THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

I agree. From beginning to end, I think this was better than TDK.

TDK has higher highs, but also lower lows. The pacing in TDKR is much better and makes it a better film.

Heath's performance is legendary though. Hardy is great, but the Joker is a much more fun character than Bane.

The cast in TDKR> TDK as whole. Anne Hathaway was awesome. Carcetti cameo Ben Roethlisberger > Deebo cameo.

fixed.

Ending of the movie had me like

Movie was really, really good but not better than TDK and might not be as watchable as the Avengers (completely different movie, I know, but TDKR is just not fun). The film is 2 hours and 45minutes and they packed a lot in the film but it still felt rushed. I really wouldn't have minded another 20-25 extra more minutes to flesh it out and time it better.

Banes voice is somewhat hard to take seriously, it really reminded me of someone with helium and I couldn't get used to it throughout the film. Maybe after a few more showing I would and that would actually help as some of the things he said wasn't very clear. I feel like they could have edited and cleaned it up some more.

Anne as Catwoman was great, she really could act. Hardy did great as Bane as well, his eyes just conveyed so much. Also probably Bales best performance in the trilogy? That is debatable but he played the part well.

Action was great, started somewhat slow but the action picked up. In comparison to the Avengers, it felt like it needed more but overall it had the best action of the trilogy. I just can't say it is better than TDK but it is up there.

Nolan did a good job ending the trilogy but he could have done it better. Still a very good film and sadly that shooting will destroy any chance of it beating the Avengers (I know a douche thing to even mention but it is true).

The film was a bit predictable. What I really loved about TDK was that the Joker was simply always one step ahead of Bats and you never knew what was going to happen. In this one, even though I didn't want to believe it but Talia was predictable and Blake being the next Bats -was Robin?- was also a dead giveaway throughout the film (being an orphan, hesitant to kill, Bats telling him that he should wear a mask, etc...). Although it never really felt like Blake would make a good Bats outside of the same morals he believed in.

Banes/Talias plot was good and I guess you can say it's good that it all comes in circles but I wish there was more to it than just rehashing Ra's plan. A different way to destroy Gotham but for practically the same reasons. After the Joker and his plans in TDK, this one simply pales in comparison.

The film did feel a bit forced at times, like Nolan wanted to satisfy every fan boys dream like including Talia, adding Robin and making him the next Bats, Batplane, breaking his back, etc...

I like the touch of Killian in there being back, if Heath was alive I am sure he would have a cameo in this film too.

Last edited:
The movie was everything I had hoped it to be.

Bane gave no dambs, about anything. The first fight between him and Batman was a little hard to watch. Batman is our guy and the beating he was taking was brutal. And when Bane broke his back...man, that was intense. Anne was great in her role. Nolan knows what he's doing when he does his casting. Shame on some of us for doubting him. The guy has never done us wrong.

Bale gave his most impressive portrayal of the caped crusader yet. The Dark Knight was IMO very skimpy on the details of Bruce Wayne and did not explore his character much. I'm glad that we got a greater understanding of Bruce.

I thought the ending was great. Lots of plot twists that I thought were great. I'm sad that the legend has ended. These were not just great comic book movies, but great movies and the storytelling was some of the best. Movies like this don't come around all that often.

Looking forward to seeing it again next week. Can't wait to see it in IMAX.

Really can't get over how good this movie is. One of the best I've seen in a while.
Didn't have too high of expectations but was blwon away. Probaably going to see it again.

Nolan confirmed!!

Bane on the other hand, could take a few more Gent classes and project his voice more clearly for all to hear..

I had a hard time understanding Bane throughout the movie lol! Once in a while it just sounded like mumbling to me...

But wow, what a great movie. Bane was excellent, so bad a**. The Joker was in another world though, I don't think you can compare the two.... The Joker was just simply a masterpiece on camera. But the ending to this movie, is what was so amazing. God I wanna see it again. :smokin

This movie was absolutely unbelievable. Loved every minute. Felt like it was only 1hr long as opposed to 2h 45min.

I'm struggling to think of a trilogy that ended as well as this one. Absolutely amazing stuff.

and :wow: at the Superman teaser.

First I want to send my Prayers out to all my fellow Coloradians. Hearing everything that happened on the news this morning was tough for me swallow since I am a native!

On to the movie, this was the best ending to a trilogy I have ever seen. Watching the movie I saw things developing, but I never could put my finger on the conclusions. It was amazing...This was by far the best one in the series. Props to Mr. Nolan and his work on the batman trilogy

[COLOR=#red]guy behind me was openly weeping at the end.

I loved the movie... two things bugged me, but before i speak about it I want to see it again, but in no way took away from the movie. I'm curious to see what the numbers will be come monday.[/COLOR]

There's No Money You Can Steal Here!

(Bane Voice) reeeeeally? Then Why are you here?(Bane Voice)

WeeBey.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom