"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

1720192839706.png

For context, when MJ returned he finished out his previous contract which was $3-$4 million for the 95-96 season, making him like the 32nd highest paid player that season. Then in 97 and 98 he signed one year $30+ million contracts.

That second episode of the thread title didn't paint the Bulls in the most positive light as far as Scottie's contract. But he definitely, ultimately, did it to himself. Less than Kukoc, Longley, Rodman and Harper lol.
For context, when MJ returned he finished out his previous contract which was $3-$4 million for the 95-96 season, making him like the 32nd highest paid player that season. Then in 97 and 98 he signed one year $30+ million contracts.
I remember when he got that contract. It was crazy. It was unheard of. And thus the exploding NBA contracts began. Compared to Tatum or Brown getting $60 million 26 years later (man I feel old), Mike was worth that. He was a once in a lifetime player. It's a testament that we're still bumping this thread or that documentary was made. I won't say they'll never but the NBA is not getting the same ratings, commanding the same mind share as it did during that era with Michael, Chuck, Shaq, Lil Penny, Grandmama, etc.

It all went down hill when NBC originally lost the NBA license. I still watched but it was never the same at that point. And I guess it was around that time that I started being older than dudes coming into the league as well. :lol:

Overall, the lack of diversity in individual and team playstyles (compared to the past) can make the modern game not as interesting to watch.

I like the NBA because I am a basketball fan but ya the play style is not the same as in the 90s imo... I don't like how the game is played today where every team relies on 3s... I like the post game, more dunking, and hard defense in the 90s but that's just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom