The hook up

I agree with some of you guys the hunt is fun and all but..

Having connects > waiting in line
laugh.gif

I remember back in the day when the DMP's came out and i stayed in line for hoursssss and STILL didn't get them, thats the one and only time that has ever happened to me and it wasn't a good feeling.
30t6p3b.gif

Now a days with all the connects ive built i feel like i can get practically ANY release i want that comes out in a FL, Champs, Footaction, or House Of Hoops with little to no effort AND with a discount most of the time.. ill take that over "The Hunt" any day of the week
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I agree with some of you guys the hunt is fun and all but..

Having connects > waiting in line
laugh.gif

I remember back in the day when the DMP's came out and i stayed in line for hoursssss and STILL didn't get them, thats the one and only time that has ever happened to me and it wasn't a good feeling.
30t6p3b.gif

Now a days with all the connects ive built i feel like i can get practically ANY release i want that comes out in a FL, Champs, Footaction, or House Of Hoops with little to no effort AND with a discount most of the time.. ill take that over "The Hunt" any day of the week
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I dig 'dont camp just cop'...im too old wit too many responsibilities to camp out...i buy shoes year round to have to plug to pull the hyped up releases with ease

I dig 'dont camp just cop'...im too old wit too many responsibilities to camp out...i buy shoes year round to have to plug to pull the hyped up releases with ease

Def nt camping for anything...wait in line a couple hours? Yeah... most of my kicks have been copped through a reservation process... and I've only waited once this year for alts

Def nt camping for anything...wait in line a couple hours? Yeah... most of my kicks have been copped through a reservation process... and I've only waited once this year for alts

This is the maturity that happens with all of us. Do the work and find the spots that suit you and chill. Working at finishline last year put me on with a lot of connections all over houston to the point where I have pretty much HOH releases in the bag and only specialty releases (say pre-heat lebrons) are the ones I might have a little trouble with. I too remember those days of the DMP pack and say grape V release where I had to work and was assed out for a pair @ retail. Learned my lesson then....now I sleep and head to the mall @ 11am (after the stragglers realize all pairs are sold) and pick mine up no problem. I suppose it takes a little bit of the excitement away,,,but every pick up has this question asked before the visa comes out "Am I buying with eyes blinded by hype?" Spots used to be something that everyone holds close...you never tell your pick-up spots but nowadays your favorite spot probably has a blog...airing out all the info u tried to hide. The biggest advantage I've had in pickups for is Niketalk...you wouldn't believe the world this site opens up and connects that are happy to help you out with a mere mention of it offline..even inviting newbs to the NT has its perks as they remember that moment YOU elevated them to thorough status.  
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is the maturity that happens with all of us. Do the work and find the spots that suit you and chill. Working at finishline last year put me on with a lot of connections all over houston to the point where I have pretty much HOH releases in the bag and only specialty releases (say pre-heat lebrons) are the ones I might have a little trouble with. I too remember those days of the DMP pack and say grape V release where I had to work and was assed out for a pair @ retail. Learned my lesson then....now I sleep and head to the mall @ 11am (after the stragglers realize all pairs are sold) and pick mine up no problem. I suppose it takes a little bit of the excitement away,,,but every pick up has this question asked before the visa comes out "Am I buying with eyes blinded by hype?" Spots used to be something that everyone holds close...you never tell your pick-up spots but nowadays your favorite spot probably has a blog...airing out all the info u tried to hide. The biggest advantage I've had in pickups for is Niketalk...you wouldn't believe the world this site opens up and connects that are happy to help you out with a mere mention of it offline..even inviting newbs to the NT has its perks as they remember that moment YOU elevated them to thorough status.  
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i enjoy lines sometimes as well. ive never lined up outside though so i cant speak on that experience
but sometimes id rather have that connect. the people in these stores around here change so quick that its hard to
get one though.

i enjoy lines sometimes as well. ive never lined up outside though so i cant speak on that experience
but sometimes id rather have that connect. the people in these stores around here change so quick that its hard to
get one though.

I'm 25 now but I still enjoy camping out. This will be my third year in a row camping for the 11s. Most other shoes I just wake up and get or MAYBE get there a half hour before. I'll be there next christmas for the concords or whatever 11s are out. I plan to "retire" from the game next year though.

I'm 25 now but I still enjoy camping out. This will be my third year in a row camping for the 11s. Most other shoes I just wake up and get or MAYBE get there a half hour before. I'll be there next christmas for the concords or whatever 11s are out. I plan to "retire" from the game next year though.

Originally Posted by bence23

laugh.gif
good luck "retiring"
if i had a nickel
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bence23

laugh.gif
good luck "retiring"
if i had a nickel
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom