The highest you have jumped/fallen from w/o serious injury vol. nephew should've died

My nephew just turned 18, is a complete idiot. He had been back on the right track lately after his stint in various juve programs that they put you in basically in lieu of jail just waiting for you to become an adult so they can put you away for real. My mom finally got tired of his %$#% and made his mom (my sister) take care of him. He's a yr behind in school because of the Adventure Program (which by the way seems weird to me you take kids who are committing crimes and %$#% and send them into the mountains to go hunting, fishing, canoeing and do all these other basically fun things but whatever) and then he got put in a boys home.

Last week they were down in Houston for a funeral of one of my Aunts, and he stole a shirt from some store, was being chased by the store owner and mall security, and they said before he finally got tackled by mall security he was actually about to jump from the 2nd floor
laugh.gif
Most 2 story malls, that's like a 30 ft drop, onto hard tile too, not like jumping out a 2nd story window which is maybe 12 ft, even less if you go slow.

He's maybe 5'9 150, wouldn't he have died or gotten paralyzed, at best badly injured like broken both legs and few vertebrae in his back? Again, all over a damn shirt. They must have cornered him somewhere leaving that as his last resort, no way they ran him down 1 on 1, even in a crowded mall.

But what is the highest you guys personally, or know of including internet videos, have jumped or fallen from without injury?

CLIFFS

Nephew stole a shirt from a store and to evade mall security and the store owner was about to jump from the 2nd floor

Isn't that really high? I think he would have become a vegetable and thusly very easy to retrieve the shirt from upon landing if he didn't bleed onto it

How high have you or anyone jumped from?

I jumped feet first and landed off a gate onto grass that we climbed in the park to get into the hoop area. It was probably around 11ft high. I literally just jumped off, and then when I landed I gathered so much momentum that I was able to recoil myself back right up jumped again upon the landing. But this was back in 8th grade when I still had healthy knees.

Back when I used to like He Man I did the same, out a second story window onto some grass, landed and was limping but no hospital visit was required. I still wonder how he thought he was just going to make this jump (not the exact mall, just a pic for visual purposes) and keep running. And even furthermore where was he going to run to? He still would have had to reconnect with the fam from his hideout getaway to go to the hotel/airport/rest of the trip.

If I was mall security I would have probably let him jump honestly. For one, I'm making slightly over minimum wage, and you want to chase this jucking and jiving runningback teen? $%+% that. I'll call the real cops and leave it to them.

Mall.jpg

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

laugh.gif
dude must like parkor.

and he could have used the shirt as a parachute I guess. I'll call tomorrow and find out exactly what mall it was, what store, what shirt, and try to get pics.

Your tags reminded me of a local story a couple years ago..

A guy jumped out of a window on the 18th floor of one building, landed on top of the 4 story building next to it, didn't die, got up and jumped off of the 4 story building and died...

and to top it all off, his name was.....Jeronymo...

Article

Google.

Assuming he jumped feet on the rails and stepped off, would probably be what, 25-30ft? Keep in mind he's running from security so he doesn't have time to set up and like hang over and try to minimize the distance so I assume he would jump it the way you jump a hurdle or a waist high fence.

I used to backflip out of swings on the playground, and I fell out of a tree i was climbing once because the branch
broke under my foot. I didn't get hurt but I landed on my back and got the wind knocked out of me. Couldn't
breathe for a while.

The swings~ 9ft
Tree- 13-15ft?

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

I used to backflip out of swings on the playground, and I fell out of a tree i was climbing once because the branch
broke under my foot. I didn't get hurt but I landed on my back and got the wind knocked out of me. Couldn't
breathe for a while.

The swings~ 9ft
Tree- 13-15ft?

Yo, where is your avatar from?

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Where did you get the picture from? Really looks like a mall in El Salvador.

Yooooooo! When I saw the pic I was like "that spot looks eerily familiar". Think that's in San Salvador.

Brother jumped thru a window 3 stories up. Spent a week in the hospital but looks like he'll make just about a full recovery.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I slide off my friends garage roof. About 7 feet plus on my butt
laugh.gif

if you jumped off and landed on your butt though
laugh.gif

good night sweet spine

reminded me of this vid though OP

Originally Posted by WaitWut

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I slide off my friends garage roof. About 7 feet plus on my butt
laugh.gif

if you jumped off and landed on your butt though