". Son said "the new X-Men movie coming out... See they casted Silver Surfer ". Been running Joe's pockets pretending to be a nerd.
As an actual fan of comics that whole segment was cringe as ****.

X-Men have always been based on Martin and Malcom. You could tell homie was misinformed as hell.

Joe the only _ that can make these look bad

1712595956809.png

They're baggy sweatpants, and I don't see the problem. Not everyone wants their kicks to be seen.

This is reaching.

Back
Top Bottom