The game of dodgeball appreciation!

Should be an olympic sport...i'm serious. If they got BS like speed walking, why can't dodgeball be in there?

*Did yall ever play Prison Dodge back in the day? If you got hit, you went behind a line where the opposing team was posted up. If a ball rolled to you, you could throw it at the other team. If you hit someone, you went back to your side. Pretty much you had dodge balls coming from just about EVERY direction. Keep yo head on a swivel foo!

Originally Posted by Benssick

Feels good when you hit someone in the head and they get hurt.  Theirs just something about that good feeling you get inside
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
back in 3rd grade I was the self proclaimed dodgeball master of my elementary school. I would smash on everyone. I was able to catch the balls and throw em real strong. Anyways a couple of stories from my good days.

One of the teachers that worked with the "slower kids" (the ones that spelled dog dogg.) had a retarted black son (she was white) the size of shaq who was like 20 but had the mind of a little kid. He was super strong too. So when he would throw the red rubber balls everyone would dive out the way or use the fat kids as a shield. As I wanted to prove my alpha maleness I decided to catch his ball. I planted my feet and caught his ball real good.
pimp.gif
everyone was in astonishment and had their jaws to the ground. My swagger was at maximum capacity for the day and I decided to not even do homework or classwork.

also in 3rd grade, we were playing at break. My boy was acting tuff so to show him who the real master was I threw the ball with all my force (like goku's spirit bomb) straight at his face. It was a perfect throw sure to bust his nose and cause him to start bleeding. Well he jumped to try and catch it. All the speed my ball had captured hit him dead on his chest. Since it was such a hard throw it caused him to (in mid air) flip back and land on his back. He banged his dome on the concrete really bad and got up and started crying like a #+%*%
pimp.gif
then he turned around and I saw blood squirting out of his head like water does out of a small tear in a water balloon. I went from
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
to
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
I was real shook and couldn't even celebrate my victory.

I'll post a pic of the scar he has with no hair on that part of his head if he lets me.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Should be an olympic sport...i'm serious. If they got BS like speed walking, why can't dodgeball be in there?

*Did yall ever play Prison Dodge back in the day? If you got hit, you went behind a line where the opposing team was posted up. If a ball rolled to you, you could throw it at the other team. If you hit someone, you went back to your side. Pretty much you had dodge balls coming from just about EVERY direction. Keep yo head on a swivel foo!
it was called nation ball around my way. it is also appreciated.

1 time i aimed at the PE teacher that was on the phone. i missed but she dropped her phone behind the bleachers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by alkaTREz

Dodgeball separated the boys from men

this i had a "aura" during middle school all from dodgeball...if i was the last person the other person would always just quit to save form being popped
pimp.gif

i was the KING of dodgeball reg & prison....

Throw 1 ball high in the air... once that person goes for the catch... you throw another ball right at their face.
pimp.gif

How about Torpedo? THat was like the cousin of dodgeball....

You had two throwers on each side of the gym...everyone else starts behind the line and has to make it to the other side w/o getting hit w. the ball. If you get hit, you have to sit in that exact spot. You become a mine. When people run by, you can tag. If tagged those people become mines as well. Fun %!% game!

You had two throwers on each side of the gym...everyone else starts behind the line and has to make it to the other side w/o getting hit w. the ball. If you get hit, you have to sit in that exact spot. You become a mine. When people run by, you can tag. If tagged those people become mines as well. Fun %!% game!

We used to call that Torpedo Alley.  And instead of sitting down after getting hit, you would go to the side and be another thrower.  You would win if you were the last person left.

We also used to play Medic, it was just like dodgeball but if you got hit, you would sit down and scream for the Medic.  One person on your team was the Medic and he could go around and tag people that have been hit and bring them back into the game.  The Medic would have 3 guards that would deflect balls, and could never get out.  The game would end when someone hit the medic.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

We used to call that Torpedo Alley.  And instead of sitting down after getting hit, you would go to the side and be another thrower.  You would win if you were the last person left.

We also used to play Medic, it was just like dodgeball but if you got hit, you would sit down and scream for the Medic.  One person on your team was the Medic and he could go around and tag people that have been hit and bring them back into the game.  The Medic would have 3 guards that would deflect balls, and could never get out.  The game would end when someone hit the medic.

eek.gif
i wanna play that now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tommy Wong

will always hate "that kid" that just stands in the corner the whole game doing nothing and ends up being the last one in, and cant catch a ball
This!  

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Throw 1 ball high in the air... once that person goes for the catch... you throw another ball right at their face.
pimp.gif

this 

dodgeball was the main reason fridays were so 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
in school

laugh.gif
 we played medic but we called it star wars and the medic was actually Darth Vader
and Torpedo was called greek dodge ball around my way

good time
pimp.gif
frown.gif

Whenever I play dodgeball back in gradeschool up through high school, I always purposely try to kill people with the dodgeball. srs... to mention that I was a quarterback and have a heck of an arm.

I remembering pegging this girl in the face one time in PE that she started crying and I was busting my @!# off laughing. Good times. Felt bad afterward though

We called that first one Sharks & Fishes.
laugh.gif

We called that second one Freeze Tag.
roll.gif

i always used to do that jumping split to dodge the low ones. it sucked when it wasnt as low as u anticipated and it hit u right in the goods.

Originally Posted by abutta13

i always used to do that jumping split to dodge the low ones. it sucked when it wasnt as low as u anticipated and it hit u right in the goods.

tryina be fancy & get pegged in the balls
roll.gif

It was always comedy when a person would try to argue that they didn't get hit, look at the teacher to plead their case, and then turn around and take a shot to the head.....lol. It was no more arguing your stance after that.....lol.

we didn't play with large rubber balls, but with those fluffy balls in the first vids.....

Sooo many memories. I wasn't the hardest thrower so my technique was no look throws. My whole body would be aiming and staring at one side, then when i threw it i quickly changed directions and threw it the other side.

One of my friends couldn't throw hard at all, but he made up for it by having this weird changeup ball. It appeared to come fast, but then it would slow down and drop. I usually try to catch it, but I anticipate it to come faster, when instead it arrives much slower...so it bounces off your hands
laugh.gif

also, gettin hit in the face is NO JOKE.

Yes, and i HATED that game...real talk. Got me mad paranoid. For our school, you were able to throw from the side, NOT just the back. SO you had fools throwing from all directions fam. AND you had dudes that would purposely get hit to throw form the side 
30t6p3b.gif

I got hit in the face right in the middle of the court because I was trying to get away from the people on the side.....I still have nightmares to this day.

Our schools tight end ended being recruited to play at oregon, dude couldnt catch dodgeballs for *%#@. Hit him right in the hands and hed drop it.
30t6p3b.gif
. Best part of playing was throwing at someone who got to come back in cause their teammate caught one. I'd always aim for those kids.

Back
Top Bottom