~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

I dig this. I wasn’t listening to Dom during his heyday, so this probably sounds different to me than to people who were fans of his all those years.

Last edited:
Why is his voice slightly higher pitched than it used to be? I took a break from Dom after disappointing releases but this seems good minus his voice sounding different from Yellow Album era.

Overall this is solid

Yo on the real Rap N Roll was fire from front to back for me I enjoy running the entire thing no skips every time I turn it on. I could feel Dom's rejuvenation and his subject matter felt a bit more refreshed as well. But to be honest I have been able to find enjoyment in every project he has put out during his career. I know there's a lot of mixed feedback on projects like "By Dom Kennedy", "Los Angeles Is Not for Sale, vol 1", "Volume Two", "Young Nation, Vol. 2", etc. but I think Dom's NT roots and integrity as an artist have always magnetized me to his music even though those projects deviated from the sound of everyone's prototypical favorite Dom (Yellow Album). Maybe part of me sees through the faults others pointed out because for me Dom represents a space in music that was never tainted/saturated with the same population of people who are hype oriented (re-sellers, yeezy boys, bammas who try to hustle popeyes chicken sandwiches and cactus jack mcdonalds meals). I can close my eyes listening to his music and know that he still stands for the same artist quality in himself as the dude who had me bumpin 25th hour feelin real player with it while getting my learners permit and drivers license back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom