The end of Instagram............?

marketing and advertising?
Companies actively seek out popular instagram pages for promotion and advertising. That's where the big checks come in.
Have a very popular IG page with a wide audience, work with companies to promote their services or goods, collect checks, build corporate connections, work with more companies, collect more and bigger checks
It's a lot more work than it sounds like. For one you have to build, maintain and grow an audience. Again, not as easy as it sounds. That's just the first step. These people are essentially professional marketers. It might not seem like posting memes all day is a job but it is, it's just a different branch of marketing.

I always thought those large pages bought followers and likes to get to a certain number. If you look at some of those pages follower to like ratio it does seem like most pages don't have real people following them.

I always thought those large pages bought followers and likes to get to a certain number. If you look at some of those pages follower to like ratio it does seem like most pages don't have real people following them.
Some do but generally it's ill advised because it can potentially get your page suspended an IG does care actively suspend people doing this, I don't know anyone in such positions that bot their IG. People do pay for shoutouts a lot though to organically grow their followers faster. That's another source of income for very popular pages. Basically you pay a popular page to give you a shoutout. These shoutouts are usually deleted in 20-30 minutes but some offer to keep the post up for 24 hours, though you can expect to pay large amounts for that. I know the owner of @God and he charges around $80 for 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Page activity is the most important here, not necessarily the amount of followers.

It basically results in an instant flow of potential followers and comments, likes, ... like bots but they're real people.

There's always a large discrepancy between the amount of followers and likes and comments even if they were 100% organically grown.

Last edited:
They won't change it...
They want to boost user engagement based on algorithms but that's not what IG is about its about on demand timely content. However I like what they did with facebook algorithm it is amazing even if it snoops on 75% of my phone activity. I stopped using Facebook all together the new way content is fed on the site brought me back and I have stayed I use it as much as IG.

Never knew about selling usernames. What's your acquaintance's username? @Colombia
His username is Scary. He doesn't buy/sellfor the record.
I got offered to run a few million follower insagram accounts for a marketing company part time

Basically I would post multiple times each day at different times on each account. They would email me the pictures and tell me what to put in the caption. 

The pay was 4k per month, but considering how much I knew they were prob making off the ads etc, and that the accounts were for aimed towards girls, hair, makeup, beauty products/tips I turned it down.

Considering I'm on instagram literally every hour, I wouldn't mind a job like that, but just a different central theme the account would be based off of. Also I would want to run it myself and not under some marketing/advertising agency. 

Theres literally a teenage girl running multiple multimillion follower accounts and I always see her posting low-key subliminal ads and her follower base eats it up.

I'm interested in seeing a small documentary about these people though 
nerd.gif
 since I follow a few of those people who own meme accounts on instagram on snapchat and their stories be filled with nice city lofts and expensive cars chilling like they're on vacation all day. Specifically talking about the account @satan on IG

Last edited:
3M followers on a private page?....**** sounds sketchy as ****....

Also promotional IGs get the unfollow with the quickness, nothing I detest more than those chain follow accounts constantly spamming my feed....

Either way I'm gonna call bluff on a 3M private account....one of the main things to actually build a legit followers base is for your account to be public.

3M followers on a private page?....**** sounds sketchy as ****....

Also promotional IGs get the unfollow with the quickness, nothing I detest more than those chain follow accounts constantly spamming my feed....

Either way I'm gonna call bluff on a 3M private account....one of the main things to actually build a legit followers base is for your account to be public.
You have to think about the younger generation of kids with iPhones these days that follow these meme based accounts

If the account is public they can just look at it anytime by typing the name into the search bar, but if it is private they have to actually follow to see the content that is posted. In order to keep seeing the content posted they have to remain a loyal follower. So  the idea is that in order to see whats on the other side, you have to follow, then once you follow, these kids just stay following 

As an adult you prob don't give a damn, but the younger audience falls for it.

Also a lot of these huge meme accounts that help their friends get in the million follower insta game by literally telling their millions of followers that their best friend just made a new account. Then these followers will literally mindlessly click on the tag and follow too. They just help promote each other and grow together. Then as they grow they also got outside people giving them money to shout out a certain product etc to their follower base. Thats how they make money. 

Last edited:
I got offered to run a few million follower insagram accounts for a marketing company part time

Basically I would post multiple times each day at different times on each account. They would email me the pictures and tell me what to put in the caption. 

The pay was 4k per month, but considering how much I knew they were prob making off the ads etc, and that the accounts were for aimed towards girls, hair, makeup, beauty products/tips I turned it down.

so... where do I sign up for this gig you speak of?? :nerd:

Last edited:

so... where do I sign up for this gig you speak of??
nerd.gif
I got the offer through school since I'm a marketing major and it was just a small part time job I could do while still attending school and just literally working from wherever I was as long as I had my phone or laptop on me. You have to post at the specific times though and can't change captions ect. Very strict about this. You have to always be thinking about it on top of things throughout the day though which I thought might be a hassle if I was doing something that day. They also said I wasn't allowed to follow or shout myself out with the accounts. 
nerd.gif

roll.gif
 Funny cause I thought of exactly that when I was thinking about taking it. If it was something other than hair make up, I would have been on it. 4K also is a lot for freshman college student, compared to dining hall workers etc, but I'm not trying to be thinking about beauty products 24/7

Last edited:
You have to think about the younger generation of kids with iPhones these days that follow these meme based accounts

If the account is public they can just look at it anytime by typing the name into the search bar, but if it is private they have to actually follow to see the content that is posted. In order to keep seeing the content posted they have to remain a loyal follower. So  the idea is that in order to see whats on the other side, you have to follow, then once you follow, these kids just stay following 

As an adult you prob don't give a damn, but the younger audience falls for it.

Also a lot of these huge meme accounts that help their friends get in the million follower insta game by literally telling their millions of followers that their best friend just made a new account. Then these followers will literally mindlessly click on the tag and follow too. They just help promote each other and grow together. Then as they grow they also got outside people giving them money to shout out a certain product etc to their follower base. Thats how they make money. 

I get it....I just don't understand why any company will actually pay one of these Meme based accounts to promote a product, knowing who their following base consists of, links can't be posted in IG posts...and is. It like these followers even care for anything else other than some funny meme being posted to repost.....

I seriously cannot stand these "IG comedians/Meme creators" :lol:

But more power to them I suppose....something else that irks me is people that pay to hack their accounts and build ghost followers and ghost likes, be like 1k plus likes and 2 comments :rofl: like Bruh you ain't fooling nobody.

I got the offer through school since I'm a marketing major and it was just a small part time job I could do while still attending school and just literally working from wherever I was as long as I had my phone or laptop on me. You have to post at the specific times though and can't change captions ect. Very strict about this. You have to always be thinking about it on top of things throughout the day though which I thought might be a hassle if I was doing something that day. They also said I wasn't allowed to follow or shout myself out with the accounts. :nerd:  :rofl:  Funny cause I thought of exactly that when I was thinking about taking it. If it was something other than hair make up, I would have been on it. 4K also is a lot for freshman college student, compared to dining hall workers etc, but I'm not trying to be thinking about beauty products 24/7

shoot idc if the page is about gay pr0n. 4 G's a month just to post stuff on IG everyday I'll take it :lol:

Remember when MySpace was THE social media network?

MySpace was the best social network.

Once Facebook introduced the "like" and Twitter gave the ability to follow people and be followed...narcism in this era was boosted significantly.

It went from WE ARE MySpace friends....to I have these many followers or likes. Likes and followers have people the innate ability to measure their social status online. And people naturally bought in to that desire.

Social networking is appreciated though :pimp:. MySpace yambs were still the easiest out of all the social networks. Even dating sites.

Once Facebook introduced the "like" and Twitter gave the ability to follow people and be followed...narcism in this era was boosted significantly.

It went from WE ARE MySpace friends....to I have these many followers or likes. Likes and followers have people the innate ability to measure their social status online. And people naturally bought in to that desire.

Social networking is appreciated though :pimp:. MySpace yambs were still the easiest out of all the social networks. Even dating sites.

Whoa :wow:
Truer words have never been spoken.

Whoa :wow:
Truer words have never been spoken.

Cosign everything..but localhookupz >> myspace when it came to yamb quantity.. Straight layup back then :pimp:

IG def been getting worse, i just unfollowed about 30 accounts..all the celeb issues and waist trainers and tummy tea chicks is killin the appeal.

Back
Top Bottom