The issue of Athletic VS Lifestyle that plagues Nike. Vol who's to blame??

Revisionist History. There's SI stories from the early 90s that said most people werent' actually balling in their basketball shoes. Most of us here were just kids so we did everything in them...

"At least 80% of the athletic shoes sold in the U.S. are not used for their avowed purpose -- that is, playing sports." - S.I., 1990

Revisionist History. There's SI stories from the early 90s that said most people werent' actually balling in their basketball shoes. Most of us here were just kids so we did everything in them...

"At least 80% of the athletic shoes sold in the U.S. are not used for their avowed purpose -- that is, playing sports." - S.I., 1990

Originally Posted by bence23

Hmm this is an interesting note right there.

Hmm this is an interesting note right there.

And that was 1990. With way things are today, I can only imagine that number has grown greatly. 

And that was 1990. With way things are today, I can only imagine that number has grown greatly. 

At my high school not very many students wear the hyped Jordan releases and the ones that do end up beating the @*!# out of their shoes in less than a year. The reason for the "Lifestyle Era" is because of the middle-aged NTers who cop 3 pairs of the same shoe on release day and keep two pairs in the closet while wearing the other pair less than once a month.

At my high school not very many students wear the hyped Jordan releases and the ones that do end up beating the @*!# out of their shoes in less than a year. The reason for the "Lifestyle Era" is because of the middle-aged NTers who cop 3 pairs of the same shoe on release day and keep two pairs in the closet while wearing the other pair less than once a month.

Back
Top Bottom