the infamous is better than illmatic

Originally Posted by MRMCFLY718

Nope...I could understand if u said "it was written" was better then illmatic.....but that's a different topic tho....
???

Illmatic > The Infamous > IWW

219cuuc.gif

Nope.

Funny that a thread like this would get made by someone notorious for spewing nonsense.

Infamous-The soundtrack to every frail dude's superthug dreams.......

^ "We're not against NT Music Forum. We're not against NT Music Forum members. But we are against those THUGS!"

The Infamous is one of my favorite albums of all time but Illmatic is better than it. Both are classic albums though.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

i agree, the infamous is in my top 3, illmatic is not.

What are the other 2 ? A+ execution on the gif
laugh.gif

I knew few people would I agree, even I woulda came in and stonefaced this thread a while ago, but you have to look at the entire package. The Infamous is morecomplete.

There is no album in hip-hop history better than Illmatic.

And if there is, there is no chance in bloody hell it is The Infamous.

You usually not even worth paying any attention to. But imma have to agree with you on this one."And if there is, there is no chance in bloodyhell it is The Infamous. " why not? Give me a reason. You're making it seem as if there is a bunch of albums better then the infamous. Ifthat's how you feel name some and state why you feel they are superior

its VERY close for me
what's better
temperature's rising vs. one love
I'm taking temps rising by a hair

Originally Posted by Wade187

You usually not even worth paying any attention to. But imma have to agree with you on this one."And if there is, there is no chance in bloody hell it is The Infamous. " why not? Give me a reason. You're making it seem as if there is a bunch of albums better then the infamous. If that's how you feel name some and state why you feel they are superior
In no particular order:

Ready to Die
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Capital Punishment
The War Report
Aquemini
It Takes a Nation of Millions...
36 Chambers
The Chronic
Doggystyle
By Any Means Necessary
Radio

...Were all better albums than The Infamous. If anything, the Infamous was essentially "Illmatic Lite." Everything Mobbattempted on the Infamous was perfected on Illmatic.

This is a pretty weak list, you can do much better...

Ready to Die No way in hell.
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Could have been a possibility, but it's a bit too unfocused and should have been shorter.
Capital Punishment NO. JUST STOP. I'm one of the biggest Pun fans on NT but this album is not even top 20. Doesn't do a good jobrepresenting Pun's skills.
The War Report Stop.
Aquemini Stop.
It Takes a Nation of Millions...
36 Chambers
The Chronic Are
Doggystyle You
By Any Means Necessary
Radio Serious ?

"...Were all better albums than The Infamous. If anything, the Infamous was essentially "Illmatic Lite."Everything Mobb attempted on the Infamous was perfected on Illmatic."

The ones I left out can be discussed but I still feel The Infamous tops them all. 36 chambers is my #3. Does it paint life in NYC like The Infamous ? Not evenclose. By All Means was spectacular, but not better than The Infamous. Not as balanced. Where are the street anthems ? To be honest it even gets boring attimes, and I love KRS-One. It Takes a Nation wins out on influence, and I won't be mad at someone holding it up that high, but I can't put it on andjust listen to it on repeat for huge stretches of time like I do with both The Infamous and Illmatic.

The Infamous was Illmatic Lite ? I hope that was a joke. Although not as lyrical, The Infamous takes us on a hyper-realistic journey to QB and NYC paintingpictures with the realism that even Illmatic could not accomplish. The consistent darker more gutter authentic feel of the album alone makes me enjoy it morethan the collection of great songs that is Illmatic. That's the thing with Illmatic... it's too loose and too short. It lacks a solid concept holdingit all together like The Infamous.

I mean, think of it this way. Illmatic was an all-star team of all the greatest NBA stars from different eras arranged to pick up and play with no experiencetogether, while The Infamous was a great team that had YEARS of experience, a top quality coach, a team of highly skilled trainers, and almost perfectchemistry; but they lack the raw talent the first team has. Nas had the raw talent, but P and Havoc, although not GOAT status rappers, had the big picture downperfectly. That's why I feel The Infamous is better.

I don't agree with this at all. I can see how a dude might favor it over Illmatic every year or so but this is outright opinion.

Illmatic is one of the if not THE best hip hop album of all time. At the most one song isn't a classic(OT4YM) I can't say the same for the Infamousalthough it is a classic.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I don't agree with this at all. I can see how a dude might favor it over Illmatic every year or so but this is outright opinion.

Illmatic is one of the if not THE best hip hop album of all time. At the most one song isn't a classic(OT4YM) I can't say the same for the Infamous although it is a classic.

I can cut The Infamous down to 8 or 9 fully classic tracks too.

That's the whole point though. Being so short and unfocused is what detracted from Illmatic.

Originally Posted by M16

Illmatic is one of the if not THE best hip hop album of all time. At the most one song isn't a classic(OT4YM) I can't say the same for the Infamous although it is a classic.

That's the whole point though. Being so short and unfocused is what detracted from Illmatic.
UNFOCUSED! What's ya definition of that word? Illmatic was a complete album. You can argue it was too short or it could've been longer butthat's neither here nor there imo and sure YOU could cut tracks off the Infamous and have 9 classics but they DIDN'T.

I'd take a 9 or 10 or 12 track classic album where every track is a classic over a 16 + track album where you got some decent/average songs, a throw awayor two and the rest are great or classic songs.

Originally Posted by M16

UNFOCUSED! What's ya definition of that word? Illmatic was a complete album. You can argue it was too short or it could've been longer but that's neither here nor there imo and sure YOU could cut tracks off theInfamous and have 9 classics but they DIDN'T.

I'd take a 9 or 10 or 12 track classic album where every track is a classic over a 16 + track album where you got some decent/average songs, a throw away or two and the rest are great or classic songs.

First off The Infamous was only 13 tracks (3 preludes). What do I mean by focused ? With the Infamous you had a big theme (life in QB/NYC in the 90's) andthen each track took a different angle on it. Every song contributed and flowed together perfectly. It maintained the dark grimey feeling throughout the wholealbum from start to finish. With Illmatic it was just a young Nas writing about whatever came to his mind. You had songs like NY State of Mind, Represent,Halftime The World is Yours; all terrific songs, but it doesn't fit together cohesively on the same album. It's kind of like a collection of ramblingsfrom a street genius compiled (each individually done well) vs a perfectly executed themed album that brings it all together. What was average on The Infamous? Only thing that was not completely on par with the rest of the album was "Start of Your Ending"; which was a decent laid back way of bringing inthe album and setting it off.

Back
Top Bottom