The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

It never occurred to me how similar certain aspects of this shoe are with the flightposite Is. I never owned the OG of these so I was kinda clueless.
these sneaker are a DIRECT predecessor of da flightposite I

ill start with these because i can't find pics of da original zoom flights...these are obviously zoom flight 95'

nike-air-zoom-flight-96-1.jpg

zoom flight 96'

jason-kidd-nike-zoom-flight-5-b-l.jpg

zoom flight V aka zoom flight 97

nike-zoom-flight-98-the-glove-2013-retro-16-570x364.jpg

zoom flight 98 da glove

silver-nike-flightposite-retro-confirmed-1.JPG

then da series branches off into its own flightposites series after da I's

but maintained a zoom flight lineage continues with flagship flight nikes dropping every year...

2000-01-Air-HyperFlight.jpg

hyper flight in 2000

img_2105copy.jpg

zoom flight turbine (dropped in 2002)

040421_1_p.jpg

then it went to zoom flight 2k3

air-zoom-ultraflight.jpg

and zoom ultra flight

nike-basketball-1992-2012-nike-air-zoom-huarache-2k4-05.jpg

then da kobe zoom flight huarache 2k4

mKTtXCHNpk3QCmhax4urWFg.jpg

zoom flight huarache 2k5

then they went to a elite set up where one sneaker had 3 different tooling (shox, air max, zoom air)

and were team sneakers...they're ugly soo...

NI314183-010_thum1_120_1206_24277.jpg

zoom elite 2k6 in da zoom hurache set up..

Nike_Shox_Elite_TB.jpg

zoom elite 2k6 in da shox set up...

then they did da same thing in 2k7...then i stop caring entirely and i forgot da rest or stop paying attention..

m3rcCvle3nrz5LNnvqPARhg.jpg

:nthat:

Ninja knows

Anyone know the name of the shoe the Flight 2k3 was based on ?

It was a Jkidd shoe from 98/99 it has an upper almost identical to the 2k3 and shares the same 2.0 midsole with the SOG ? Ive been looking for a pair but I cant even remember what its called :lol: Id be hella grateful if someone can identify it for me

Flight clubs were slept on hard. I regret not scooping a couple of the colorways...

Flightclubs had alot of potential but 90% of the colorways released were terrible. The joints with the clear shroud :x :x

The white/navy and the white/black were the only 2 I really liked... everything else was meh to turrrible

Oh yeah.... and they fixed the piddly thin zipper that everyone always broke and replaced it with the standard locking swoosh zipper used on other Zippered shoes since 99 :lol:

and OGs had a black swoosh on the velcro tab/retros have a white swoosh
best change ever.

LL

No doubt..... Nike realized these were a problem pretty early on.

Early SOGs used the same thin zipper as the Flagship Gloves, but by late 98/early 99 the SOG had already switched over to the thicker variant.

I think there was a white/grey/neon green pair that was pretty nice. The POP pair was nice too... Just didn't like the logo.

Flight clubs were slept on hard. I regret not scooping a couple of the colorways...
i bought to da tony parker ones and i was straight after that, when i wear em now they always get attention cuz

most people who copped em didn't save em and played ball in em right away.

Thanks for dropping some knowledge Ninja

Seeing the lineage and appreciating the evolution like this is what makes collecting different from beasting

reps
:nthat:

Thread reminds me of the old nt
glasses.gif
cuz we're all da old ******
laugh.gif
look at all da join dates.

these are DEFINITELY a old head shoe..what starts to happen is we make a sneaker so hot that hypebeasts peep da wave and take it to absurd levels without even knowing

da history of da kicks and nike willing to exploit anything for a buck milks em out for da mainstream until they're dripped dry of any once of relevance from horrible retro+

colorways and bland releases...look at da foams, look at bo jacksons, look at air flight 89's....look at pippens.... its literally da diffusion of enthusiast to mainstream clueless

consumer.

only reason foams caught fire da way they did is da explosion of old head interest da crossover of da year 2009..

nike-flightposite-eggplant-02.jpg

+

nike-air-foamposite-royal-blue.jpg

=

foamposite-eggplant-purple-01.jpg

before ^^ hypebeasts were camped in nike SB for da gimmicks (and now they're in da Jordan brand section for gimmicks..belairs..pssh lol)

dont ever let anyone tell you enthusiasts dont move da needle it terms of whats popping or not cuz we're just a "minority"...da mainstream follows what da hardcore support.

as far as these paytons, these joints should've BEEN retroed...i thought they were dropping da minute i would see payton rock brand new pairs with da heat back in 2006.

72875308_display_image.jpg

2006-Nike-Air-Zoom-Flight-98TheGlovePE_azypy.jpg

I just noticed that I didn't take a pic of it, but on the OG, the insole is red with "Zoom Air" in black, where the retro is black with "Zoom Air" in red. The upper feels thicker than the OG as well.
thanks for doing that bro
nthat.gif
, i slept  on these in 98 but i wasnt missing out this time .i hope nike dont go crazy with the colorways ,white and blacks are next 

shout out to wil smith  for  making this an EASY COP 
laugh.gif

These are really easy to cop compared to all the madness across the boards (bel airs, Asics, new balances,...)

At least there's still some sacred ground left in the playing field

Edit: stumbled across a pile all in my size range 8-9.5 at a local spot last month.

Yes OGs :smokin

Last edited:
:pimp: remember those Air Max CB IIs

Wish Nike Basketball had more classic lookin shoes nowadays..they're so generic now..

Flightclubs had alot of potential but 90% of the colorways released were terrible. The joints with the clear shroud :x :x

The white/navy and the white/black were the only 2 I really liked... everything else was meh to turrrible
I had the caron butler hoh joints. I need to find them again, they were crack

Good looks NCtwin, Repped :nthat:

I also just noticed in addition to the swoosh color change the Velcro tab on the retros is nubuck whereas its a textured synthetic on the OGs

Im comparing mine to my white/green OGs, so I dont know if its different for the black/red OGs but the heel pulltabs seem much thinner on the retro. Not thin as in width, but the material has a flimsier texture.

How does the neoprene compare to the OGs? Im pretty impressed, but I dont have the OG to compare with.

I noticed the white/green retros cut a huge corner on their synthetic leather upper. The OG white/greens feature a reinforced synthetic upper; Its like they had a lining sewn directly under the synthetic, while the retro sample pics Ive seen have only a single exposed and nappy layer when you roll them down.

Edit: Just snapped some pics... heres the difference Im talking about

Retro:

OG:

The heel tab is much thinner than the OG. I wouldn't recommend pulling it too much.

I always liked the T-bugs... but I tend to like most Nikes with a Zipper.

Heres a close relative of the Glove that most people dont even know existed.... Nike Air Cover II... I have never even seen the Air Cover I but they must exist somewhere. If anyone has some pics or info Id love to hear what they know about them.

I copped these in 2000 at footaction... there was only one other colorway I know of (black/silver). I believe they were a FA Exclusive. Ive been hunting for another pair for years but never even seen a single trace of their existence.

Back
Top Bottom