The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Griffey Jr. always had the hottest shoes out for any sport outside of basketball. I just wish he never got hurt, he would be the all-time leader in homeruns byfar. The Griffey V's were hot too.

capt.3c7afb4fc3e04f3cb0b82262b0ffd980.goodbye_griffey_baseball_ny153.jpg

capt.076ca038b97c4a36803ed56e180e39f2.goodbye_griffey_baseball_ny154.jpg

Damn I love The Kid. I don't like him on the South Side, but he's still a baller. Now, if only I can find the OG diamond furies in white/black, my snoelife will be complete.

So, how many lifetime Home Runs got moved yesterday? Like 1100? Just incredible...

^^Why did that pre-game shot have to get cut off at the knee. I like see Trainers. LOL

#17 is gonna take some getting used too.

82155658mf6.jpg

82155609lh9.jpg

cool grey/flint grey Swingmans to him already? did he have those for Cincy's away games or did Nike just conjure those up in the last 48 hours? noblack/white swingman wristbands for him yet though...

Good start to with his new team... hope his legs (as well as the rest of his body) can hold up in CF...

ah... thanks... thought they looked familiar but just wasn't sure...

really, with limited colors to work with, are they gonna move on to different materials? black and white pat. leather (tuxedo shoes)??? or elephant print with3M accents??? ~_~

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Did they say why he's wearing #17?
from espn.com
Griffey wore No. 17 even after Swisher agreed to give up No. 30, Griffey's number in Cincinnati. "I don't want to be a disruption to the team and I've heard Nick is a little out there, so I'm going to stick with 17 and be happy with it," Griffey said.

I guess Swisher is referred to as "Dirty 30". Nieshaus was saying that Griffey didn't really care what number he got.

Seeing Junior Griff in a Sox jersey is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in the 15 or so years I'vebeen a fan of baseball. I was too young to appreciate the magnitude of the trade when he went to the Reds, but I can finally grasp it this time around. In thisday and age of free agency and trade-happy GM's I really shouldn't be surprised. Our boy looks tough in that white/black/grey tho
smokin.gif

EDIT: thought I'd share this link with you guys... Jr's 600th HR ball sold for $42,000

M!ke

Back
Top Bottom