The Combat Jack Show Thread

It wasn’t that simple especially if you remember how Spotify tried to devalue the pod as negotiations went on by lowering them in the rankings. And wasn’t providing the underlying data. Most importantly, you also have to remember that “bag” came with a 360 deal. It wasn’t just the pod. Spotify wanted the rights to any and all ventures involving the pod and its cohosts. Touring and merch revenue, Joe’s Pull Ups, Park’s music, anything Rory and Mal wanted to do would be owned by Spotify.

If Spotify wasn’t budging on the 360 deal and wasn’t coming close to the asking price for the rights to everyone’s IP then what? You just take it because that’s whats being offered? Nah…

Imagine the narrative if Joe worked out an individual deal with Spotify and separated from the other pod members. Amicably or contentiously it would have been a bad look.
But Spotify doesn’t have rights to Joe rogan or call me daddy. So are we sure this isn’t a case of joes nonsense.

It wasn’t that simple especially if you remember how Spotify tried to devalue the pod as negotiations went on by lowering them in the rankings. And wasn’t providing the underlying data. Most importantly, you also have to remember that “bag” came with a 360 deal. It wasn’t just the pod. Spotify wanted the rights to any and all ventures involving the pod and its cohosts. Touring and merch revenue, Joe’s Pull Ups, Park’s music, anything Rory and Mal wanted to do would be owned by Spotify.

If Spotify wasn’t budging on the 360 deal and wasn’t coming close to the asking price for the rights to everyone’s IP then what? You just take it because that’s whats being offered? Nah…

Imagine the narrative if Joe worked out an individual deal with Spotify and separated from the other pod members. Amicably or contentiously it would have been a bad look.

Saw someone say this in here a while ago and it didn't make sense then...doesn't now. Park is an engineer. HOW ON EARTH and WHY ON EARTH would Spotify ask for a piece of "his music"?

"Parks...you did the EQ on that Griselda track? We're gonna need a percentage of that"

Saw someone say this in here a while ago and it didn't make sense then...doesn't now. Park is an engineer. HOW ON EARTH and WHY ON EARTH would Spotify ask for a piece of "his music"?

"Parks...you did the EQ on that Griselda track? We're gonna need a percentage of that"

Not speaking to the legitimacy of all that **** or anything, but he does have projects he's selling as an artist

Ask Spotify 🤷🏽‍♂️

FWIW Parks is also a producer and likes being indie. I have no idea how Spotify would obtain rights of his past and future engineering credits. If the guys said Spotify wanted everything, and they didn’t want to give everything, then who am I to say they fumbled the bag?

Joe really ruined the bag. Smh.

Pride and Ego man.

The pod was doing really well on Spotify as well despite the underlying frustrations.

I know Joe's whole thing is ownership but man he might look back on that move with some regret.
Wait why do y'all want Joe to give up all ownership of something he created?

Do y'all not remember what they wanted?
Yeah something seems off. Either way take the comfort and stability of the short corporate contract and plan the next move.
That's what Joe did the first time. It didn't work out when it was time to re-up.

Bridget Kelly would be a good addition to Joe’s pod. The Patreon episodes were good.

It's interesting to me how Biz in the 2012 interview said he was good by 2002, basically just off Just A Friend before Yo Gabba Gabba and all the after DJ stuff was just for the love. I mean dude was talking about getting a bigger house because of all his sneakers and records.

That's crazy in relation to DMX who was selling millions of albums, doing movies and doing major tours :smh:

Wait why do y'all want Joe to give up all ownership of something he created?

Do y'all not remember what they wanted?

That's what Joe did the first time. It didn't work out when it was time to re-up.
As I said, I think Joe was bull****ting. Why would Spotify put his podcast and only him on a 360 deal

But Spotify doesn’t have rights to Joe rogan or call me daddy. So are we sure this isn’t a case of joes nonsense.
Rory and Parks got on camera and said the same thing. Don’t remember the ep. And if I don’t believe the company treated me fairly in the first deal (i.e., not compensating me for bringing a large audience to their platform and other shows on their platform) why would I trust them going forward?

From what I know of Joe Rogan and Call Her Daddy, they are much bigger shows and smaller outfits than JBP. More negotiation power and most importantly they agreed to ads. If you are bringing me ad revenue then I don’t need to tap into your other ventures to get money.

I get it, Joe is a nut case. It easier to point to his behavior and generalize instead of parsing down that individual situation to comprehend why that specific deal didn’t get done. All I got left on this topic is if you’ve ever negotiated then you know how to prepare for concessions and ALWAYS be willing to walk away.

Rory and Parks got on camera and said the same thing. Don’t remember the ep. And if I don’t believe the company treated me fairly in the first deal (i.e., not compensating me for bringing a large audience to their platform and other shows on their platform) why would I trust them going forward?

From what I know of Joe Rogan and Call Her Daddy, they are much bigger shows and smaller outfits than JBP. More negotiation power and most importantly they agreed to ads. If you are bringing me ad revenue then I don’t need to tap into your other ventures to get money.

I get it, Joe is a nut case. It easier to point to his behavior and generalize instead of parsing down that individual situation to comprehend why that specific deal didn’t get done. All I got left on this topic is if you’ve ever negotiated then you know how to prepare for concessions and ALWAYS be willing to walk away.
Rory also said he had no interaction with spotify and their negotiations. So he was clearly just parroting what Joe was saying

As I said, I think Joe was bull****ting. Why would Spotify put his podcast and only him on a 360 deal
Well theres some obvious answers to that.

They didn't want Joe to see any numbers so he wouldn't be able to gauge his real worth.

The thing is who says he's the only one being offered that deal?

These other podcasters aren't detailing their contracts to show spotify doesn't do this to everybody are they?

Some of them are fine with those deals and giving up ownership.

Joe said the same thing I thought about Royce's song. Royce was displaying actual rapping ability, with his flow and rapping. Lupe came back with a bunch of regular *** disses that Royce has been hearing for 20 years and tweets from Benzino.

Also does Joe actually tip at these clubs? How many chicks has he sent to nursing and nail tech and cosmetology school over the years

Joe said the same thing I thought about Royce's song. Royce was displaying actual rapping ability, with his flow and rapping. Lupe came back with a bunch of regular *** disses that Royce has been hearing for 20 years.
Sounds like the takeover/ether argument

Not that I disagree, but I thought lupe stayed on topic more. I definitely wasn’t expecting Murals after Royce called him a b to his face

Joe said the same thing I thought about Royce's song. Royce was displaying actual rapping ability, with his flow and rapping. Lupe came back with a bunch of regular *** disses that Royce has been hearing for 20 years and tweets from Benzino.

Royce wasn’t talking about **** relative to Lupe even tho it was good rapping

Lupe dissected him no matter who’s said it before and I’d assume Benzino wasnt talking about podcasts and the sneak dissing; I’d assume the only thing that was a dead horse was the Em stuff and like Lu said, “ion even gotta say it to say it”

Ofc Joe gon side wit his boy he can’t afford to have no more public tension wit his few homies left :lol:

Ok I wasn't paying close attention before but how did this whole Royce and Lupe beef start?

Just lyrical rapper posturing and **** turned sour? :nerd:

Also Mickey Factz still raps?

Back
Top Bottom