The Jinx HBO miniseries Official Thread

I have no idea what this is about but I did a quick google search and dudes a killer and this is a mini documentary series? Gonna give it a watch based on yall posts

Chief Keef has aspergers and if he killed someone they would put his *** under the jail. (Assuming they don't jerk him first)

Also its gonna hard to paint a guy diagnosed with aspergers as a cold blooded killer when one the symptoms of aspergers is lack of empathy , which contradicts writing a letter because they want the body to be discovered ....on top of the fact that ol girl was trying to blow the lid on the mob and they cant put durst at the scene nor do they have a weapon or real strong motive . all they can do is put him in the state .
That letter is pretty strong evidence he was either A. involved in the murder or B. at the scene at some point after.

Last edited:

What does the color of his skin have to do with it?  If he was Black or Mexican or Asian, he'd be every bit as much a savage killer for doing what he did.
That may be true, but lets be honest what skin color do most serial killers have in common?
Careful. There are Black serial killers.

And we don't want to play the "what color are most [insert criminal]" game.

Maybe its the trees talking but i would knock the cobb webs off that District Attorney. Fake nose and all.

It's actually quite obvious how they packaged the story together, the different timelines and imagery, that's what makes it good.

more than anything this spotlights the power of money in this country. the foul play is just obvious. plenty people have been convicted for so much less. i cringe whenever the detective who covered the kathy case speaks. i wonder how much durst hit him off with.

I will say this, the director is a grade A dirtbag in how this was edited. A lot of inconsistencies are apparent and although i think Durst in guilty, the director did his best to make sure Durst looked terrible from the start.

What does the color of his skin have to do with it?  If he was Black or Mexican or Asian, he'd be every bit as much a savage killer for doing what he did.
That may be true, but lets be honest what skin color do most serial killers have in common?
The races of serial killers are in proportion to their percentage of the population in general.  The idea that serial killers are disproportionally white is completely untrue.

Last edited:
His upbringing, wealth, and race had much to do with him doing an interview, feeling untouchable.
The first two are likely contributing factors.  The third, not so much.  It wasn't because he was white, it was because he was rich...and nuts.

Prison might even be where he wants to end up. Dude was the man in there 
laugh.gif

Honestly, you can't blame cops/police on this one... He's a billionaire... Money goes a long way... I'm positive his stuff was swept away by higher ups than just actually cops/detectives...

Very true. Remember the private investigator Jalecki spoke with? He found out the Doorman never saw Mrs. Durst that night, and among other things. They fired him, or as he says it "mutually terminated". The cover up is there, the family knows he is looney and probably did everything he was accused of.

I'm with some others and not buyin the statement that they went nearly two years before they discovered they had extra audio. I suppose there could be a chance that happened, but when you consider these are professionals here plus Durst had already accidentally made major statements off-camera in the same way plus they saw Durst walk into the bathroom knowing he still had his mic on him.............you wonder how this could be that they never once checked the audio.

Regardless it is pretty obvious Durst wants to get caught to have some sort of finality to his actions. Getting away with murder and walking around scot free is one thing....but living with that every day, while having the entire world also looking at you sideways every day has to eventually get to you even if you don't have a conscience. While on the run a decade ago he walks into a store and steals a sandwich which led to his arrest....despite having tens of thousands of dollars in his car in the parking lot. He calls up Jarecki on his own, despite his lawyers telling him he needs to just disappear, and mugs for the cameras knowing a documentary will be made that brings up details again. And at the end of this series Durst is walking into the bathroom by himself and taking a leak and talking to himself. That was telling. That is not exactly normal human behavior. It was like he was having a conversation with his alter ego.

Dude is obviously all sorts of crazy and I enjoyed the series from start to finish regardless of the many questions I have.

I don't think he cares what others think about him, I feel like he just wants to see how far he can take ****. There was no reason for him to steal that sandwich. But typical of a person like him, he feels he can do whatever the hell he wants. Him doing interviews after his attorney told him not to shows that :smh:. He was warned about talking on a hot mic by his attorney before, yet he still does it. What I found strange was the way he referred to kathy durst as kathy durst. Not my wife, my ex wife, just kathy durst really strange. No emotion from this man at all.

Can anyone explain why he spells Beverly the way he does? When they showed the letter sent to the police about Susan's body I just assumed he did it to appear stupid and throw the cops off. But the letter he sent to Susan has the same misspelling.

she's 64.

and could get it today.

She can get it, she looks better now than she did back then. You she has been taking care of her stuff.

Wow, what a crazy story, that continues to get crazier.......

The most telling is that he killed 7 of his pet dogs. If you can kill a dog in cold blood , you can kill a person.
Who knows how many people he has killed, this is a sick ******.

Isn't that how they start? Killing pets and other little creatures.

Prison might even be where he wants to end up. Dude was the man in there :lol:

Word, lol. He feels at home in prison with the other murderers, psychopaths, and sociopaths

Last edited:
I couldn't find this show because I kept spelling jinx with a y. My kind is so filthy. :smh:

Gonna start it sometime this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom