The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@StillIn729 You watched the finale without following the series? Or someone told you? Shame.
mean.gif

IMO out of all the series I've completed, BB is the only one that progressively got better each season. So 5 > 4 > 3, and so on. Then it culminates in one of the GOAT TV series finale 2 part episodes.

I questioned it at first, but the more I watched...the more I realized it was worth the hype.

Breaking Bad >>>
i'm on the anti-breaking bad train. all aboard....
For the record, I didn't mean BB is bad. I meant that I haven't watched it. One day maybe
Boo this man. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Last edited:
For the record, I didn't mean BB is bad. I meant that I haven't watched it. One day maybe

The show is a clinic. An absolute how to on creating a world, developing a story, multiple layered characters, shifting dynamics and views on good and evil, actors/actresses performing so brilliantly it blurred lines between who they actually were with people.

It was a MASTERPIECE. Colleges will teach classes about this show someday. To say "it's ok" is people that watched with half an attention span and judged it harshly to be that guy.

Writing, directing, performing, foreshadowing, connectivity, every single level of that show was A+ level art.

It was AGONIZING waiting week after week for the next episode. Episodes/storylines that left you breathless bouncing around your living room like Ali dying to see what was next only to have the next scene begging them to stop, you couldn't take it anymore.

True story, not a joke right here, 3rd to final episode, THEE episode in the series had me absolutely in my feels, torturing me, as it ends, my wife and daughter come running downstairs, there's a fire down the street. Sure enough, I open the door, ash blowing all over the block, I grab my shoes, could be kids over there, or elderly, whatever, I run out the door to go help, as I leave my driveway running, all I can think in my head.......don't die, only 2 episodes left, don't die.....

Not joking. That **** was in my head. :lol:

I was over the ex's spot and they were watching it, big fans of it

GOT was the same for me, if I was there on Sunday's I'd watch with them

The show is a clinic. An absolute how to on creating a world, developing a story, multiple layered characters, shifting dynamics and views on good and evil, actors/actresses performing so brilliantly it blurred lines between who they actually were with people.

It was a MASTERPIECE. Colleges will teach classes about this show someday. To say "it's ok" is people that watched with half an attention span and judged it harshly to be that guy.

Writing, directing, performing, foreshadowing, connectivity, every single level of that show was A+ level art.

It was AGONIZING waiting week after week for the next episode. Episodes/storylines that left you breathless bouncing around your living room like Ali dying to see what was next only to have the next scene begging them to stop, you couldn't take it anymore.

True story, not a joke right here, 3rd to final episode, THEE episode in the series had me absolutely in my feels, torturing me, as it ends, my wife and daughter come running downstairs, there's a fire down the street. Sure enough, I open the door, ash blowing all over the block, I grab my shoes, could be kids over there, or elderly, whatever, I run out the door to go help, as I leave my driveway running, all I can think in my head.......don't die, only 2 episodes left, don't die.....

Not joking. That **** was in my head. :lol:

Should've just saved that for IMDb. Nobody here gives a damn. :lol:

Last edited:
Hahahaha Hahahaha i recommend you start mr. robot. its live now. you get more out a show when watching it as it runs vs binging. you wont be let down. some great tv man.

I'll be in my feels if Rick Grimes died on TWD. Still a possibility depending on where the comic goes. My favorite TV character ever. Watching the evolution going from "we don't kill the living" to killing the living by stabbing them in the temple as they sleep. Savage.

View media item 2131256

First, DSA (an alleged Boston native) admits that he just recently watched Good Will Hunting for the first time.

Now he's trying to start a Breaking Bad slander bus even though he's never watched it before?

View media item 2131271

Last edited:
Tyrod got finessed by Bufaalo with that extremely team friendly contract.

@StillIn729 Ahhh ok, that makes sense. I did the same thing with Power. At least you ain't one of those bums that jumps on shows during a season finale or somethin' and works his way backwards. Or knows all the spoilers beforehand because they read up or asked for it.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

It was AGONIZING waiting week after week for the next episode.
I REFUSE to let any show do this to me, man.
laugh.gif
It does suck not being up to date with the world, but all the shows I watch with my people, we generally watch completed seasons that aired on TV. So we NEVER catch up to viewing it week to week. We'll go for shows that are 100% finished, or a current show that's airing and stay 1 or 2 seasons behind on purpose. 

I get that we miss out on certain **** with the speculation and all that stuff that goes on during the week. All this **** these days are too damn good with the cliffhangers though. 
mean.gif
I can't take being led on and teased...only to have to wait damn near a year for a resolution.

We just finished up the last season of 24 a couple days ago. Over the years we've also ran though:

Lost, The Wire, Oz, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, SOA, Dexter, and Heroes (only time we made an exception and caught up live...which was a mistake
laugh.gif
).

Currently behind on TWD and Daredevil. And we're letting GoT chill for a little bit more before we dive into that...

Looking to get started on a new show though. 
nerd.gif
Trying to decide on Fargo, True Detective, Better Call Saul (it's looking like it might win), House of Cards, Boardwalk Empire, or Entourage.
Should've just saved that for IMDb. Nobody here gives a damn.
Speak for yourself. I rock with the post, CP.
smokin.gif

All that **** I typed up probably belongs on IMDb too, but meh. It's Friday.

Last edited:
Looking to get started on a new show though. :nerd: Trying to decide on Fargo, True Detective, Better Call Saul (it's looking like it might win), House of Cards, Boardwalk Empire, or Entourage.

Start with 1st season of True Detective. That's wayyy up there as the best single season of any show ever. Just 10 episodes, and it's too good not to just easily knock it out in less than a week before anything else. You can mess with the 2nd season later. Different story not as good.

Then i'd watch Entourage. Up there with The Office as the most enjoyable show ever. Super easy to watch and doesnt feel like a chore.

Im probably gonna end up waiting for Netflix to start gathering seasons of Better Call Saul but ive heard nothing but great things which is awesome :smokin

Last edited:
Saul is beautiful. It really is, def get in that.

Low-key one of the best, if not the the best, shows on television right now. Kind of the like the Wire in the sense that people don't appreciate it for what it is right now.

Looking to get started on a new show though. :nerd: Trying to decide on Fargo, True Detective, Better Call Saul (it's looking like it might win), House of Cards, Boardwalk Empire, or Entourage.

Start with 1st season of True Detective. That's wayyy up there as the best single season of any show ever. Just 10 episodes, and it's too good not to just easily knock it out in less than a week before anything else. You can mess with the 2nd season later. Different story not as good.

First season was a masterpiece. Second season was basura.

Last edited:
Never saw Fargo 1, I saw Fargo 2 and it was great.

Boardwalk Empire was good but got worse every season. I couldn't finish.

Entourage is a comedy. One of my favorites, I watch it all the time.

House of Cards is real good.

I forgot to add Mr. Robot to the list of shows we'll eventually get to. Heard nothing but great things too. Might let that one simmer for a bit though since it's only 2 seasons in.

I appreciate any and all suggestions, I'm definitely taking everything under consideration. Like I said, Saul is the leader in the clubhouse right now, but that could change depending on feedback and what we're feeling for genre or type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom