The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was reading some Twitter comments and it's just dumb and vile. The 2 I'm coming across the most are

1. "You're able to make a living thanks to this country". As if collecting a paycheck negates a person from airing grievances

2. "If you don't like it you can leave". Yea I'm sure they'd love that

'Twitter fingers' is a real thing. People type to type without really putting much thought into their comments.

When keeping it real goes wrong.

This dude is fighting for his NFL career right now with Blaine ******* Gabbert and he feels like now is the time to be on national TV protesting his country's flag?

thank you

all the sudden this matters to him, why didn't it matter when he was the talk of the league? this all started once his star power faded about a year ago which is a little too ironic to me

I am not buying it from Kaep, his IG and Twitter used to be filled with attending high profile events/parties, cars, living the life, etc. and all the sudden it changes

to me this just makes you appreciate true visionaries like Ali even more

We can't honor someone like Muhammad Ali for his activism and then tear down contemporary athletes for making the same choices he would.

You don't have to agree with Kaep to support his civic right to speak his mind. I'm with him on this and I still stand for the flag, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with him not standing. Asking our athletes to be mute over social issues only demonstrates our own intolerance.

all the sudden this matters to him, why didn't it matter when he was the talk of the league? this all started once his star power faded about a year ago which is a little too ironic to me

I am not buying it from Kaep, his IG and Twitter used to be filled with attending high profile events/parties, cars, living the life, etc. and all the sudden it changes

to me this just makes you appreciate true visionaries like Ali even more

What I wanna know is what would he have to gain from faking the funk as presumed? Being in this league,he only has everything to lose :lol:

Kaep was the "talk of the league" 3 years ago to put things in perspective. That's an eternity in that profession and the media

as far as i see it, it's great that's he standing up for this and not backing down. but it is funny/ironic/whatever that he's doing it while his game happens to be in the dumpster. and that's not really fair to say...but it is what it is. no one is talking about his play, but they're talking about him taking a stand.

either way, what he's doing is a good thing

What I wanna know is what would he have to gain from faking the funk as presumed? Being in this league,he only has everything to lose :lol:

he's barely hanging on to being in the league, he has nothing to lose

the league looks extremely bad if he is cut now, it's almost like you can't at this point, I just don't buy it

why not support this when you were one of the biggest names in the NFL?
Kaep was the "talk of the league" 3 years ago to put things in perspective. That's an eternity in that profession and the media

nah he was still a huge name until the 2014 season happened and last year was just a train wreck for him and the 49ers

I just don't buy this is truly genuine on his end

Last edited:
I'm also suspicious of how genuine he's being but on the flip side this country wasn't in the same place as it is now when Kap was at his peak. The ball is really moving right now when it comes to people speaking out.

Again im torn.

Last edited:
Folks change over time. If it was as easy to speak out as some of you are making it,why is that folks rarely ever do it? Dude is risking whatever opportunity he has left in the league to put a spotlight on a meaningful issue.

lolrusskaepw8x1n.png

I hate the internet

Cam disappointed me with his shuck and jive statements in GQ when the topic was approached.

He gonna act like he missed the whole racial narrative leading into the SB and after? Really?

Aight man.
Cam has entered the Kobe lane with me. I got nothing but love for them on the court but they are straight clowns off of it. My thoughts with Kobe has chilled the older he got bc he really started to speak his mind. I feel like cam started off this way but now has been converted to the PC lane.

Folks change over time. If it was as easy to speak out as some of you are making it,why is that folks rarely ever do it? Dude is risking whatever opportunity he has left in the league to put a spotlight on a meaningful issue.

I get sitting for the anthem is something that isn't the norm and bold but people still have a voice through social media and nothing until he hit rock bottom last year

Last edited:

Exactly regardless of his motives, its not like the issues he is speaking on arent real and very apparent

That should be the main focus in all of this

Everytime there's a Russell Wilson joke like that does anyone else read in Dave Chapelles voice every time. Like because of Chapelle, im pretty sure that's the only voice you can read it in.

Last edited:
I'm also suspicious of how genuine he's being but on the flip side this country wasn't in the same place as it is now when Kap was at his peak. The ball is really moving right now when it comes to people speaking out.

Again im torn.
Exactly Kap's peak was what 2012-2014? In the last couple years we have had more attention brought on Law enforcement/ POC relations with groups like BLM and such. And then you toss in the Trump campaign and its easy for me to see why more people are taking a stand now.

hope Kap is doing more than just sitting for the anthem if this is something he's really all about

Last edited:
I love Cam Newton, but he will never be described as the most articulate player in the NFL.

I'm not sure if he puts deep thought into his public comments, but I DO know it's never carefully crafted. At least not in terms of possible ramifications of what he says. All of which is partly why he looks so contradictory right now.

Eventually I found it a little bizarre he became this symbol for greater things in the run up to the Superbowl. People went WAY too hard for him in that respect, almost to the point where some parallels used as comparisons to Cam weren't 'eem valid or genuine. People were reaching by the end of it. It is what it is though. He doesn't need to say anything for me to salute what he represents to a whole different crowd. The type of crowd that wrote those letters to the newspaper.

As far as this Kap topic...I see the thread pretty much in unison on this. I find it hard to believe that's really the case though. I doubt that very much.

I'm curious to see those with a different viewpoint speak up on how they really feel about his stance, but I don't know if that conversation ever takes place in here. Some people might find it uncomfortable to go there.

Last edited:
While I don't agree with Kap, he's well within his rights to do this as an American citizen. Really not that big of a deal, IMO. Bigger fish to fry out there than to get your jimmies rustled over Colin Kaepernick.

i don't think anyone is getting their jimmies rustled over it. it's just some people find it hard to accept that this is 100% genuine.

regardless of whether or not it's genuine or not, i think sitting for an anthem is the equivalent of a facebook status rant. it doesn't really accomplish anything at the end of the day. if you're really disturbed by what's going on, actually do something about it. no one is going to remember the fact that you remain seated during an anthem a week from now. it's just like the people that take to facebook after some incident happens and voice their dismay and grave concern, but then just go about living their lives. big ******* deal.

sorry, that sounds terrible

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom