The Combat Jack Show Thread

Yup. Peedi and Freeway are real life homeboys though.

Peedi got into him and Free's history on the Doogie Diamonds podcast. Apparently, they knew each other as kids. We're best friends. Hustled on the same block and in the same trap house. The dude who they were hustling for asked Peedi and Freeway if they wanted to form a group and start rapping. He put up the bread for studio time and they became the manager of the group.

Beans was already poppin....and freeway one night went up to beans while he was rappin...snatched the mic straight from beans.....and beans was impressed and took him under his wing from then on.

Peedi said freeway got signed to the roc shortly after...and was acting brand new. So Peedi had resentment. Luckily for Peedi, he got booked and met an Italian dude in the Bing who recognized his talent, and had some real estate uncles who had some bread. When both Peedi and the Italian dude got out of prison.. The Italian dude hit Peedi up and introduced him to his uncles. And they became Peedi's managers. Unfortunately for the Italian dude, he OD and died.

Peedi met Oshcino at a rap battle....and they clicked. Oschino gave a track of Peedi's to Dame, and dame fkd with it.

One random day shortly after, Peedi got a call from O to come to Miami, where all the Roc was. He said dame wanted to sign him. Peedi hopped on a plane, courtesy of the Italian uncles....and got signed on the spot. Much to Freeways suprise who didn't even know Dame knew about him.

That started the state prop era. Crazy story.

I see he's on It's The Real, it should be better than Juan Ep

Phonte is on Combat, I enjoy Phonte interviews

The QueenzFlip interview was interesting

The Phonte episode was so dope. Even though they didn't dive into much of the LB history, Te offered so many jewels. Definitely one of the best episodes of Combat in recent memory. Also, they hinted at the possibility of Dallas coming back, which would be amazing and it's something the show definitely needs. Someone needs to balance out Combat since A-King doesn't really have much of a presence. I'm just scared that he wouldn't stick around for too long again

it seems like every since doggy diamonds and drink champs , its started a string of "peedi should've blew" praise 
laugh.gif

hopefully he can capitalize and strike while the iron is hot 

one time for crakk

Glad to see some love for Peedi.

Doesn't get the praise he deserves.

Philly has produced some great rappers, but when you one foot in one foot out things are bound to catch up.

peedie crakk was lloyd banks of State Property...he was definitely da fan favorite.

if Peedi Crakk did more features like that Neyo song and random 16's he'd be in a waaaaaaay better place.

i STILL think he could jump on a meek/Fab/dipset tape, spaz & get some love now. his flow was so versatile.

Tax having a live show in DC in Novemeber on Tuesday at some place called the Arc

I missed the NY show I might have to throw on the foams, hop on the megabus/Amtrak, hit up eggspectation (big up Bodega Boys) and check the live show :lol:

doggie diamonds typed solved this mystery for me why Peedi crakk aint keep Juelz & Cam on 1 for peedi

HU grad Ken Montgomery on Tax again :nthat:

The Phonte episode was so dope. Even though they didn't dive into much of the LB history, Te offered so many jewels. Definitely one of the best episodes of Combat in recent memory. Also, they hinted at the possibility of Dallas coming back, which would be amazing and it's something the show definitely needs. Someone needs to balance out Combat since A-King doesn't really have much of a presence. I'm just scared that he wouldn't stick around for too long again

Phonte always gives great interviews, because he can talk about anything. Him, 9th, Toure, Krit, Young Guru, you can pretty much just ask their opinion and the interviews just flow.

That was a grown man interview.

and I feel the same way about NWA's N's4Life, that was unadulterated madness, but it was sooooo good when people questioned them without Cube. I prefer it to Straight Outta Compton.

I think he probably didn't get The Get Down, because he didn't understand the Kung Fu aspect, and how it fit that era and New York. Saturday afternoons after cartoons after you did your chores so you could watch Kung Fu movies. Then you went outside.

I love that we have shows like The Get Down and Atlanta bringing different aspects to TV.

I ***** with Kenneth Heavy, if ya'll follow him on social media you gotta respect how brutally honest he is despite knowing that a good 80% of his peers are probably mad offended by the truth he speaks.

My man Tax really been awakened.

Said he feels like a new born baby, at 31....soaking up all this knowledge :pimp:

Well Pee Wee Kirkland told him what he needs to use his voice and platform for.

Hopefully Tax can stay out of his own way.

I'm sorry but I'm skeptical of this whole tax is "woke" nonsense. What is he really doing for other people ?

I'm sorry but I'm skeptical of this whole tax is "woke" nonsense. What is he really doing for other people ?

I hate when brothers take this response.

The man is learning, and using his platform to spread knowledge about systematic oppression. He's re-learning the way he was thought.

****** gotta start somewhere man. Hell, if ts just drawing attention on a large platform....or putting people with deeper knowledge and having those convos on a platform like his....that's a positive.

You can't be skeptical at somebody learning. Does that mean Tax is going to be righteous 100% of the time? Hell no. None of us out. We're human.

But it's cool to see a brother grow and learn. I can't knock it. Just encourage it.

He's feeding us the medicine through the candy.
Tax is the equivalent to what a lot of leaders in the 50z-60s were

I hate when brothers take this response.

The man is learning, and using his platform to spread knowledge about systematic oppression. He's re-learning the way he was thought.

****** gotta start somewhere man. Hell, if ts just drawing attention on a large platform....or putting people with deeper knowledge and having those convos on a platform like his....that's a positive.

You can't be skeptical at somebody learning. Does that mean Tax is going to be righteous 100% of the time? Hell no. None of us out. We're human.

But it's cool to see a brother grow and learn. I can't knock it. Just encourage it.

exactly, i don't think we realize just how out the loop some people are with what's really going down in the black community. The information is out there if we look hard enough but someone needs to draw light on that info. Tax reaches some cats who aren't gonna come across this convo at all in their daily life, and those are usually the people being ****** the most by the system.

Y'all tripping lol not doubting him being woke or anything but

Tax is a down right terrible interviewer. Dude fell asleep during the first interview.

During this one he randomly start talking bout his phone dying and some other crap.

He's trash man .

If the guests is not carrying him the show is down right terrible

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom