The Combat Jack Show Thread

Brilliant Idiots was the first podcast I ever listened to, and I've listened damn near weekly for years. Hate to say but it fell off. Charlemagne is super pc now. He's not gonna say anything spicy about the JBP, he's just gonna talk about his podcast network, other deals, and say something about people dealing with their traumas. Shultz might throw some shots but he's corny and has always been. Times change and people mature but I think the Charlemagne driven shows need his old spicyness/brashness and not just the gay joke thing that he does now to be funny.

How many hours did Joe spend talking about ownership, only for the pod to fall apart over it?

tenor.gif

How many hours did Joe spend talking about ownership, only for the pod to fall apart over it? Seems like they hadn't been on the same page in a while

If Joe refused to budge on equity I get why Rory & Mal might've acted like employees instead of owners. I believe when Joe says they were paid WELL but if they were fudging or hiding numbers that obviously changes things

If you're paying me after expenses you better believe I want to see those expenses. And the no-compete is a wild thing to put in the contracts :lol:

But at the end of day you signed it, and any and all leverage is lost when you start doing the minimum. Pod went out sad and I think that's why Joe went off like he did. Hard to see another Joe and friends podcast taking off like that one
"Oh I meant my ownership"

Did you listen to the Ice and Ish pods?

Yeah I've been listening. They're fine and better than the regular pod was for a while, but it's hard to see them having that same broad appeal as the old one

Now a Joe & Ak pod WILL do numbers if/when that occurs. It doesn't seem like that could've happened if he was still working with Rory/Mal

I remember there was a pod where Joe was gone and Mal and Rory did it without Joe. It was cringe, a lot of people didn't like it and it never happened again lol I don't see those 2 doing their own.

This has been a recurring thing in Joe's life.
I finally listened to the last episode and that **** was foul. Parks and Ian hype manning him the entire time was nasty too.
I used to think Parks was cool people but the last month or so has made me think otherwise.

Ice and Ish had some funny moments but I'm not trying to hear these 40 year old dudes act like they're on their 20s every episode.

I used to think Parks was cool people but the last month or so has made me think otherwise.

All he did was basically remind us that he is the prototypical white man

The bag >>> morals and principles

I'm not saying he had to ride out with rurry and measly Mal's but he didn't have to throw dirt on them either

Slimy sloth vibes for real

Brilliant Idiots was the first podcast I ever listened to, and I've listened damn near weekly for years. Hate to say but it fell off. Charlemagne is super pc now. He's not gonna say anything spicy about the JBP, he's just gonna talk about his podcast network, other deals, and say something about people dealing with their traumas. Shultz might throw some shots but he's corny and has always been. Times change and people mature but I think the Charlemagne driven shows need his old spicyness/brashness and not just the gay joke thing that he does now to be funny.

Ctg is an interesting case. When he displays growth, it’s criticized and written off as disingenuous. When he was doing his old antics, people called him a troll, cringe, etc. Not taking up for him, just an observation based on the different critiques i’ve seen.

TBI is hit or miss and has been for years.

The people present at that pod were Joe's peoples. They know Rory and Mal through Joe. Expecting them to do anything but be on Joe's side is naive. Especially if they don't feel like they were owed more.

Thing is Parks wasn't talking like that at all when Rory and Mal were there and they were all airing out their grievances an episode or 2 before that. Then he goes to laughing at them and throwing shade as soon as they're gone.

Rory and Mal aren't perfect and the pod was having an obvious drop off in quality but the way this all unfolded is just real messy.

Also Parks and Mal have always had tension right?

The people present at that pod were Joe's peoples. They know Rory and Mal through Joe. Expecting them to do anything but be on Joe's side is naive. Especially if they don't feel like they were owed more.

Especially when those two guys kept sounding like they were okay with the pod just ending

Thing is Parks wasn't talking like that at all when Rory and Mal were there and they were all airing out their grievances an episode or 2 before that. Then he goes to laughing at them and throwing shade as soon as they're gone.

Rory and Mal aren't perfect and the pod was having an obvious drop off in quality but the way this all unfolded is just real messy.

Also Parks and Mal have always had tension right?
They never had tension

Word. Parks has been nasty these past few months. Since that patreon clip leaked. Like, fam, show some backbone.

Him saying “I’m paid well, thanks by the way” made me shake my head.

I’m not trying to listen to a podcast where cats just stroke Joe Budden’s ego.
Parks talking about not being signed to a contract one episode then embracing being a contracted employee the next is hilarious.

Man all those years worth of little side comments & "jokes" have just been invading my head since 437 dropped. The way this pod ended is legit bothering me. I messed w/ those dudes despite finding them very irritating at times. I hate that I view Joe & Parks the way I do now. I can't help but not view them as downright bad ppl. Ironically, so much truth came from the pathological lies & slander from that episode, it's crazy. Dudes even gaslighting the audience like ppl don't have memories.

This logically wasn’t going to work. Joe wanted them invested and coming in starving each week. Rory and Mal were doing things outside of the Podcast to make a living. Joe wanted them to do 2 podcasts a week in person no matter what and seemed to not respect their main hustle.

Realistically either pay them enough to make them put their side job to rest or allow them to treat your podcast as the side hustle.

Not sure what ice and ish main job is but if they not starving, eventually they will let the pod slip.

This logically wasn’t going to work. Joe wanted them invested and coming in starving each week. Rory and Mal were doing things outside of the Podcast to make a living. Joe wanted them to do 2 podcasts a week in person no matter what and seemed to not respect their main hustle.

Realistically either pay them enough to make them put their side job to rest or allow them to treat your podcast as the side hustle.

Not sure what ice and ish main job is but if they not starving, eventually they will let the pod slip.
They were getting paid. They wanted more.

You listened to that last leaked ep? That wasn't just siding with Joe (which makes sense). Really disgusting vibes from Parks, throwing dirt and laughing it up like "I got mine".

Reactions: HIM
I remember there was a pod where Joe was gone and Mal and Rory did it without Joe. It was cringe, a lot of people didn't like it and it never happened again lol I don't see those 2 doing their own.
Because Mal too cool. Every now and then I used to listen to the plastic cup boyz show and they're actually funnier without Kevin at times.

Parks' about face was because they DIDN'T show up again. Everyone except for Joseph seemed to think the beef was squashed. It was time to record 437 and they didn't show up.

437 doesn't turn out how it does if Rory & Mal show up for work

Parks' about face was because they DIDN'T show up again. Everyone except for Joseph seemed to think the beef was squashed. It was time to record 437 and they didn't show up.

437 doesn't turn out how it does if Rory & Mal show up for work
This, plus Parks making sure to separate himself from them cause he doesn't feel the same as they do. Would I have used some of the same verbiage as Parks to clarify my position? Probably not, but if you have a group of friends and they are having a dispute and you don't necessarily agree with one party cause they pulled some sheisty moves, you would make it clear that you're loyalty is not with them and that you don't condone that type of behavior either.

Back
Top Bottom