The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're entering the first year where it's really without a doubt Russ' team. No Lynch and while the defense is still one of the best they've taken a step back I think its safe to say? He's entering a different stage of his development and will be required to do more. His past numbers and being a game manager were valid criticisms at the time but the eye test has always told me during that time he looked too good not to get better. The skill set and intangibles have always been there imo. Sounds silly but the general vibe i've gotten from him this past off-season just has me feeling he's primed to go off. And yeah, especially given how he finished last year.

I also kinda believe there's a direct correlation between the more jokes that get thrown at Russ' the better he does lol

but we'll see. interesting year for him.

Agree with everything you wrote except the part about the defense. They ended last year leading the league in DVOA, #2 overall, #2 passing, and #1 rushing -- and that's considered down for these dudes. Kam holding out a few games then proceeding to have the worst year of his career didn't help things. Seattle won't be 2013 good (which is fine considering that's probably the best defense I've ever seen) but they're still the best defense in the L.

If Russ plays even 80% as well as he did to end last season the Hawks won't lose more than 4 games this year.

This hurt to type.

Petty didn't look all that bad last night. I think it would be foolish to release him. But we know Geno isn't getting cut and neither is Hack; they aren't letting a 2nd round pick go to waste like that.

Last edited:
Petty didn't look all that bad last night. I think it would be foolish to release him. But we know Geno isn't getting cut and neither is Hack; they aren't letting a 2nd round pick go to waste like that.

That hackenburg pick was just dreadfully bad.
Even If he's your guy for the future it's gonna take him two-3 years to see the field. By that time BMarsh will be Older than Old and decker on his last legs.
If the jets are smart they should just try and get a 7th rounder for Geno right now. No way he's back with them next season
NFL has a bunch of bad qbs but teams such as philly, Rams and jets really aren't helping their own selves to get out of this cycle of bad QBing

Agree with everything you wrote except the part about the defense. They ended last year leading the league in DVOA, #2 overall, #2 passing, and #1 rushing -- and that's considered down for these dudes. Kam holding out a few games then proceeding to have the worst year of his career didn't help things. Seattle won't be 2013 good (which is fine considering that's probably the best defense I've ever seen) but they're still the best defense in the L.

If Russ plays even 80% as well as he did to end last season the Hawks won't lose more than 4 games this year.

This hurt to type.

it's interesting.. national media has the hawks on the downslope. local media, beat writers, and PCJS all saying this is the best team since 2013. Defense will be better than last year just because we won't be starting cary williams for half a season + the development of frank clark.

but it all comes down to the o-line.. no idea what to expect there

man y'all (NT and the real world) have hyped up BB so much that there is no way it lives up to expectations. even if all that **** CP said is true, the show better suck and **** me for how y'all talk about it. and i know it won't. not going to pour 6 seasons worth of time into it at this point. i'll just take y'all's word. my loss, blah blah :lol:

as far as Russ...he proved a lot of people wrong with his play down the stretch. and maybe not so much proved people wrong, but delivered what his critics had been asking him to do all along. excited to see what he does this year.

Last edited:
god damn it's hot as hell out here in Philly, I felt like I was going to die running

time to settle in for some NFL, solid brews and AC

Nice :smokin

San Diego is a great city man you'll like it

no doubt about it, I can't wait to grab a surfboard and actually be able to do it 365

Eagles games at 10am will be great too

Man it is odd at first with the early starts but it really is the best. SNF and MNF are done by 8ish :lol:

this is the best. watching football (and sports in general) on the west coast is great. last game ends and still have time to chill out, grab dinner if needed, etc.

Last edited:

Cpsr-YfXYAAErms.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom