THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...OFFSEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven’t seen any stats behind this, but I can only recall 1 penalty from the game and it was Jakobi Myers holding. No turnovers either.

Not only was it a decisive victory, but they played clean ball too. Amazing.

FB_IMG_1699320182561.jpg

i’ll save you guys the click, apparently one of the biggest (at least known for now) is that Ziegler didnt want Jimmy G and Mcdaniels did.

It makes me wonder, and we wont know until this season is over, but hypothetically- if the Raiders actually play well with this roster, does that validate Ziegler in anyway and really emphasize how bad of a coach McDaniels really is? Gonna be hella interesting to watch the rest of the way

If the story is true that the raiders only “liked” one of the QBs from the 2023 draft, that’s enough to put me out on Ziggler entirely.

Stroud and AR are ****ing DOGS. Imagine evaluating the class and determining that only Young is worthy of a high pick :smh:

Only reason Ziegler got the job is because he told mark I can get McDaniels.

No way Ziegler was shooting down whatever McDaniels suggested. Kinda feel bad for the guy because he probably won’t get another gm chance but it is what it is.

i’m not trying to defend Ziegler…he got Patriot stench on him so it is what it is…but, its gotta be tough for a GM when the HC is adamant about a QB that will work in his system.

The Raiders over the last few years also have this weird structure where the HC has over ruling power over the GM. Gruden over Mayock. McDaniels over Ziegler. Idk any other organization that runs like that other than the Pats but I think Bill is literally the GM too (?)

this also reeks of a PR stunt to save Ziegler’s name a bit :lol: but there may be some truth here. who knows.

If the story is true that the raiders only “liked” one of the QBs from the 2023 draft, that’s enough to put me out on Ziggler entirely.
Its still early to label Tyree anything right now, but the fact that any other pick in the top 10 would be contributing more right now than Tyree :lol:

I get not wanting to trade up. I’d prefer it, but i get why they are hesitant to make the jump. but there were still other great players available. I blame both for passing on Christian Gonzalez and Jalen Carter and idk if i’ll ever forgive them for that.

Last edited:

Stroud and AR are ****ing DOGS. Imagine evaluating the class and determining that only Young is worthy of a high pick :smh:

Levis looked good too

Somehow this video got me feeling less optimistic :lol:

JT definitely pointed out some glaring issues with pass protection which can be a bit of a concern, but IMO those things do look fixable.the 2nd half of the Giants game had me wondering why they only scored 6pts. I was thinking maybe it’s cause they got conservative, but man after this video you can see they still left plenty of food on the plate

This was the first week with this new/old/current staff, so it may be growing pains of Bo Hardegree and the playcalling/schemes, and I’d hope they see some of these things that a former QB/YouTuber are seeing because he really does point out and explain some concerns offensively.

Just a bit worrisome when you got a legit defense like the Jets coming to town.

But on the flip side of ALL that, they were really close to some big plays.

Yea, JT’s page is supposed to be breaking down QB play and he does point out good and bads with AOC, but JT spends a good amount of time breaking down the rest of the offense because it’s totally affecting AOC - like why is Andre James shifting his coverage to the right and not left when the defense is all to his left? JJ8 not picking up blitz on a easy TD to Renfrow or what the hell is Kolton Miller doing on a few plays.

Again, a win is a win and nothing to really argue about but they forreal coulda had 40+ pts that game if they even had better protection on just a handful of those plays in the 2nd half.

Its hella interesting and i’m curious to see how the coaches will adapt and evolve over the next few weeks cause if they are able to then they really will be making a solid case to get hired full time. but if they dont make those adjustments, better teams will exploit them and we’ll be looking for new coaches again.

Yea, JT’s page is supposed to be breaking down QB play and he does point out good and bads with AOC, but JT spends a good amount of time breaking down the rest of the offense because it’s totally affecting AOC - like why is Andre James shifting his coverage to the right and not left when the defense is all to his left? JJ8 not picking up blitz on a easy TD to Renfrow or what the hell is Kolton Miller doing on a few plays.

Again, a win is a win and nothing to really argue about but they forreal coulda had 40+ pts that game if they even had better protection on just a handful of those plays in the 2nd half.

Its hella interesting and i’m curious to see how the coaches will adapt and evolve over the next few weeks cause if they are able to then they really will be making a solid case to get hired full time. but if they dont make those adjustments, better teams will exploit them and we’ll be looking for new coaches again.

Yea definitely not an indictment on O'Connell. Biggest take away for me on him was that it really confirmed how good his processing seems to be pre-snap, especially for a rookie.

But the other offensive units, Bo really got his hands full cleaning up whatever imprints McDaniels and Mick Lombardi left behind.

Back
Top Bottom