The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

Any of you bass guys have a frog rod?

thinking about putting one together to fish these scummy ponds and lakes.
dobyns has or had a run of some new rods for testing at $120 shipped I think they had a 715c rod which is good for frogs I believe and the power to pull them out of Minnesota waters with all the weeds . Dobyns kaden Ross . They got a Facebook “dobyns rod community “ or something like that

If I had a Facebook I’d probably cop.

that’s a good deal for sure, I’m guessing the price is gonna go up after they sell out.

If I had a Facebook I’d probably cop.

that’s a good deal for sure, I’m guessing the price is gonna go up after they sell out.
Yes might be 200$ retail

Here it is paired up with a tatula elite and 40 lb braid ready for jigging can’t wait till the ice melts or I might go down to Oklahoma

Attachments

• 5BA84513-6681-4C01-BEAC-B22C1EB6173C.jpeg
    5BA84513-6681-4C01-BEAC-B22C1EB6173C.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 32
Nice, I was thinking about getting the fuego. I’m trying to stay at about 200 bucks.

by the looks of the forecast the ice might be gone sooner than later but you never know this time of year.

river will be open at least. I’m trying to check out all these river backwaters by my house before it gets too hot and weedy myself.

pickerel lake and gun club lake are supposed to be good for bass.

Last edited:
You were in Montana for work or something?

my co worker is building a place out there. Gonna see if I can couch surf once it’s done.

Any spots in NYC to go fishing? Plan on doing so this spring.
Lots of great fishing in NYC. If you're up for party boat fishing or charters, going out of City Island or Sheepshead Bay are two great options.

I mainly fish from a boat, but if you're looking to fish from shore I've seen people all along the Hudson and East River. Seen some decent catches at Battery Park.

Been taking my son fishing at some water holes...nothing to brag about but we have fun...

20200509_091251_HDR.jpg

No idea what kind of fish this is...
20200411_111602_HDR.jpg

A bass he caught with a minnow lure...
20200503_091409.jpg

My big *** father in law hooked this on his Spider-Man pole and let my son reel it in...
123_1(1).jpeg

My dad took him on a boat to catch some catfish...he probably only caught 3 but the other dudes on the boat let him reel the rest in...

Back
Top Bottom