The Combat Jack Show Thread

^ What?! All of them in one room. Ish going to be wild. Especially Kurupt, the last few interviews i seen him do, he been wilding.
laugh.gif
Should be interesting.

straight gold 
laugh.gif

and they HAVE to talk about new york new york la la

Temperature def changed when YG came in…I'm sure Problem x YG squashed that static, a phone and a fade meet up will solve world problems..

capone , dogg pound , tony yayo AND a surprise r&b guest ? no one is going to get a word out :lol:

He should just have Daz and Kurupt on there. I'm tryna hear some classic Death Row stories. GOAT label.

Yeah, he gotta stop that. When he had Capone and Gunplay, they were both so different that it was dumb. Their stories were from different times and regions. I would rather hear a podcast with just Capone and then just Gunplay. Yayo would be cool to hear but alone or with some other G Unit fam. Day and Kurupt gotta have stories for hours with just the two of them.

I thought the Capone/Gunplay was good, because it was like Nore is cool with you and I'm cool with Nore, so we're friends. It wasn't any tough guy posturing. It was as if Gunplay and Pone had known each other previously.

That DPG/Yayo and Capone, that's going to need to be three hours long. That will be full of gems.

This is going to be epic in a very awkward way!

You already know Ben has his hollywood script writers cooking up something serious for this! My guess is that Ben will reveal he was Kim Kardashians first, fronted the money for Facebook to get started and turned down a personal invitation from Kobe to play for the Lakers opting to start a jewelry business instead. At that point Tax will then take credit for the careers of every NY rapper since Twitter started, tell a few jail stories and shout out D'usse in between 15-20 times.

That guy, his interviews are an attempt for him to brag about himself and gain some sort of fame and respect.

Last edited:
To be realistic Ben's made#$%^ happen, from the LRG dead serious hoodie to various other accomplishments. Why
wouldn't be talk his ish on Tax (of all peoples podcast). What do you expect him to say?

I personally can't listen to Tax because as somebody above mentioned he's a negative person in general. He's always
looking to get jokes off at the expense of another individual unless it's a women hes interviewing.

Initially I was hating on the Combat/Cardi cast, I still am but she's moving through a lane other's are struggling with. Getting
10k+ for a club appearance is OD, she's prob making more than most rappers at this point. That said I hate this current era
in social media and hope it's gone in the next year.

It's an interview and not you going down your resume or a way for you to build up your brand, because most people have no clue who you are. The only reason I know of him is because of here.

Plus a lot of it is him fabricating and embellishing his story. Once you lie about some of it, I am less likely to believe a lot/most of it.

Jim Jones on Rap Radar :nthat:

Can't rock with Elliot Wilson's slurping and B Dot's been corny to me ever since they asked Wale to come on the show only to throw shade. The pods I don't listen to always seem to get guests I want to hear from. :lol:

I couldn't get through 10 minutes of Ben on Combat...I struggle to listen to Tax Season as it is, so I wont be listening.

Last episode was solid, though. Mostly because of how the vibe changed when YG showed up.
laugh.gif

The Jim Jones episode of Rap Radar was good. Elliot gon' Elliot, just gotta tune him out sometimes.
laugh.gif

I didn't feel like vibe changed or anything when YG came. He's just not a talker. He seemed to eventually loosen up and even cracked a few jokes. Idk who are what Problem is. claret ges in the industry but he just sounded like a fan sitting in.

I guess going from Xzibit's laughing and joking to YG just made YG come off worse. I enjoyed the Xzibit portion of the interview so much more. He deserves a full episode.

Last edited:
that's yg

he either doesn't understand the art of entertaining thru conversation or doesn't care

YG on Big Boy or Flex was not the same as he was on Tax

This. YG does have a standoff vibe but it ain't never like that. I've seen dude on Hot97, Big Boy, other places and he just be real laid back.

He was throwing lil shots at Tax.

"I just told you..."

"Your girl was listening to my music..."

And Tax was tryna play it off by laughing extra loud and ****. :lol:

It was a good episode though. Problem seems like a smart dudes.

Last edited:
This. YG does have a standoff vibe but it ain't never like that. I've seen dude on Hot97, Big Boy, other places and he just be real laid back.

He was throwing lil shots at Tax.

"I just told you..."

"Your girl was listening to my music..."

And Tax was tryna play it off by laughing extra loud and ****. :lol:

It was a good episode though. Problem seems like a smart dudes.

Real ****** see wassup

YG don't **** wit Tax at all and obviously and wanted him to say some crazy ****

Tax was shook being extra friendly

Dude was sucking him something crazy as soon as he walked through the door

we heard all that

still not enough evidence there was a real problem

he was way calmer towards the end

and yes tax was stuttering when yg didn't respond the way tax thought he would

Did some of you catch what Jim was saying. When he said it's family and sometimes family doesn't speak for a while. Sometimes the big brother beats up the younger brother.

I think Nore would have had a better interview with Jim. Jim speaks in subliminals. He doesn't answer a lot of questions directly. Besides what he thinks of Dame. :lol: I wonder if he considers that snitching, because he hints around at things, but doesn't really give you his opinion. I didn't know Yandy was a producer on LAHH. I always wonder how that went south. That's the most positive statements he's made about Max in a decade.

:lol:@B Dot thinking Jim calling him Bethea was a diss.

Last edited:
I finally peeped the episode and i'll say ya'll were right YG wasn't feel Tax at all. All them lil jokes Tax was trying to get off, YG seemed to take em as hate. :lol: He must have done his homework on Tax or someone hipped him to who he was, because he came in there for whatever reason and decided to hold his nuts. And that was the first time him and Problem actually been in a room together since their "beef." So YG probably looked at it like he was going into a hostile environment to begin with. When taxed joked and said if i don't **** with a ***** i'll say it and YG interrupted and said, aye bro aye bro I FEEL YOU. Felt that was directed at Tax. I liked how the only time YG seemed to open up was when he was talking about Politics and Trump can tell that young boy really give a ****. That's dope to see.

But it's still funny to ya boy that some of ya'll really want that man Tax outta here. Tax you gone get yours B!

View media item 2062613

I finally peeped the episode and i'll say ya'll were right YG wasn't feel Tax at all. All them lil jokes Tax was trying to get off, YG seemed to take em as hate.
laugh.gif
He must have done his homework on Tax or someone hipped him to who he was, because he came in there for whatever reason and decided to hold his nuts. And that was the first time him and Problem actually been in a room together since their "beef." So YG probably looked at it like he was going into a hostile environment to begin with. When taxed joked and said if i don't **** with a ***** i'll say it and YG interrupted and said, aye bro aye bro I FEEL YOU. Felt that was directed at Tax. I liked how the only time YG seemed to open up was when he was talking about Politics and Trump can tell that young boy really give a ****. That's dope to see.

But it's still funny to ya boy that some of ya'll really want that man Tax outta here. Tax you gone get yours B!
It's similar to how alot of ppl feel about Charlemagne. When you put a certain type of energy out, you can't expect everyone to just look at it like "well that's his job". He chose to be a hater, and with that is going to come with the drawbacks of being a target. Sometimes on TBC, you can tell when someone has some built up animosity towards CTG or they're on edge and waiting for him to say something funny so they can fire at him. Like the ONYX interview, you can clearly tell they didn't like CTG before he made the Brandy comment. Same with Master P. CTG didn't even say anything that crazy and Master P jumped out there on him.

Someone like Tax taking on that role can result in that dynamic X 10. His background and the way he carries himself can cause for a situation to go completely left with the wrong person involved on the other side. Maybe YG knew about the static he had with Nipsey, maybe someone else he knew don't like Tax, it could be anything but I'm not surprised at the approach he took with Tax. 

Last edited:
Me personally, I don't have no issue with how Tax does his job. I think dude is entertaining at times but he does talk alot of ****. You can't deny that. :lol: And when you do _'s will check you.

Tax and Nipsey situation
https://boxden.com/showthread.php?t=2228931

Nipsey and YG are tight so YG went in there on some "Don't test me" ****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom