The Dream "Purple Kisses"

laugh.gif
... don't tell me to fall back. As I Am is a the weakest album inAlicia's career. It's still dope, but it's not greatness.

Songs In A Minor>Diary>As I Am

For the record, Alicia has no classic albums under her belt. She's incredibly talented, but she hasn't put together a perfect pieceof work yet. She has yet to show off that total package that I KNOW she possesses somewhere. But everytime she drops an album, the BEST material is alwaysthe singles on the radio. You hear these classic records on radio and you think
eek.gif
... I gotta cop the album now. And then I do.. and the rest I'mlike... "yea, this is cool... I'm feelin this. But where are the rest of the CLASSICS??" I get the feeling from a lot of people that justbecause she can play a piano, that means she is a more "true" or a "real" artist. For the record... when it comes to material and qualityof albums, I can name 3 people off top who have consistently been better.

Erykah Badu - Baduizm and Mama's Gun >>> Any album Alicia has ever dropped.
Jill Scott - Vol 1 > Any album Alicia has ever dropped. And The Real Thing Vol 3 > As I Am
MJB - My Life > Alicia's Career

Let's be real here. Critics have never given Alicia more than 3.5-4/5 ratings for ANY of her LP's... As I Am included. Go do the research on that...I promise it. It's only on NT that I find out that she has classics
laugh.gif

It's my opinion that The R&B albums of the year are...

The Real Thing Vol 3 and Growing Pains.

One day, Alicia is gonna drop a classic. But that day has NOT yet come.

Erykah Badu - Baduizm and Mama's Gun >>> Any album Alicia has ever dropped.
Jill Scott - Vol 1 > Any album Alicia has ever dropped. And The Real Thing Vol 3 > As I Am
MJB - My Life > Alicia's Career
I agree on that besides "The Real Thing Vol 3>As I Am, My Life is
pimp.gif
that's a true classic and so is Share My World

No, Mary doesn't write all of her music. She co-writes though. Generally with her, she vibes with the songwriter/producer, and they come up with a songcapturing those feelings.

For example, with the joint Fade Away, that was a poem that she had written, and she gave it to Ne-Yo... he made the song based on her poem.

Back
Top Bottom