The details are lost and that's what the problem is for me....

let me just say this. i'm with you about the quality and the changes on the retros such as no red heel tab on the playoff 8's, but you have to realize this too. First off, many of the OGs were made in Taiwan, where as, Jordans are now made in China. You have to also consider that some of the same materials that were available for initial production might not be as readily available today. Look at how many years ago that was. And even if it was like 5 years ago, things change. JB might not be able to get the exact same material as they did the first time. it might not be readily available. Think about it. You can buy the same brand of wine, but no two bottles taste exactly the same. Why? because you can't duplicate different batches. you can get close, but never the exact same. Now how do we expect to duplicate a shoe made many years before, when you can't duplicate wine or soda even, in batches made right after one another? Also, take into consideration different factories, different workers, different machines.......

True, some of it is JBs fault, but a lot of it they can't help. I'm sure they try to get a close copy, but really, we can't expect a clone.

I'm not really going to compare something you ingest to something you wear. I would agree every batch is different but that wasn't my point. My pointwas they changed the color and removed certain parts of the shoes which I think we are in agreement, we all know the quality isn't the same (which I firmlybelieve the materials are out there, JB is just cutting corners and cost which to a degree I can understand), but at least leave the colors the right way andthe design the right way. Go head and change something small if you have too like the Jumpman on the heal or slight change in pattern on the inside of the shoeand place a mark of some sort on the inner tongue. There are plaenty of options that JB can do to make both sides of the fence happy.

To the people that said changing the heal is not noticeable.... was it noticeable when Michael Jackson changed his skin color about 15 shades? I think it was.

Maybe since VIII's rank up pretty high with me is the reason I took notice right away and was not happy. Which I suppose I understand why many wouldn'tcare so much because I don't know to many that really appreciate the VIII like I do.

Oh yeah and the heal will NOT lighten over time, unless let them mugs bake out in the sun and hope they fade.
smh.gif

The X is a terrible example imo, the shoes look terrible with the toe cap. Since the steels and the OG shadows were the only OGs with the cap, it does notbother me that it was removed as it seemed to be more of a defect than anything else.

I slept on those X's. I hear you man it's all about money. JB stopped making quality shoes right after they released the DMP's.

alright to help the guy out, what about the Jumpman Pro? The lack of real CF without a doubt kept me from buying, as I'm it sure it did for some of you aswell.

Great post... Those of us lucky enough to have had the OG's notice the small stuff, and it definitely is disappointing not to be able to get something thesame as you had back in the day. To some it may be small insignificant differences, but to us it definitely ruins the shoe.

I was reading an article in the New Sole Collector in reference to the Penny II retro, where they talked about making a retro is harder then what peopleassume. It's easy to create a shoe as opposed to duplicating a shoe, and I can understand and respect that being as though there hasn't been manyretros that have been on the money sturcture wise, but there have been some that have looked just as good as the original.

funny, I got my retro steel 10's on now. honestly, the retro's look waayyyy better than the og's.

i think the whole point of the retro's is to improve the look and quality if they can, while also making minor changes to retain the value oforiginal's. They may not get the quality down every time, but as long as they release decent retro's with decent colorways, Im not gonna complain.

The changes in minute details matter more to the people that had the OG shoes the first time around. Everytime I see the smallest change in a retro/CDP fromthe OG model, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

i could understand where you're coming from, but not too many people took offense to the darker grey on the viii's, and it seems more people like theclean x's without the toecap anyway. you have a good argument, just the wrong examples. now mention "nike air" on the heel, you'll haveeveryone on your side
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom