The Combat Jack Show Thread

A story Joe didn't cover about his Spotify counter parts

Looks like some black creatives might get an opportunity though.

I caught the Atlanta recap and I took that as a sign

Surprised that didn’t happen sooner with Simmons. I remember the ringer live streamed an nba draft watch two summers ago and it was a room of like 15 white dudes. Ppl was hitting Simmons on twitter asking if any black people worked at the ringer and he started blocking em. lol

I never ****** with Bill Simmons. Maybe because he was openly a Celtics fan, but I always took him as an arrogant egocentric prick.

I never understood why ESPN brought him on ESPN countdown when he added nothing.

I remember looking through The Ringer network numerous times and not seeing anything that appealed to us.

Cam’s always gonna have accuracy issues but he’s still a beast. Working with Bill and that system, smh. **** is a cheat code.

I can’t believe the Chargers didn’t go after him. Bill is something else, really was able to pull this off without making a trade or a big contract. I’m sure he’s been wanting him this whole time.

Simmons got alot of dumb opinions but he has helped a few people out on the media side of the game.

People's party is a good listen usually.

He's a good researcher and a respected figure so the guests tend to make good convo.

Glad Joe admitted he was wrong about the BET Awards. As if the Grammy's, American or MTV awards are good.

Everyone knew what was going to happen with Jada and Fab besides Mal's dumb ***.

I don't believe Joe about the Dre and Kanye album.

About time they talk about Ak.

Last edited:
Joe don't know that Eazy and Dre literally grew up together.

cd2ac299dcba6f2cbb3f7511a3db4510.jpg

That's shorty from JJ Fad(Supersonic) in the pic, they were on Ruthless.

They grew up in the same neighborhood as peers, but I'm pretty sure they didn't grow up as friends.

Eazy was in the streets and Dre was into music. After getting out of World Class, Eazy E was the neighborhood hustler trying to create a label.

The Russ conversations give me a headache

Dude keeps talking about being independent, but then is excited to get out of a deal with Columbia he signed four years ago.

The term independence can mean so many different things in the music business. It's really a spectrum...with either being completely owned or literally creating and selling your own work. Dudes like Russ and Chance are claiming "independent" based on them positioning their business in various places in between those two extremes.

Dude keeps talking about being independent, but then is excited to get out of a deal with Columbia he signed four years ago.
I found a slight respect for dude when he was on TBI talking about how he’s a white rapper but I don’t like the fact that he throws it in our face that he’s independent and how he’s caking off of black cultural music BUT talks down on young black artists who Laing deals to get them outta they situation. To reach his own but dude comes off as an elitist white rapper talkin down on you g black artist. get ya bread and **** you don’t know everybody’s situation and who they gotta take care of, you obviously want to have some sort of freedom but not everyone can start off like that you gotta work before you become a boss.

A big part of his brand is based on it, that’s why. It’s how you finesse the “underdog” feel and keep ppl rooting for you once you no longer a underdog :lol:

Tech N9ne, Russ, Logic etc have a lot of overlap in fans, if that makes sense

The only reason Russ is poppin is because he's white. He's a way less talented Eminem with a 90% white fan base creating blah music. I did like the "what you want" single, it was well written with a dope beat.

His fan base gravitates to him simple because of that. His run has been longer than macklamore with less jump out singles.

He's basically a simi talented white dude benefiting off black culture in a system designed for black artist to struggle for ownership and air time. He brags about that as if hey you can do it also just follow my blueprint..lol

His music is more accessible than Em's to me. Russ actually tries to entertain you.

When I listen to Em, even old Em, I wonder how people ever listened to him for entertainment purposes. It always seemed like he rapped for himself and himself only, and he was white so he got poppin.

His music is more accessible than Em's to me. Russ actually tries to entertain you.

When I listen to Em, even old Em, I wonder how people ever listened to him for entertainment purposes. It always seemed like he rapped for himself and himself only, and he was white so he got poppin.

I like Em's music, it's like watching a Ben Stiller or Jim Carrey movie.

It's funny when you think about the white rappers from the 90s that failed. Cage, Milkbone, Everlast.

I still can't believe Puff's white rapper didn't work out. Kain or some ****. I thought he was gonna be huge.

Back
Top Bottom