The Jinx HBO miniseries Official Thread

Wow marathoned this with my gf today, and after episode 3 googled him because I was getting impatient and saw he was arrested this morning 
eek.gif

Went ahead and watched the last 3 episodes. Seems like he definitely did it. Dude was just convinced he could get away with anything. He couldn't help himself but do the interviews.

Just finished watching the last episode. All I can say is this is quite possibly the craziest story I've ever seen unfold right in front of me. Jarecki couldn't have asked for a better ending.

Apparently Jarecki and the rest of the crew didn't even know they had the bathroom recording until a few months ago. They didn't realize he'd been talking in the bathroom or that the mic picked anything up.

Apparently Jarecki and the rest of the crew didn't even know they had the bathroom recording until a few months ago. They didn't realize he'd been talking in the bathroom or that the mic picked anything up.

yeah I was wondering how does something like that goes unnoticed for two years?

Im not familiar with the whole editing process but Im assuming any audio picked up when they arent shooting film isnt really a priority to sift through.

Crazy all around

Damn, crazy crazy crazy story!!

What scared me tho is the way he was talking to himself in the bathroom, is exactly the way I talk to myself when Im alone. :smh:

A simple handwriting analysis :smh:
Sloppy *** police work

Jarecki though :pimp:

Honestly, you can't blame cops/police on this one... He's a billionaire... Money goes a long way... I'm positive his stuff was swept away by higher ups than just actually cops/detectives...

I'm with some others and not buyin the statement that they went nearly two years before they discovered they had extra audio. I suppose there could be a chance that happened, but when you consider these are professionals here plus Durst had already accidentally made major statements off-camera in the same way plus they saw Durst walk into the bathroom knowing he still had his mic on him.............you wonder how this could be that they never once checked the audio.

Regardless it is pretty obvious Durst wants to get caught to have some sort of finality to his actions. Getting away with murder and walking around scot free is one thing....but living with that every day, while having the entire world also looking at you sideways every day has to eventually get to you even if you don't have a conscience. While on the run a decade ago he walks into a store and steals a sandwich which led to his arrest....despite having tens of thousands of dollars in his car in the parking lot. He calls up Jarecki on his own, despite his lawyers telling him he needs to just disappear, and mugs for the cameras knowing a documentary will be made that brings up details again. And at the end of this series Durst is walking into the bathroom by himself and taking a leak and talking to himself. That was telling. That is not exactly normal human behavior. It was like he was having a conversation with his alter ego.

Dude is obviously all sorts of crazy and I enjoyed the series from start to finish regardless of the many questions I have.

^ Pretty much how I feel as I outlined a page ago.. no one who doesn't want to get caught does a documentary like this to clear the air.. esp. considering the substantial evidence there is on him already.

This guy is a rich serial killer... Point blank

I think he killed all those people honestly

Also its gonna hard to paint a guy diagnosed with aspergers as a cold blooded killer when one the symptoms of aspergers is lack of empathy , which contradicts writing a letter because they want the body to be discovered ....on top of the fact that ol girl was trying to blow the lid on the mob and they cant put durst at the scene nor do they have a weapon or real strong motive . all they can do is put him in the state .

What does the color of his skin have to do with it?  If he was Black or Mexican or Asian, he'd be every bit as much a savage killer for doing what he did.
That may be true, but lets be honest what skin color do most serial killers have in common?

Back
Top Bottom