The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Really looking forward to the release! I am glad that the release is in October, so I still have time to save! The sneaker releases this year have been very expensive!

1st off.... NCTWIN, Thank you very very much!! I def appreciate all of your pics, heck you could take 25 more pics and post them all and we'd all be thankful!! haha

On the OG Black pair (I only owned the whites), I never realized the Sole was white and not an all black. At first I was a little bummed cuz I drag my heels and its the worst part to clean IE Playoff Jordan 12's.

Does anyone remember taking the laces off and putting them back on? It was the worst thing ever!! I would literally have to dedicate an hour per shoe to put them back on!! LOL!!! If you're wondering why I would ever take off my laces, when I was in Jr High, playin outdoors, you'd get dirt in the shoe and the mesh would get dirty. I would pull the laces out and clean the mesh. but now as an adult, won't have to worry about that now!!

Oh and one other thing. I thought the Whites were releasing in April, why would there be photos of the Black pair? Maybe they've been Flip Flopped?

1st off.... NCTWIN, Thank you very very much!! I def appreciate all of your pics, heck you could take 25 more pics and post them all and we'd all be thankful!! haha

On the OG Black pair (I only owned the whites), I never realized the Sole was white and not an all black. At first I was a little bummed cuz I drag my heels and its the worst part to clean IE Playoff Jordan 12's.

Does anyone remember taking the laces off and putting them back on? It was the worst thing ever!! I would literally have to dedicate an hour per shoe to put them back on!! LOL!!! If you're wondering why I would ever take off my laces, when I was in Jr High, playin outdoors, you'd get dirt in the shoe and the mesh would get dirty. I would pull the laces out and clean the mesh. but now as an adult, won't have to worry about that now!!

I had the black/crimsons back in the day and taking and putting the laces back on was the most annoying thing ever!!! haha

Does anyone here know the retail price for these shoes this time around? I called Niketoen.com to see if the style number woudl pop up, but they told me that they don't have the information yet..smh. Back in 1998, they retailed for $110, so I hope the price could stay around that point..

Does anyone here know the retail price for these shoes this time around? I called Niketoen.com to see if the style number woudl pop up, but they told me that they don't have the information yet..smh. Back in 1998, they retailed for $110, so I hope the price could stay around that point..
knowing nike they will be like $160 or some bs...

These are the ONLY shoes I want this year... I havent bought anything from nike/jb in 2 years and I swear if these are limited Im done with nike for good.

Last edited:
New pics look good, I'm stoked never had a chance to own these but I did have the SOG so they will be had.

You're not going get any info from nike. Their customer service department is either stonewalling or incompetent.  I've asked them numerous about shoes 2-3 weeks before release. They had no idea the shoe even releasing!

If nike makes this a hypebeast special, they can get bent. they're not getting my money anymore if I can't get these

I do not think Nike will hypebeast them, the Penny and Jordan releases are a lot different than Gary Payton, plus the shoe design is not so flashy, I would say rather conservative!

They better flood Seattle with these so I dont have to go on a scavenger hunt for them

They better flood Seattle with these so I dont have to go on a scavenger hunt for them

Think about the Suns foams > no pairs were sent to Phoenix, but of course I hope that this will not be the case in Seatlle!

Man these kicks are looking soooooo sexy! I can't wait I'm getting two pairs, I've been wanting these since I saw them back in 98! Preciate all the pics man ya'll just made my 18 hour shift seem not so bad at work
happy.gif

If they stay @ 110 they be GONE cuz that price point is attractive as **** in 2013

Kinda like how da shawn kemps smoked for 100.

theres always one nike retro i get excited for each year this years its these... love gary payton... love the gloves, but i gotta admit i love the gp lo's the most but still pumped for these.

Doesn't the "Y355" on the sample tag hold a reference to price? Correct me if I"m mistaken.
(I have a feeling I'm confusing this with something else though.)

These will be $160-170.......which sucks.

Last edited:
Sample pics look good, take me back to the days of Sports Authority bargain rack pickups.    

Sample pics look good, take me back to the days of Sports Authority bargain rack pickups.    
Truth. Sports Authority's idea of BLOWOUT sale these days is $80 for a $100 msrp shoe smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom