The Combat Jack Show Thread

i like how ctg aint say s*** tho.

we all kno he called it. No need to be petty bout it.

a rare playa moment from charlamamayne

burning all 3 of their souls slow that he don’t even care and they would do a whole hour deep dive if the breakfast club was breaking up :lol:

Last edited:
Rory and Ak really been years. Almost since ES ended. Rory (along with everyone else in the industry) ****ted on Ak for being goofy and chasing 18 year olds as a 28 year old man. Rory and Mal said some slick **** during Joe’s rant about complex, and Ak been going at them ever since.

ironically Joe was discussing Ak’s complex renegotiations at the time. :lol:

I just want the reasoning for them not showing up this time.

I think that's sort of lost in Joe's rant. They didn't show up on Tuesday for Wednesday's pod. They pretty much called Joe's bluff, because they did that knowing that Ice and Ish wouldn't be available at such short notice. What were the demands this time? They still wanted to see the financials?

For a bunch of 30+ year old men, the communication was terrible, especially for people who were supposed to be friends.

I do think it was petty for Joe to be proud of not texting or calling Rory on his birthday

I think if Ish and Ice would have been bad, this whole thing would have played out a little different. That took any leverage they had away.

I just want the reasoning for them not showing up this time.

I think that's sort of lost in Joe's rant. They didn't show up on Tuesday for Wednesday's pod. They pretty much called Joe's bluff, because they did that knowing that Ice and Ish wouldn't be available at such short notice. What were the demands this time? They still wanted to see the financials?

For a bunch of 30+ year old men, the communication was terrible, especially for people who were supposed to be friends.

I do think it was petty for Joe to be proud of not texting or calling Rory on his birthday

I think if Ish and Ice would have been bad, this whole thing would have played out a little different. That took any leverage they had away.
That is the most pressing issue.

They showed up like everything was good. Said they had a talk Joe's house and cleared everything up. Had a hangout session after the pod. They pretended like things were in the past to the point they were joking about respect and miscellaneous.

Scheduled break happens and they cut contact and don't show up to pod when everybody is back.

They look bad imo.

Joe just getting negative attention cuz he aired **** out publicly but I can see why when Joe says he felt like the makeup wasn't real and dudes were posturing, and the second pod back felt forced.

But Joe is the main draw anyway. He should be getting paid more off rip.

Everybody else gets paid a certain amount according to what they do and Joe made it seem like everybody else aint even in a contract.

Rory and Mal sat down with Joe and Ian and basically begged to be employees cuz they needed a number in mind for how much they get paid. Joe agreed to that. They agreed w/e their cut is after expenses.

So as long as they get paid that amount, that they agreed to, why they looking to audit and see what is being spent on what?
Cause Rory got salty about Ak calling him an employee.
Also if Ak gets involved with the JBN you know he's having his lawyers triple check everything off rip :lol:

You wouldn’t feel a way if your friend or associate wanted to audit you?
Of course I would. I'd tell them they're bugging, ask them what triggered this thinking, and show them so they fall back. What comes after that we'll see when we get there. Joe doesn't seem to be doing that from what he shared.

If my girl asked to look at my phone because she thinks something's up, I'd do the same: tell her she's tripping, ask what made her think this and show my phone so she falls back. We'll see what happens next with our relationship once the air is cleared.

Imagine telling my girl, in Joe's words: "I don't owe my [girl]friend anything", "It's none of your business". That don't sound weird to you?

Of course I would. I'd tell them they're bugging, ask them what triggered this thinking, and show them so they fall back. What comes after that we'll see when we get there. Joe doesn't seem to be doing that from what he shared.

If my girl asked to look at my phone because she thinks something's up, I'd do the same: tell her she's tripping, ask what made her think this and show my phone so she falls back. We'll see what happens next with our relationship once the air is cleared.

Imagine telling my girl, in Joe's words: "I don't owe my [girl]friend anything", "It's none of your business". That don't sound weird to you?

it would be the perfect way to get her to leave on her own if i already wasn't feeling her which is what Joe is doing here :lol:

Watching a compilation video on youtube and I forgot when Joe got these dudes like $7.85 worth of bitcoin and made a big show of it on the pod like he hd just changed their lives. Then he got hurt when they mentioned how much it was and how he hadn’t actually given it to them after weeks :rofl:

But Joe is the main draw anyway. He should be getting paid more off rip.

Everybody else gets paid a certain amount according to what they do and Joe made it seem like everybody else aint even in a contract.

Rory and Mal sat down with Joe and Ian and basically begged to be employees cuz they needed a number in mind for how much they get paid. Joe agreed to that. They agreed w/e their cut is after expenses.

So as long as they get paid that amount, that they agreed to, why they looking to audit and see what is being spent on what?

Because it sounds like it wasn’t a set amount. It was based upon 2 variables.
1. How much revenue the pod made in that period.
2. How much expenses were for that period.

From what I understand, it wasn’t like your or my salary at our job where we know we’re getting x amount every paycheck. So it would behoove them to find out what the expenses are and then confirm that the split is accurate according to the agreement.

Obviosuly Joe should be making more, but that’s not the issue. If I tell you we’re gonna split revenue off of reselling shoes, 75/25, after ebay fees because I’m the boss, that’s fine. But there’s no way for to know that you’re getting your 25% without digging through the numbers to see how much profit we made and how much the ebay fees were. The fact that Rory and Mal are asking for an audit leads me to believe that they have never seen the proper paperwork to confirm that they’re getting their proper split. Add that to Joe’s reaction to them asking to see the accounting, it leads me to believe that Joe has been stealing from these dudes for years. Even if I were offended that my friends wanted to see the paperwork (I wouldn’t), i Definitely wouldn’t react by firing them :lol: That screams guilt. To me.

From what I understand, it wasn’t like your or my salary at our job where we know we’re getting x amount every paycheck. So it would behoove them to find out what the expenses are and then confirm that the split is accurate according to the agreement.

Obviosuly Joe should be making more, but that’s not the issue. If I tell you we’re gonna split revenue off of reselling shoes, 75/25, after ebay fees because I’m the boss, that’s fine. But there’s no way for to know that you’re getting your 25% without digging through the numbers to see how much profit we made and how much the ebay fees were. The fact that Rory and Mal are asking for an audit leads me to believe that they have never seen the proper paperwork to confirm that they’re getting their proper split. Add that to Joe’s reaction to them asking to see the accounting, it leads me to believe that Joe has been stealing from these dudes for years. Even if I were offended that my friends wanted to see the paperwork (I wouldn’t), i Definitely wouldn’t react by firing them :lol: That screams guilt. To me.
Rory might've seen the books b4 b/c prior to the name change he'd set up sponsorships, tried to get the cast to pre-prep, etc.

Joe really confirmed that he asked spotify for 100 mil yesterday away after previously denying that he asked for that dumbass amount. Dude might've been stealing from them. I really want to know the truth about spotify deal. Him paying them a fee's n stuff after the deal seemed weird as well. Something happened & seemingly tarnished that relationship completely.

Reactions: HIM
Rory and Ak really been years. Almost since ES ended. Rory (along with everyone else in the industry) ****ted on Ak for being goofy and chasing 18 year olds as a 28 year old man. Rory and Mal said some slick **** during Joe’s rant about complex, and Ak been going at them ever since.

ironically Joe was discussing Ak’s complex renegotiations at the time. :lol:

Ak said he was responsible for rorys fiance leaving him. Rory mad Joe still doing business with Ak after that. Throw that on top of the fact Joe barked at them like they were some dudes off the street and that Joe was most likely stealing from them all along.

I could 100% understand Joe when it comes to the business side of the game if only he hadnt spent the last 5 years shouting at the top of his lungs about giving talent more ownership/equity and not treating them like employees. Its like he wants all these corporations to cut their slice of the pie smaller to fairly compensate artists/podcasters but I guess he doesnt want that applied to his corporation. Everyones for the working man untill they find themselves in a position where they need to hire labor.

Way Joe was talking sounds like they were eating eating too for some regular folks, gotta be at least 300k a year to sit and talk a couple days, could've been more if they were into it.

I am quite sure them dudes aint getting nowhere near 6 figures a year. Maybe when they were doing lives shows.

I think Rory said they had a split based on profits after expenses.

Creative accounting can make them expenses look different tho :lol:

Ian actually said on the last pod that they had to make projections about their expenses in order to give rory/mal a framework for how much they would be making. He said the projections were wrong and the expenses ended up being more than they thought. Which meant less money for rory/mal. Then they wanted to see the expenses and Joe fired em. :lol:

If their pay fluctuated depending on how well the pod did then yes I get wanting to see the full numbers to see they're actually getting their percentage but from Joe's side the second they asked for an audit he took it as you're basically accusing me of stealing from you, accusing me of what Complex, Spotify, all his music labels did to him. Rory apparently kept asking these questions and inquiring implying something foul was going on Joe's part. That's what frustrated Joe and he finally aired that out. That's a separate issue though.

These guys were suppose to pod and none of them showed up AGAIN with no communication about why AGAIN. That's what had Joe saying they breached their contract (or just Rory. A lot of the hostility seemed aimed at him than both of them). We still haven't got the reason why they didn't show up to pod. It can't be about this audit stuff cuz then they would've never came back in the first place and peaced **** up. When you're in breach of your contract that usually results in termination but given how Joe worded things it came off like he fired them and now they were free of the restrictions of their contract which is why they took the pod down.

He fired them for not showing up again, without so much of a phone call.

He said he hadn't talked to Rory or Mal since that last show and he went on vacation.

A no call no show is grounds for termination everywhere.

I am quite sure them dudes aint getting nowhere near 6 figures a year. Maybe when they were doing lives shows.

They are. It's New York. If you aren't making six figures you aren't living on your own.

and even Savon was able to move out his moms crib.

Ian pretty much said on the show that he felt they were getting paid too much. They work six hours a week. That's it, six hours a week.

AK be so true about Mal... then mal all day on Twitter wanna still act so cool and text in codes. You don’t have to like AK but he for sure pulled and exposed these two dudes characters for like a year and it’s all showing to be true.

Back
Top Bottom