The Hate Crime nobody cares about.

http://ideas.time.com/contributor/nina-burleigh/

U.S.
[h1]Where Are The Protests Against the Killing of Shaima Al Awadi?[/h1]
A muslim mother of four gets beaten to death in her California home and left with the message "Go back to your country, you terrorist." But there won't be a million hijab march for her.

Forty thousand Iraqis live  in El Cajon, California, where this week, Shaima Al Awadi, a devout Muslim mother of five, died after being beaten inside her home with a tire iron and left next to note reading “Go back to your country, you terrorist.

Horrible. Just horrible. SMH.

The person who murdered this innocent mother of 5 is the terrorist, not the other way around.

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Some of us do care, evidenced by the fact that this story has already been brought up in another thread, just fyi. 

If there is, sorry for the repost.

This is a serious issue considering this government has made Muslims into public enemy #1.

in El Cajon? smh I've been telling people that California is one of the least tolerant places I've ever been DESPITE the diversity

Originally Posted by solarius49

in El Cajon? smh I've been telling people that California is one of the least tolerant places I've ever been DESPITE the diversity

that is diversity tho. You have people of every race and culture in huge numbers. racists too.
for every person that appreciates how different and diverse it is out here you'll have somebody that doesn't accept different people.
Cali is such a big state I don't know why its a surprise that we have bigots and racists.
anyways this is so sad. An innocent woman is dead and her kids are left without a mother for no other reason than ignorance. This deserves as much attention if not more .

i made the thread on this a couple days ago. aka posted the link
and muslims are now public enemy no.1 just how black asians and hispanics were before. its just a cycle i guess a very very sad and disgusting cycle

its def not getting as much attention, and personally idk why the cops haven't deemed it a hate crime from the get go. beating a woman to death with a tire iron and calling her a terrorist seems like an obvi case of hate. the hate and discrimination against muslims is disgusting and it really shows who is holding back society.

the martin case gets the most attention simply because this country has a deep rooted racist/violent history against blacks, it involved a child being murdered, and the man who did it is free as a bird.

simple as that.

Originally Posted by rashi

This is a serious issue considering this government has made Muslims into public enemy #1.
I blame the racist idiots in our country not just the government. Honestly why cant we all just accept one another and not judge based on skin color or how much we make and be judged by our actions

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

I blame the racist idiots in our country not just the government. Honestly why cant we all just accept one another and not judge based on skin color or how much we make and be judged by our actions
Because this is the land of hypocrisy and bigots, starting from the very beginning. It's ingrained into america's dna.

most of the racism in SD county starts out in el cajon and goes on as you venture further into east county

Originally Posted by CJ863

Because this is the land of hypocrisy and bigots, starting from the very beginning. It's ingrained into america's dna.
see but thats the thing i know better than to think like that and judging by ur post u know better than to think like that and im sure millions of other people in this country know better so why are things like this Still happening in our country. Sometimes it seems like this country is destined for failure
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

real talk though, I've been in SD county since 09, and I've never felt more isolated

Originally Posted by RawSheed

most of the racism in SD county starts out in el cajon and goes on as you venture further into east county

Pretty much. I thought this would happen in Santee. El Cajon is just grimey.

This disgusted me more than the Trayvon Martin situation. I literally wanted to vomit when I heard this story.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

As stated this story is about a week old & was immediately mirrored w/the Trayvon Martin case..The difference is Trayvon's killer is known (celeb status) & Shaima's is/are still at large.

Yes the police are being rather sloppy especially since they're debating if it's a hate crime or not?? Seriously? I'm guessing that's the issue, cops trying to downplay the nature of this horrendous act..Either way I hope the scum are caught & never see the light of day again.

Back
Top Bottom