The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I hate the Cowboys with a passion but like Romo as much as I can, he's not even a Hall of Famer due to lack of playoff success IMO
Mostly no fault of his own IMO.

Between drunk Jerry and Wade Phillips, he never stood a chance.

I bet that made perfect sense to you when you clicked the "submit" button
laugh.gif
What doesn't make sense to you?

Quote:

Mostly no fault of his own IMO.

Between drunk Jerry and Wade Phillips, he never stood a chance.

I can't argue there, Jerry trading for Roy Williams was a classic Jerry move

I also think McNabb will get in the hall regardless if I think he should be

If we're making room in the hall for guys like McNabb, then Rivers/Romo are absolute locks.

Makes for an interesting debate. Especially if you lump in Eli. But he's got rings.

Im a Cowboys fan and love Romo. Dude is appreciated after all those years we went looking for a decent QB after Aikman but he's always been in that 5 - 10 QB range in the l.
Getting rid of parcells was a huge mistake and detriment to Romos career as far as a winning stand point.

I don't think Romo is a hof either. Hall of very good. Romo is better then Aikman but rings and wins matter to voters.
I don't think McNabb belongs in the hof either. He's another hall of very good.

Last edited:
Im a Cowboys fan and love Romo. Dude is appreciated after all those years we went looking for a decent QB after Aikman but he's always been in that 5 - 10 QB range in the l.
Getting rid of parcells was a huge mistake and detriment to Romos career as far as a winning stand point.

I don't think Romo is a hof either. Hall of very good.
This!

Here's a good question for y'all (and no one get butthurt over the responses):

What's more important: peak or longevity? Would you take a player that had numerous MVP-level seasons and won a ring or two over someone who played sixteen seasons at a high level but never had success with awards/the postseason?

The Hall seems to want a combination of both.

Which is why peak guys like Eli and longevity guys like Rivers are considered fringe candidates.

Kurt was a peak guy and is having trouble getting in. I think his story (bagging groceries/arena football) gives him an extra push

Last edited:
The romo tier

Matt Ryan
Andy Dalton
Matt Stafford
Jay Cutler

So what tier is Eli in? :rofl:

Cause rivers and romo >>>>> Eli when it comes to qb play...

Not team accomplishments where a phenomenal d-line gets overlooked for their heavy lifting during two sb runs...just plain one on one...player vs player, Eli is behind in every qb statstitic that matters...

Last edited:
Here's a good question for y'all (and no one get butthurt over the responses):

What's more important: peak or longevity? Would you take a player that had numerous MVP-level seasons and won a ring or two over someone who played sixteen seasons at a high level but never had success with awards/the postseason?

Great question...TO checks both boxes and still is getting shafted...imagine that...

Eli has two rings against the best coach and QB of all time

That puts him above anyone in that tier

TO is getting shafted because people hold a grudge which isn't fair but it's reality

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom