****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

As far as brands catered directly for bball is And1 the only brand that really dipped into Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc for a period of time?
no brand is catered directly for bball but under armour, fila, and 1, and puma tried their hand.

under armour has stuck around recently

And and1 was a revolution. If they had better management they could of been much better off.
Completely agree, I mean they had a national tour and essentially a bball reality show on ESPN at their height. But once they got sponsorships from mt dew, a video game, etc. the business side took its toll and you know the story when there's so many mouths to feed with only so much money and the lesser known guys seemed to be jealous of professor and hot sauce among others. Not including Skip as he made the league.

This is his chance to back out and not take a huge L image wise. Hell, rebrand and come again with something different and still keep your public image intact. Alan is your scapegoat. Nah, you wanna double down, and do so without your marquee attraction in Zo (and your other son). Wow. I don't see this ending well at all. Gotta swallow your pride or risk it suffocating you.

So much for Lavar's super secret plan to get Melo eligible to play college ball. :lol:
Beck to Lithuania he goes

So much for Lavar's super secret plan to get Melo eligible to play college ball. :lol:
Beck to Lithuania he goes

I mean, I kinda get it from the standpoint that Melo can build his brand overseas. There is most likley SOME sort of endorsement potential in China/Australia in comparison to if he played in the G-league next year. This is something to keep an eye on. Hope this works out for the kid and he's actually getting sound advice from people not named Lavar.

Yea Lavar they just dont want to see all 3 of your boys on the same team in the league. It would be so unfair and they'd be the new dynasty the NBA never thought they'd see. Yeeesh

Also lol at him saying he doesn't want Melo playing against grown men. Well I guess Melo can play in some Jr league of barely out of HS kids.

Preview for the next episode of Ball in the Family looks good.

"As long as the family is together, NEVA LOST!" - Lavar

Completely agree, I mean they had a national tour and essentially a bball reality show on ESPN at their height. But once they got sponsorships from mt dew, a video game, etc. the business side took its toll and you know the story when there's so many mouths to feed with only so much money and the lesser known guys seemed to be jealous of professor and hot sauce among others. Not including Skip as he made the league.

Main problem was that they never evolved their basketball product. There was the Tai Chi and possibly one or maybe two other models that were popular.

Man it's a difference between belief and just being a clown. I rock with Lavar but you could see this thing crashing once he pulled the kids outta school. The signs were there. Where are the dudes that was defending his every move like there were some master plan only they could see?

I'm surprised he ain't flat out say "**** Lonzo, Melo my boy!!".

He really used this to get the attention he never got as a athlete.

Bros chance at making it is damn near ruined.

Melo talented too. :smh:

Last edited:
Where are the dudes that was defending his every move like there were some master plan only they could see?

Obviously I can’t speak for everyone but at the same time I don’t think that people were honestly defending him in THAT WAY.

I think his supporters were more like “we want this guy to succeed, let things play out instead of just calling him an idiot off the strength of how he talks and his loud and abrasive personality” as opposed to “we believe In Lavar because blind faith, shout out the big homie Jesus Christ!”

A lot of the support Lavar got was off the strength of people’s desire to root for the independent/little guy in the face of everyone saying that they were stupid for not signing a big endorsement deal with a huge brand right out of the gate.

Back
Top Bottom