The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2009, Cooter was charged with aggravated burglary after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing into the window of her apartment and stripping down to his underwear. The woman called the police, who arrested Cooter, and he was released on a $10,000 bond the next day

he's come a long way

@sallyjenx:
The #NFL's silence on soft footballs is damning. My column:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...038f753dc29_story.html?utm_term=.5f823786221a

Now, there are two things to take from this. The first is obvious. You don’t need a legion of scientists and lawyers to know what anyone with a car knows: Cold weather causes air pressure to drop in footballs, the same as it does in your tires. The only people who don’t know that are hermetically sealed in Park Avenue offices and only travel by soft shoe and NFL limo. If Steelers footballs were underinflated, the most likely explanation is not that someone deflated them by hand but that the game was played in temperatures in the low 40s, with a wind chill of 28. Just as natural deflation is the most likely explanation for what happened in the AFC title game, when the Patriots’ balls measured an average of 11.3 in wet, even colder weather.

The second point is less obvious: Somebody from the New York Giants stuck a needle into two footballs during a game last week to measure them. Which tells you that the NFL’s ball-security procedures are not being followed, even now.

But the NFL doesn’t want to get into that. If it admits it received info from the Giants about low PSI, then it has to admit that maybe weather affected the inflation of footballs in other games, too.

It has to admit that league officials lacked command of seventh-grade science and that Goodell raced to judgment. It has to admit that a few whiffs of PSI aren’t a game-altering factor, much less worth serious penalties. It has to admit that Goodell is not willing to pursue Art Rooney and Ben Roethlisberger over the air in a couple of footballs with the same energy.

It has to admit that Deflategate was not a fair process but just a ginned-up excuse to punish the Patriots in order to satisfy owner envy and internal politics. It has to admit that it has been covering up PSI data in order to save the last rags of Goodell’s shredded reputation. It has to admit that the NFL under this commissioner has zero credibility left

View media item 2259824

Last edited:
CzgD088VEAA3RDQ
But Danny Woodhead still plays for the New England Patriots. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We suck, yo.

But luckily the Cowboys lost and Jeff Fisher just got fired so we can escape the NT heat.

I mean, can you blame the man for making a mistake we could all make.. it's hard telling wes welker apart form woodhead.. sorry I meant edelman

or maybe he meant the new WR they just signed
nerd.gif

I can't fault him for that. You are right sir. 

Romo gonna have that Tom Brady-like career after taking over for Dak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom