****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Gelo's lane was to get w/ the young jenner...but travis scott beat him to it.

Obviously I can’t speak for everyone but at the same time I don’t think that people were honestly defending him in THAT WAY.

I think his supporters were more like “we want this guy to succeed, let things play out instead of just calling him an idiot off the strength of how he talks and his loud and abrasive personality” as opposed to “we believe In Lavar because blind faith, shout out the big homie Jesus Christ!”

A lot of the support Lavar got was off the strength of people’s desire to root for the independent/little guy in the face of everyone saying that they were stupid for not signing a big endorsement deal with a huge brand right out of the gate.
Nah it was definitely some blind faith and "You guys don't get it". Read back through this thread. I was rooting for them and could still say "aye this move is bad".

You criticize somebody and still hope they succeed.

Reactions: God
Taking lamelo out of high school COULD have worked but it was obviously very stupid.

Dude had so much more to gain from playing against other high schoolers his age. Going to the Jordan Brand Classic, or being a McDonald’s all American would have gotten BBB a million times more exposure, but dude wanted to hustle backwards and send him to Lithuania?

Dude was handed a winning lottery ticket with his family’s skill and he tried to new-money his way to the top. He wasn’t the next Steve Jobs. He was more like a lotto winner who blew all his money on coke and strippers.

The winning move was letting Lonzo sign his own Nike contract worth millions. Get paid. Let him ball out. Let your 2 younger sons ball out, go to college, set records, become high draft picks, repeat.

Could have started BBB on his own without compromising the future of his sons.

Nah it was definitely some blind faith and "You guys don't get it". Read back through this thread. I was rooting for them and could still say "aye this move is bad".

You criticize somebody and still hope they succeed.

Oh I guess I should have realized you were referencing the opinions in this thread.

Half the time NT folks are gonna go with blind faith logic because the internet.

I was speaking more generally... like people I know personally, talking to people at games etc.

His release is honestly worse than Lonzo’s.

Crazy that Gelo has the best looking shot and the least talent.

His release is honestly worse than Lonzo’s.

Crazy that Gelo has the best looking shot and the least talent.

I disagree completely. Lonzo's shot leaves no room for improvement unless it's drastically changed. His shot makes it impossible for him to go right.

Melo's shot is wild, but at it's core it's a low one motion shot in the similar vein of Steph, Trae Young, and others.

I think Melo was and is far and away the most talented out of the 3.

I disagree completely.

I think Melo was and is far and away the most talented out of the 3.

Why am I not surprised at all? :lol:

With offense being pretty much all that matters to you according to our exchange a few weeks ago, Melo would appear to be the most talented by that criteria.

But in all seriousness have you seen Melo get in a serious defensive stance and actually attempt to play d even 1 time?

Because I’ve watched a bunch of his games and cannot think of a time where he tried once on d.

I’m talking he’s trying less than James Harden in the 4th qtr on D.

Beyond that, I’m not impressed by his passing either. When I think of his game I think of a lot of close to the basket dump offs and haphazard lobs. Not a “oh my god how did he thread that needle” like Lonzo in the open court.

Melo has plenty of potential but he has t shown me anything to make me believe that he’s got more potential than Zo at this point.

And yeah I saw Melo play against Zion and it told me very little about Melo’s Game.

FWIW- that same game also had me thinking that Zion was limited and that turned out to be anything but the case.

So I hopefully we’ll get to see Melo against more blue chip talent within the next 18-24 months.

Wait people think that Lemelo’s shot isn’t broken?
:rofl:

He has a sideways 3/4 release from his chest.The **** you talking about.

Folks in here really think melo league bound?

He’s a 5 Star/ Top 15 prospect in his class, with NBA Bloodlines and currently on the official ESPN draft board for 2020....he’s an nba talent through and through.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...mock-draft-new-no-1-pick-scouting-lamelo-ball

Via ESPN:

“He clearly has improved and is trying to fit in with his teammates at Spire Institute. Ball is an enormous talent who has to change his everyday habits which include intensity, making better decisions and being a more consistent shooter with a better quality of shot selection. It’s not certain where he will play next year. College is a doubtful option, but the G-league path could be a good option if he is serious about playing at the next level. An NBA talent for sure, but he will have to clean up some old habits to make a new jump in his game.”​

He is going to get drafted I believe that. However he’ll be a late 1st more than likely and not a top 3 pick like his brother. The skill set and size are there but there are too many questions, including his loud dad that not every team will be willing to deal with for a kid who is unproven in the pros.

He’s a 5 Star/ Top 15 prospect in his class, with NBA Bloodlines and currently on the official ESPN draft board for 2020....he’s an nba talent through and through.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...mock-draft-new-no-1-pick-scouting-lamelo-ball

Via ESPN:

“He clearly has improved and is trying to fit in with his teammates at Spire Institute. Ball is an enormous talent who has to change his everyday habits which include intensity, making better decisions and being a more consistent shooter with a better quality of shot selection. It’s not certain where he will play next year. College is a doubtful option, but the G-league path could be a good option if he is serious about playing at the next level. An NBA talent for sure, but he will have to clean up some old habits to make a new jump in his game.”​
I dont think I have ever seen a NBA prospect have more negative flaws on just one side of the ball. Let's also not forget he never had to play defense like ever and the espn scouting report never mentioned anything about his defense

I dont think I have ever seen a NBA prospect have more negative flaws on just one side of the ball. Let's also not forget he never had to play defense like ever and the espn scouting report never mentioned anything about his defense

He’s capable a defender and has good instincts. Long too. Problem with him on the defensive end is his mentality. The ability is there tho. Discipline and taking the game seriously aren’t.

C79CA76C-3F56-4055-B8A6-0CC0C17A01A5.jpeg

If you’d take Lonzo’s mentality with Lamelo’s skill set...you’d have a hell of a prospect.

The best thing that Melo can do for his career is change that goofy shooting form that their father talked to him. I don't think an NBA team is willing to make the mistake they made with Lonzo and draft a player with such an unorthodox jumpshot.

At least with Lonzo in college you could say "yeah it's goofy but its going in" but now we've seen the results in the NBA and it's not pretty.

Back
Top Bottom