The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romo gonna have that Tom Brady-like career after taking over for Dak.
is that even possible at 36?

wouldn't dak be the brady in this equation.. with romo being drew Bledsoe
nerd.gif

@sallyjenx:
The #NFL's silence on soft footballs is damning. My column:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...038f753dc29_story.html?utm_term=.5f823786221a

Now, there are two things to take from this. The first is obvious. You don’t need a legion of scientists and lawyers to know what anyone with a car knows: Cold weather causes air pressure to drop in footballs, the same as it does in your tires. The only people who don’t know that are hermetically sealed in Park Avenue offices and only travel by soft shoe and NFL limo. If Steelers footballs were underinflated, the most likely explanation is not that someone deflated them by hand but that the game was played in temperatures in the low 40s, with a wind chill of 28. Just as natural deflation is the most likely explanation for what happened in the AFC title game, when the Patriots’ balls measured an average of 11.3 in wet, even colder weather.

The second point is less obvious: Somebody from the New York Giants stuck a needle into two footballs during a game last week to measure them. Which tells you that the NFL’s ball-security procedures are not being followed, even now.

But the NFL doesn’t want to get into that. If it admits it received info from the Giants about low PSI, then it has to admit that maybe weather affected the inflation of footballs in other games, too.

It has to admit that league officials lacked command of seventh-grade science and that Goodell raced to judgment. It has to admit that a few whiffs of PSI aren’t a game-altering factor, much less worth serious penalties. It has to admit that Goodell is not willing to pursue Art Rooney and Ben Roethlisberger over the air in a couple of footballs with the same energy.

It has to admit that Deflategate was not a fair process but just a ginned-up excuse to punish the Patriots in order to satisfy owner envy and internal politics. It has to admit that it has been covering up PSI data in order to save the last rags of Goodell’s shredded reputation. It has to admit that the NFL under this commissioner has zero credibility left

View media item 2259824

quoted for all the sheep in this thread to see again

We suck, yo.

But luckily the Cowboys lost and Jeff Fisher just got fired so we can escape the NT heat.

It should be a bad week for Fish to get fired for you. They are going to come to Seattle inspired to play Thursday

Last edited:
Recap of excuses made against Rodgers yesterday plz

Receivers can't catch, receivers can't get seperation, Mike McCarthy sucks, Dom Capers is old, no running game

Oh wait that was two weeks ago

Cowboys lost last night so I guess the assessments we had about them 2 weeks ago were stupid too with this logic.

Practices are had, film is watched, game plans are made, improvements are made.

Some players like Adams progress.
Some players like Lacy regress.

It's life, it's football. Nothing stays the same every minute.

Romo gonna have that Tom Brady-like career after taking over for Dak.
I know this was meant as a joke but people act like they truly think this, when the Romo slander was at an all time high earlier this year.

If Dak has another bad game in Tampa Bay, sure reevaluate the situation. But we cant start flip flopping QB's this late in the year.

Lets say they went back to Romo for the rest of the season, and he loses every game. These same idiots would be screaming to go back to Dak...

Last edited:
It should be a bad week for Fish to get fired for you. They are going to come to Seattle inspired to play Thursday
They haven't even named an interim coach yet have they 
laugh.gif

Pretty sure we're going to destroy the Rams at home.  When we go on the road in the playoffs it could be a different story.

Recap of excuses made against Rodgers yesterday plz

Receivers can't catch, receivers can't get seperation, Mike McCarthy sucks, Dom Capers is old, no running game

Oh wait that was two weeks ago

Cowboys lost last night so I guess the assessments we had about them 2 weeks ago were stupid too with this logic.

It's life, it's football. Nothing stays the same every minute

riverskick.gif

It's life, it's football. Nothing stays the same every minute.

I probably had the epitome of the Lambeau experience yesterday. Drinking in someones yard all day a block away from the stadium where we parked. The people insist on we can use their bathroom inside whenever we need to, which was often on account of getting hammered. Walk in and there's an 80 year old grandma giving everyone hugs and offering food. Demands we don't take the time to remove our snow covered boots because there's rugs laid out all the way to the bathroom. I'm looking at Lambeau through her kitchen window with the snow falling and she say's in her grandma voice "Isn't this just a lovely day". Weird feeling being in a house that on the outside looks like it's worth 100 something thousand but is actually worth something I cant even imagine. **** I love that place.

Also talked to a good chunk of Hawks fans before and after the game. They were all exceptionally nice and fun people to be around. Still think the jerseys that are numbered 12 with the last name "fan" is lame as hell but we have people with cheese on their heads so whatever :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom