The Combat Jack Show Thread

Nore knows everyone

What Killer Mike said was funny. That's why I try to tell people who aren't from New York. Yonkers is the south, Staten Island is the south, Long Island is the south. How New Yorkers perceive Atlanta and the rest of the south is how we perceive everyone not from the city. You really shouldn't be offended by it, because a lot of it is ignorance.

Joe does argue for the sake of arguing. Joes honesty makes him look like a hater sometimes, but he wants Drake to be over so bad. :lol:

And I have to go listen to Recovery again because that's not the first time I heard it being compared to a Joe album. I know I didnt like it at all, outside of 2 or 3 songs.

He was right though. That was OVO Mal

They put out that Drake single hoping it would pop. It didn't so, no album.

And in this era of streaming and Drake's ties to Apple, his numbers are inflated.

Last edited:
Yonkers always seemed mad weird to me as a kid. Whenever we went through there, it felt so foreign.

People from Long Island are funny as hell. They know LI isn't NY but they try to claim and immediately get their card pulled.

Killer Mike is on NORE? I gotta listen, ain't check a NORE podcast in a while.

Same here. Haven't listened to D.C. in about two months. Hopefully it's a smooth listen. Bracing myself for the worst though. :lol:

Watched a bit on Revolt last night. It was a decent interview. NORE was wasted, though.
laugh.gif

Im not grasping the whole yonkers is the south stuff. I haven't listened to the Killer mike episode yet so I dont have context.

Ill say this the north Bronx is very different from the south bronx and Yonkers is more like the north Bronx then Harlem/ Manhattan.

Most families from Yonkers,Mt vernon, New Rochelle, etc aren''t too different from the bronx . Same could be said about Hempstead, Freeport, Baldwin area of Long island and parts of queens.

I recently looked up the wiki "history" of mt vernon and it really is the same thing.

I will say though as I got older and spent more time in the south Bronx/ Harlem and then Brooklyn there is a different tone in each area.

I haven't spent enough time in another major city to get a solid feel for it but im sure in somewhere like Atlanta zone 6 in is a bit different from zone 4.

Im not grasping the whole yonkers is the south stuff. I haven't listened to the Killer mike episode yet so I dont have context.

Ill say this the north Bronx is very different from the south bronx and Yonkers is more like the north Bronx then Harlem/ Manhattan.

Most families from Yonkers,Mt vernon, New Rochelle, etc aren''t too different from the bronx . Same could be said about Hempstead, Freeport, Baldwin area of Long island and parts of queens.

I was just saying, it's pretty much the attitude

The south = if it ain't from New York City it doesn't matter

and Yonkers is nothing really like the Bx to me. It's more middle class and has a lot of older people. Maybe Schlobohm back in the 80's and 90's

A lot of people from Westchester Cty are just people who got city jobs who moved out the city. Same with Long and Staten Island. It's people who wanted better for their kids who wanted a more middle class less city environment.

As someone who grew up in the north BX & has a lot of ****** from Yonkers/MV i'm gonna say that things are very different. Social media has helped change some of it but prior to that Yonkers legit had their own slang and vibe to it.

Lmaoooooo the art strong this week. That joe part, then they played joe I wanna be your lover song on que :lol: :lol:

I'm dead

Killer Mikes Diddy story. :lol:

Looking at IG NORE been in NY working. He's done interviews with Ice-T, Brand Nubian, and interviews with Duck Down and Sean P's wife.

The Ice T should be good

As someone who grew up in the north BX & has a lot of ****** from Yonkers/MV i'm gonna say that things are very different. Social media has helped change some of it but prior to that Yonkers legit had their own slang and vibe to it.

Yeah.

Yonkers had little brother syndrome just like State and Long Island and do their own thing

Lmaoooooo the art strong this week. That joe part, then they played joe I wanna be your lover song on que
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm dead
laugh.gif
 "I wanna be your lover,  NOOOOO, get outta Joe, get!"

at having to clank pots and pans at Joe like a raccoon

Last edited:
So I've been listening to old episodes of Itsthereal with dudes like Dj Envy, Bobby Trends and Angela Yee and the one thing all stories had consistent is the fact that Ebro is really a scumbag.

Literally all of my closest friends have come to me over the past few weeks like 'yo, you watch Desus & Mero on VIceLand?'

My best friends white wife watches religiously.

Dudes really blew up. For real for real.

The OG Ice Cube is on Combat Jack, I may check it out but sadly I'd rather have Rosenberg interview him or a Waste of Time with It's the Real.

Is the Ice Cube one only showing 39 minutes?

It's showing the same time as Trappin Annonymous for me.

Back
Top Bottom