The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

copped and worn on site if they retro:wow:

I hope they don't retro the Son Of Glove line. Not worth it, IMO.

I am the only one fearful that Nike will ruin them with terrible quality and corner cutting like they do with most retros?

I hope they get the shape correct considering they were spot on in 06 with the PE. So, we know they're capable of it. Execution is another thing. Luckily for us, its hard to mess up black and white. Any other CW is a bonus.

I think offering a cheaper SOG option without monkey paw and Zoom alongside the 98s on NIke ID would be a cool idea.

IMO 98s are awesome for indoor ball but the SOGs were better for outdoor ball because they have much more durable soles. Flight 98s soles wear out extremely FAST on blacktop.

I hope they get the shape correct considering they were spot on in 06 with the PE. So, we know they're capable of it. Execution is another thing. Luckily for us, its hard to mess up black and white. Any other CW is a bonus.

U said everything that I've been thinking.

The only thing tht gives me hope, is that we haven't seen any of those SOG pics. I hated them.

As far as the shape, again early photos give me hope that everything will be on point

^ "retro plus" c/w = South Beach... you know it! 
tongue.gif

I'm actually a bit surprised to see so much love for the Son Of Glove's.  I didn't like them back in the day cuz I thought they looked/felt cheap (they were a take-down model, after all)... plus I never liked the "script" Nike logo.

How would OG-heads feel if, for the white pair retro, Nike used white-spandex for the "glove" instead of the pleather (or whatever it's called)? 

I personally never liked the stiff-look of the white-glove material.  Always preferred the fitted look of the spandex on the black pairs. 

Last edited:
tongue.gif

I'm actually a bit surprised to see so much love for the Son Of Glove's.  I didn't like them back in the day cuz I thought they looked/felt cheap (they were a take-down model, after all)... plus I never liked the "script" Nike logo.

How would OG-heads feel if, for the white pair retro, Nike used white-spandex for the "glove" instead of the pleather (or whatever it's called)? 
I personally never liked the stiff-look of the white-glove material.  Always preferred the fitted look of the spandex on the black pairs. 

Man...stop putting that out there!!! You know they're watching!!! :lol:

The white pair does have some stretch to it as well, but I get what you're saying. White Spandex/Lycra could be good AND bad. Think of if you spill something on that... :x

You're the man, do a quick PS!!

Last edited:
I could care less about a South Beach colorway in pretty much anything these days. I'm hoping for some kind of crazy Yellow/Green Sonics cw.

tongue.gif

I don't think the white spandex is a good idea.. I'd imagine it'd be tough to clean

^ That's true... cleaning would be the biggest issue, which was why they went with that material initially. 
Man...stop putting that out there!!! You know they're watching!!!
laugh.gif

The white pair does have some stretch to it as well, but I get what you're saying. White Spandex/Lycra could be good AND bad. Think of if you spill something on that...
sick.gif

You're the man, do a quick PS!!
What PS did you have in mind?

Sonics maybe? Nah.

Last edited:
Nice sinner!

Could def see them using the Yellow (almost volt) color base and a green swoosh.

Not a big fan of yellow an green but I do really like the they they've been using the volt cw

^ That's true... cleaning would be the biggest issue, which was why they went with that material initially. 

Sonics maybe? Nah.
This would be so hot with a yellow inner bootie and maybe green laces

Sonics maybe? Nah.

With a black toe piece & some black maybe on the midsole, DEFINITELY could see those in a HOF release.
I'm trying to stay away from this thread until summer but I can't help it sometimes. I need to stay away from retro in general

SinnerP, can you PS this colorway on the gloves?

Black shroud
Volt toe rand
Volt swoosh with red accent
Black midsole at the heel
Volt midsole from midfoot and forward
Volt, Red, or Black heel swoosh

900x900px-LL-6fe25e6c_zoom-gp.jpeg

Last edited:
^ Taking my PS abilities to the limit! 
laugh.gif

This is VERY rough, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
SinnerP, can you PS this colorway on the gloves?

Black shroud
Volt toe rand
Volt swoosh with red accent
Black midsole at the heel
Volt midsole from midfoot and forward
Volt, Red, or Black heel swoosh

900x900px-LL-6fe25e6c_zoom-gp.jpeg

I want these back! Best GP ever!

Just need a black pair and I'm sweet. I remember breaking mad necks in high school with these. The design and style was so futuristic and clean. Many Nike shoes are so ahead of its time they can still sell them over 10 years later. Will be interesting to see how they execute the drop for these. Before this thread I thought I was the only one who wanted these again but I think there is a large throwback market for these .

are you kidding me that red colorway in that pic is gold imo

Just give me the black/white pair first then they can do whatever they want to do with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom