THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by RFX45

But seriously, Batman Returns had a better story that tied all 3 main characters together very well.
Batman with Nicholson was great but it was pretty straightforward and simple. Very well acted but Pfeiffer as Catwoman and Devito as Penguin was gold and wasn't campy at all. Walken was good.
Story was much more interesting too. I didn't like Basinger as Vale at all, she didn't act like the tough, outspoken reporter she was supposed to be, at least she didn't portray it well enough.
Come to think of it, I think Keaton might have actually been better as Bruce in the second film too.

With that said, both Burton Batman film were really good, ranked just below TDK and both slightly better than Begins but Batman Returns was just better to me.

Queue the gifs since I know NTers hate it when you go against the grain.

Eh, I dunno, that's tough honestly.  I didn't like Penguin at all, and thought Catwoman was almost a waste of time.  Keaton very well could have played Bruce/Bat better than 1, and Walken is just Walken, but I couldn't really get with 2 of the 4 main characters. 

Certainly better than what 3 and 4 turned out to be, but just below, and slightly better....? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
  That's a BOLD statement man.  Are you not a big fan of Nolan's vision of the movies?  Cuz to me his 2 movies make the 2 Burton ones look like made for TV movies.  And of course the last 2 like Elementary school plays. 
laugh.gif

Just below doesn't mean TDK is a notch better, it just means I rank it below TDK from the best Batmans films. TDK > Batman Returns > Batman (1989) & Batman Begins (tied). 
TDK is definitely far superior but I did like Burtons Returns to Nolans Begins and Retruns definitely felt more like a Burton film than the first too, which makes me like it even more.

Kind of weird we have such different views though since I thought Catwoman was an integral part of the film, it really wouldn't even be the same w/o her. It's that 3-way interaction on who is in whose side that makes it so much better, then Walken acting behind the scenes and how everything ties up was just well written/made. 
You're certainly piquing my interest.  I may need to take another look now that I'm older and see if my mind changes.  But from what I remember, I couldn't stand Penguin at all, (even though I thought DeVito was the perfect fit) I think the look and feel of him and his story just bothered me.  And I get what you're saying on the 3 sided issue, and who backs who, that is a great dynamic, I just didn't think the 3 fit together.  I dunno.  It's been a long time, I should sit down and try one more time, see what I think now after seeing the Nolan ones, see if it would fit imo into that world.  I always just gave 1 credit because of Jack, and it was the first attempt at serious comic book movie making back then, maybe I overlooked Returns. 

you guys think Coleman Reese may play a role in this movie??  By telling Bane who Batman is, just a thought....

5 days away from 365 days for my butt in a seat at the midnight showing for this.

Lord let the time fly!

I know wikipedia is not trustworthy but it says Liam Neeson has a cameo. Kinda has me thinking he might be a supporting behind the scenes villain, maybe being revived through the lazurus pit.

Originally Posted by DimSum9

I know wikipedia is not trustworthy but it says Liam Neeson has a cameo. Kinda has me thinking he might be a supporting behind the scenes villain, maybe being revived through the lazurus pit.

Already been confirmed.

Why wouldnt they just shoot Bane. I mean if he is killing people might as well. Kind of like bin laden.

Saw a better version of the trailer during the HP premiere and the last scene looks like Batman being stalked by Bane and looking over matched.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TmAk15

tumblr_loc4aqvT5A1qzztw3o1_500.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 @ the debris comment as well.

Saw the trailer during Harry Potter and it definitely had me hype. Movie looks it's going to be a lot darker and grittier than TDK. 

Originally Posted by chris82790

Saw a better version of the trailer during the HP premiere and the last scene looks like Batman being stalked by Bane and looking over matched.
pimp.gif

At the end it looks like an injured Batman backing away Bane.
pimp.gif
 Bane is looking like a beast!
@GotHolesInMySocks[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] If that is true, it could be Hugo Srange[/font]

Takes me back to the TDK thread. All the hype, teasers, pics, info.. the clock ticking down until show time. %%* was EPIC. Guys dressed like the Joker at the movies
laugh.gif

It seems hard to top that movie but if this one does, hands down the greatest movie of all time.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Takes me back to the TDK thread. All the hype, teasers, pics, info.. the clock ticking down until show time. %%* was EPIC. Guys dressed like the Joker at the movies
laugh.gif

It seems hard to top that movie but if this one does, hands down the greatest movie of all time.

Ppl went all out at the midnight showing I went to. Had like 4 Jokers, A Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, obviously Batman and even a Riddler.

Back
Top Bottom