~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

CADB24B1-DCDD-4288-BC29-5B67A9ECC358.gif

I don't know man like I'm not tryna disrespect anyone's music taste and at the end of the day it's all just opinions so mine means nothing more than anyone else's opinion...but it feels like it's just the popular joke to go along with on here to sleep on Dom. But personally I thought this tape was a really cool collection of slick summertime cuts with a lot of snares and some quality bars from Dom if you truly listen. Yea he may have some random bars here and there that are basic like talking about what kind of beer he likes but that's what rap is all about, your life and the things that's resonate within it (basic and complex alike). I think it's easy to have that elitist point of view towards music especially here on NT it's the culture to think and express your opinion that way. But if you loved the way Dom made summertime such a cohesive moment going all the way back to 25th hour, then I think it's more than accurate to say Dom has stuck to that formula pretty darn well. I really enjoy his music front to back of his entire discography.

*End long unwarranted opinion there is no right or wrong here*

bruh.... no^

I have been with Dom since Day 1. He is still my go-to. His whole flow is nothing what it used to be. If he is experimenting then I get it. But a lot of his recent projects have been duds or have little playback value. His flow is the first thing that I listen for. It is hard to listen to him when he has been consistently and/or purposefully rapping off beat. It is like he has no energy or dosen't care. He has a great beat selection. His raps on the Half-a-mil projects were pretty good (gave me hope) but I can't get with Hit-boy, just something about him.

Listen to Menace Beach and then listen to ANY song on this new tape and see how they compare...

I don't know man like I'm not tryna disrespect anyone's music taste and at the end of the day it's all just opinions so mine means nothing more than anyone else's opinion...but it feels like it's just the popular joke to go along with on here to sleep on Dom. But personally I thought this tape was a really cool collection of slick summertime cuts with a lot of snares and some quality bars from Dom if you truly listen. Yea he may have some random bars here and there that are basic like talking about what kind of beer he likes but that's what rap is all about, your life and the things that's resonate within it (basic and complex alike). I think it's easy to have that elitist point of view towards music especially here on NT it's the culture to think and express your opinion that way. But if you loved the way Dom made summertime such a cohesive moment going all the way back to 25th hour, then I think it's more than accurate to say Dom has stuck to that formula pretty darn well. I really enjoy his music front to back of his entire discography.

*End long unwarranted opinion there is no right or wrong here*

05B5AFB8-B730-4F59-A070-81EDF8B2A4C8.gif

Dom wasted some great beats man, I wish he would just rap a complete verse without randomly pausing for 8 ****ing seconds. Its like he says 4 bars then tries to admire what he said during the song. He's always been a laid back dude on tracks but it sounds like he literally just woke up on a few of these tracks. Dza murdered his verse

solewoman solewoman Menace Beach wasn't very high up on my favorites from FutureStreet/DrugSounds so when I compare that song to the new tape it just sounds like I'm still listening to Dom Kennedy music I can thoroughly enjoy riding around in the whip to or smoking to. But again thats why I really place an emphasis on this all being purely opinionated my words have no weight in right or wrong here!

Damn shame what happened to Dom. NT put me on to him around FSDS and I became a fan when FTWSWL dropped. Yellow album is a classic :nthat:

People have had the same opinions on doms work ever since the yellow album.

General consensus says the music is lazy and 1 dude ALWAYS capes up. Lol

Ive given dude chance after chance after chance to return to form and he smacks me in the face every time. Not again. Wont eem bother checkin for it.

You guys enjoy this one...

Never is :pimp:.

but dawg listen to his energy on that joint compared to his newer ****. there is the problem. he sounding hella bored/ dozed off nowadays

Back
Top Bottom