****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

At the end of the day will never know how much money Lavar and his kids made from the big baller brand shoes but I really think we missed out on a big opportunity back during summer league.
Remember when Lonzo was dominating the summer league, and everyone was talking about how he was switching shoes every game?

It was reported that at the time, Nike was offering Lonzo $20 million, twice as much as any other rookie, to sign with them.

At the end of the day will never know how much money Lavar and his kids made from the big baller brand shoes but I really think we missed out on a big opportunity back during summer league.
Remember when Lonzo was dominating the summer league, and everyone was talking about how he was switching shoes every game?

It was reported that at the time, Nike was offering Lonzo $20 million, twice as much as any other rookie, to sign with them.
That's nowhere close to the billion that Lavar demanded.

Am I missing something?

Lonzo is going to be around for a while, he’s going to be a pretty impactful player for a while.

Melo is definitely getting a look also. We knew Gelo wasn’t.

I don’t see how LaVar is going to just disappear from the public eye.

Am I missing something?

Lonzo is going to be around for a while, he’s going to be a pretty impactful player for a while.

Melo is definitely getting a look also. We knew Gelo wasn’t.

I don’t see how LaVar is going to just disappear from the public eye.

He'll prob never 'disappear', but over the past 5+ months or so he's been getting very minimal to zero coverage which has been great. His obnoxious *** will not dominate the airwaves/headlines like he did during his 15 minutes last summer.

The quote from the kid’s family didn’t say they charge players $450 for their shoes...

Smh

They said that (bbb) sells THEIR shoes for like $450 so who knows how much they will be selling jerseys for. (Not TO the players)

40% cut!!!!!!!!!!

Big baller bums.

What percentage do college athletes get?

Money to be paying these dudes has to come from somewhere.

Also... 60% of earnings is more than they would get in college. They see 0% of Jersey sales or other merch related to the program. They also won’t have to keep up w/ the ridiculous notion that they are “student athletes”. If making it to the next level is their goal, worrying about grades or eligibility won’t be in the way.

However, if any of these dudes get any kind of endorsement, it ain’t gonna be for much. All depends on the visibility of the league and building their own brand via social media and whatnot.

Honestly, I find it hard now to weed through what I should be really annoyed about in sports (or celebrity) and what is really no big deal... it's almost impossible now because we have to be angry at everything, and one small sound bite can be blowing up on twitter like it's WW3..
So true man

What percentage do college athletes get?

Also... 60% of earnings is more than they would get in college. They see 0% of Jersey sales or other merch related to the program. They also won’t have to keep up w/ the ridiculous notion that they are “student athletes”. If making it to the next level is their goal, worrying about grades or eligibility won’t be in the way.

However, if any of these dudes get any kind of endorsement, it ain’t gonna be for much. All depends on the visibility of the league and building their own brand via social media and whatnot.

You make solid points. This is a business any they need to find ways to operate. But let's not forget money is the root of all evil. Some dudes will be qucik to leave once that NBA or g-league opportunity comes their way.

Everything Lavar has done seems as though it's been poorly thought-out, hastily put-together and outrageously over priced. If you're going to charge this much for a basketball league, at least pay someone other than your younger brother to be a graphic arts.

The tickets to the Atlanta game are $99 a piece. LOL @ paying a hundred bucks to watch a glorified AAU basketball game.

7P9R.gif

You make solid points. This is a business any they need to find ways to operate. But let's not forget money is the root of all evil. Some dudes will be qucik to leave once that NBA or g-league opportunity comes their way.

Without a doubt they will. There is only a small window to even play in the JBA. I believe it’s 17-19.

Back
Top Bottom