THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Waiting for more lows and discounts
giphy.gif

Finally posting pics of LeBron XIII All-Star. I love the green alligator color on these shoes.

And the jacket and socks I'm wearing these with. All I'll wear with these are black denim shorts not pictured to keep it easy and simple.

'Easy and simple' to an old cat like myself would be a black/white tee, denims and sneakers, but I digress.

As a huge lebron fan, its disheartening. i remember when people lined up for limited lebrons, now every single one hits outlets.

Same. Do you think it's because Lebron's popularity as a player has diminished? Curry taking over from Lebron reminds me of when Kobe started getting popular and Penny started to phase out.

Same. Do you think it's because Lebron's popularity as a player has diminished? Curry taking over from Lebron reminds me of when Kobe started getting popular and Penny started to phase out.
Partially that, plus i think the lebron line is less appealing to certain tastes. im still copping the lebron 13s (praying on a champ pack this year) or nike ID a pretend one lol

I think its mostly due to the BS nike has pumped out since the X. The XI to me was fire aesthetically but not good performance wise and Bron didnt wear them, and the 12/13 have just been ugly , below standard shoes, not worth 1/2 of MSRP.
Brons used to be the best performance shoe on the market, now theyre just another ugly shoe. Hoping we can get back to the fire with the 14s that we got 1-10 (except the 5/6)

I don't really like how the 13 lows feel compared to the 12 lows. Just tried on the grey/black/gold colorway and they felt so stiff...the 12 lows felt broken in right when I put them on

I thought the lows fit a little long, like the mids. They also felt a bit wider lwidth wise. I think they'll break in nicely though if you plan on playing ball in them.

Does anyone else find it depressing how there is 0 hype or anticipation for Lebrons anymore? It makes me feel old haha
I think it's like that for most Nike basketball shoes nowadays. 2011-2014 was the boom period for Nike basketball and collecting Lebrons, Kobes, and KDs became the "cool" thing to do. Then when Nike got full of themselves and increased prices too much, it drove people away. 

Does anyone else find it depressing how there is 0 hype or anticipation for Lebrons anymore? It makes me feel old haha
Nope.  It's awesome, can get whatever Brons you want for discount, even great older models can be found for cheap.  

If you really like something shouldn't really matter if there is "hype" or how other people feel about them.  There's a word for people like that...

Nope.  It's awesome, can get whatever Brons you want for discount, even great older models can be found for cheap.  

If you really like something shouldn't really matter if there is "hype" or how other people feel about them.  There's a word for people like that...

I think it means Lebrons are going out of style. To that same point, fashion trends exist for a reason.

I think it means Lebrons are going out of style. To that same point, fashion trends exist for a reason.

Nah fam, these are ball shoes and they have an application. Nike just overpriced and over saturated the market across the board (including JB). JB is also churning out a retro daily and the kids/beasts are paying $200+ per pair so where's the money for the $200+ Nike basketball sneaker?

Nike needs to take the LBJ line from Nike iD and have a new designer come up with something that's not modular and has an actual design inspiration/story. Go back to the VII/VIII in terms of colourways per season. The cookie cutter, basic designs that are designed specifically to be manufactured with ease on Nike iD are not cutting it anymore - especially at current MSRP.

Nah fam, these are ball shoes and they have an application. Nike just overpriced and over saturated the market across the board (including JB). JB is also churning out a retro daily and the kids/beasts are paying $200+ per pair so where's the money for the $200+ Nike basketball sneaker?

Nike needs to take the LBJ line from Nike iD and have a new designer come up with something that's not modular and has an actual design inspiration/story. Go back to the VII/VIII in terms of colourways per season. The cookie cutter, basic designs that are designed specifically to be manufactured with ease on Nike iD are not cutting it anymore - especially at current MSRP.

Pretty much this. Like actually think about how many different options Nike offers us for basketball shoes these days. Jordans (Anywhere from 1 to 12 on a regular basis, with a brand new numbered model every year and that doesn't even begin to count the different side models like the CP's or the Teams), Lebrons, Kobes, KD's, Kyries, etc. Then you've got what? At least 7 to 10 different colorways for each model? Market is full to the point of bursting and when all's said and done people simply can't afford to be paying $200 + for multiple shoes.

ok STRIKE 3 YERRRRRRRRRRRRRR OUT ! lmfao

dwood and vood VERY well put .

BASKETBALL shoes, BASKETBALL being the key part there :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom