The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Originally Posted by bballgeniusyml

Griffey generated a huge fan base cause of Nike contract in the mid 90' he was/is arguably one of the best baseball players of his generation

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Griffey generated a huge fan base cause of Nike contract in the mid 90' he was/is arguably one of the best baseball players of his generation
wink.gif
Griffey for President.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Originally Posted by SinnerP

wink.gif
Griffey for President.
^^I used to have a t-shirt that said "Griffey for President" on it with a flag as the backdrop. It was one of my favorite shirts as akid and is long since gone...i miss that shirt. I also gotta say his baseball cleats were always my favorite back in the little league days. I think it wasthe second pair of cleats, the ones that are supposedly being retro'd in trainer's this year that were the one's I most loved.

wildKYcat:
ska, i'm disappointed as well...but i'll still get them.
I love the cleated version, and I saw when you posted yours, but the turf versions... man, no full-length bubble? That's not a NikeGriffey.
ohwell.gif

wildKYcat:
But with the AGM1 coming out next year, I'm good.
smokin.gif

eek.gif
didn't know that.

pimp.gif

Yessir. The black/white with emerald green accents come out in April, and the old Mariner-colored blue/white colorway comes out in June: Griffeys YEs its happening Finally

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

wildKYcat:
ska, i'm disappointed as well...but i'll still get them.
I love the cleated version, and I saw when you posted yours, but the turf versions... man, no full-length bubble? That's not a Nike Griffey.
ohwell.gif

wildKYcat:
But with the AGM1 coming out next year, I'm good.
smokin.gif

eek.gif
didn't know that.

pimp.gif

Yessir. The black/white with emerald green accents come out in April, and the old Mariner-colored blue/white colorway comes out in June: Griffeys YEs its happening Finally

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ The air bubbles are non-existent though.

No, the air bubbles are significantly smaller.

A retro of the AGM1 is non-existent.

Until April.
smokin.gif

^ You need to edit your sig, please.

We don't allow pics in sigs, and emoticons count as pictures.

If you ignore this (and the PM I'm about to send), you'll be suspended and your sig will be disabled when you return.

Let me know when you've got it taken care of.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Funny how 4 pics turn into 65 pages lol

4 pics??? this thread is filled with all-pics-Griffey
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

good looks...i've been putting off buying this forever, but now i have no choice...

119921.jpg

Interestingly enough, when they came out with the OG Royal/volt C/W, I thought it was for this old-school jersey, but upon closer inspection, the'yellow' on the jersey is more of a 'gold' rather than neon yellow... so was the royal/volt C/W really for the old-school team colors?

I mean... royal + goldish-yellow on the jersey Griffey used to don, royal + neon-yellow colorway of the shoes they made for him... that shouldn't even be aquestion of what the colorway was made for.

When Jordan was with the Wizards and white/red colorways or red/black colorways came out, were the reds PERFECTLY matched to the Bulls red, his former team?No. Heck no. Heck, when Jordan played for the Bulls, the reds on his different shoes every year weren't the EXACT same hue as the Bulls' red.

But they were white/red or black/red to match the Bulls jersey.

Those are white and yellow... whether it's goldish-yellow or neon-yellow... those are for the old Mariners.

Has to be.

I mean, what other explanation is there?

The only minor league teams I know of for him were the San Bernardino Spirit (who didn't have yellow) and the Vermont Mariners. They had yellow, but it wasthe same color as the Seattle Mariners.

Since the Griffey's originally dropped around the same time as the Air Max '95 and CW's both those shoes (CW's: Black/White-Varsity Royal-NeonYellow
) had neon colors so maybe Nike just found a way to incorporate neon in to the Griffey's as well.

I HAVENT SEEN ANYBODY POST THIS YET SO HERE GOES. I CALLED NIKE TODAY AND THEY SAID THAT THE GRIFFEY MAX 1 ARE GOING TO BE A QUICKSTRIKE ONLY. SO YOU KNOW WHATTHAT MEANS EVERYBODY WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE GETTING THEM AINT. SO LETS GET READY TO PAY SOME OUTRAGEOUS PRICE ON EBAY OR FROM SOMEBODY OFF HERE FOR THEM

Griffey is deciding to day between Seattle and Atlanta for next season.

Imagine the new colorways if he goes to the Braves.

Back
Top Bottom