The details are lost and that's what the problem is for me....

Happy New Year NT
wink.gif

Okay so over the past few weeks I have had some time off and been making my rounds to visit people and what not. Of course since the snow let up justafter Christmas here in the Chi I have been able to rock a few J's. Anyway people have asked why I stopped copping like I use to, so I was at the cribthinking about it and looking at some of my J's and I think the main thing is the details have slipped by JB's waist side.
I wrote about it earlier on my site and basically when an OGcolorway comes people get mad excited... I mean for the most part I do to. Now let's take for example the Steel X, I was happy, not overly but still happywhen they were coming back, however when I saw them in real life I was almost offended that JB half stepped on the toe of the shoe and left the extra leatheroff. This type of thing just goes to show that with any product whether JB or any other brand... when you miss the little things it doesn't go unnoticed. Ithink the killer for me was changing the color on the heal of the Aqua VIII's... that part was so critical to the shoe in my opinion. Anyway I know qualityis not ever going to be the same, and I know they have to make some changes so OG collectors are still happy, but why change the whole integrity of the shoe?It's not just the NIKE AIR on the shoe for me that doesn't much bother me, only shoe that I REALLY miss the Nike Air on is the IV but after seeing whatthey did to the CDP IV there was FAR FAR too much to point out wrong with that shoe than just a Nike Air on the heal.
Anyway just my $.02 was wondering if those slight changes differences are swaying anyones decision to purchase?

Wait are you talking about the toe cap? And the aquas back part different color from og that is just looking for the mistake imo. I had og aquas the retrodidnt really bother me.Im happy i have aquas that wouldn't fall apart on me. Sneakers are sneakers not living things.

i feel you on that bra,real talk, i too think that changing something as small as certain color patterns or small details in the stitching can complete ruinthe shoe for the example the olympic 6's this year, i think the shoe would have been so much better if they would have left the design off of the toe box.for that small added detail, it ruined the shoe in my opinion and alot of other people feel the same way. quality will never be the same but your right thatwhen JB tries to "think of the collectors" and change small features on the new release, they kinda ruin the shoe, just my opinion.

And the aquas back part different color from og that is just looking for the mistake imo.
I'm sorry but that was HUGE IMO...

viii_heals.jpg

Wait are you talking about the toe cap?
Yes toe cap, makes the whole shoe look different without it.... don't you think so?

x_toe.jpg

i agree but i dont think they will go that far anymore to show all the details they did back then and i cant really see them doing it in the future. i shurewouldnt mind them doing it again but theres nothing we can really do about it.

i can agree with your argument bro, the shoe just feels less authentic, or less true to what it originally was when JB makes those small changes....cheapermaterials, switching logos, stitching, laces, colors.

part of the reason i buy jordan shoes and not "novelty" shoes like sb's is the history MJ has with a particular shoe, so why change a design whenit is already great and so heavily associated with Mj's legacy?

I agree, but just like others have said it will never be the same. JB is more into making money instead of keeping up with all of the small details

Originally Posted by JStar25

And the aquas back part different color from og that is just looking for the mistake imo.

viii_heals.jpg

Yes toe cap, makes the whole shoe look different without it.... don't you think so?

x_toe.jpg

Ok the aqua's difference is so minuscule that it doesn't even matter and JORDAN himself made that change to the tens cause he wanted clean toe boxs

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

viii_heals.jpg

x_toe.jpg

Ok the aqua's difference is so minuscule that it doesn't even matter and JORDAN himself made that change to the tens cause he wanted clean toe boxs

sheep_herd_looking_at_camer.jpg

Just cause he made the change does that mean you are happy with it?
smh.gif

For that matter did you even have an OG pair of Steels?

Your argument is valid, I just think you used bad examples...

The Aqua VIII's back is only a minor difference. Unless you're talking about the purple not being all sparkly like the og's. The shade of grey willget lighter on retros over time.

The X's toe cap was not included on the retro's because it was taken off all other OG's after the Steels. That was a decision MJ made...Not JordanBrand.

smh.gif

Ok I'll admit no I don't own a pair of OG tens but then again its the 10s I never cared that much except for a few color ways and it doesn't matterif it had the toebox or not because thats what jordan wanted and thats what he got. II would show you a pic of the ORIGINAL SIXS with the toebox but I cantfind the pic.

i feel you, its the little things that still make a big difference....rather get a slightly changed og colorway over some random colorway j ('08 oly vi)

Originally Posted by stewpendous1

I agree, but just like others have said it will never be the same. JB is more into making money instead of keeping up with all of the small details

i agree with you. quality along with changing certain aspects of the shoes has made me care less about buying jordans. putting the straps on the black/redI's really turned me off and thus i didn't buy them. i will continue to skip certain releases if it continues to go in this direction.

let me just say this. i'm with you about the quality and the changes on the retros such as no red heel tab on the playoff 8's, but you have to realizethis too. First off, many of the OGs were made in Taiwan, where as, Jordans are now made in China. You have to also consider that some of the same materialsthat were available for initial production might not be as readily available today. Look at how many years ago that was. And even if it was like 5 years ago,things change. JB might not be able to get the exact same material as they did the first time. it might not be readily available. Think about it. You can buythe same brand of wine, but no two bottles taste exactly the same. Why? because you can't duplicate different batches. you can get close, but never theexact same. Now how do we expect to duplicate a shoe made many years before, when you can't duplicate wine or soda even, in batches made right after oneanother? Also, take into consideration different factories, different workers, different machines.......

True, some of it is JBs fault, but a lot of it they can't help. I'm sure they try to get a close copy, but really, we can't expect a clone.

Happy New Year NT
wink.gif

Okay so over the past few weeks I have had some time off and been making my rounds to visit people and what not. Of course since the snow let up just after Christmas here in the Chi I have been able to rock a few J's. Anyway people have asked why I stopped copping like I use to, so I was at the crib thinking about it and looking at some of my J's and I think the main thing is the details have slipped by JB's waist side.
I wrote about it earlier on my site and basically when an OG colorway comes people get mad excited... I mean for the most part I do to. Now let's take for example the Steel X, I was happy, not overly but still happy when they were coming back, however when I saw them in real life I was almost offended that JB half stepped on the toe of the shoe and left the extra leather off. This type of thing just goes to show that with any product whether JB or any other brand... when you miss the little things it doesn't go unnoticed. I think the killer for me was changing the color on the heal of the Aqua VIII's... that part was so critical to the shoe in my opinion. Anyway I know quality is not ever going to be the same, and I know they have to make some changes so OG collectors are still happy, but why change the whole integrity of the shoe? It's not just the NIKE AIR on the shoe for me that doesn't much bother me, only shoe that I REALLY miss the Nike Air on is the IV but after seeing what they did to the CDP IV there was FAR FAR too much to point out wrong with that shoe than just a Nike Air on the heal.
Anyway just my $.02 was wondering if those slight changes differences are swaying anyones decision to purchase?

TRUE.

If you notice, the kids version of the shoe ACTUALLY got that part right. THAT's what kills me everyday I wear the retro's.

smh.gif

i did not have a pair of OG steels. but yes, i am happy they ditched that part of the tens. that toe cap is horrible looking.
the nice smooth rounded toe box is a highlight of the 10s IMO.

Originally Posted by versache530

let me just say this. i'm with you about the quality and the changes on the retros such as no red heel tab on the playoff 8's, but you have to realize this too. First off, many of the OGs were made in Taiwan, where as, Jordans are now made in China. You have to also consider that some of the same materials that were available for initial production might not be as readily available today. Look at how many years ago that was. And even if it was like 5 years ago, things change. JB might not be able to get the exact same material as they did the first time. it might not be readily available. Think about it. You can buy the same brand of wine, but no two bottles taste exactly the same. Why? because you can't duplicate different batches. you can get close, but never the exact same. Now how do we expect to duplicate a shoe made many years before, when you can't duplicate wine or soda even, in batches made right after one another? Also, take into consideration different factories, different workers, different machines.......

True, some of it is JBs fault, but a lot of it they can't help. I'm sure they try to get a close copy, but really, we can't expect a clone.

You know logic on Niketalk is forbidden when we are talking about JB shoes right
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom