The Little Things | Starring Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek | Out Now on HBO Max

US Release Date: January 29, 2021
Starring: Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek
Directed By: John Lee Hancock

Synopsis: A burned-out deputy sheriff with an eye for detail teams with a detective to reel in a wily serial killer.

a denzel police mystery thriller? with leto and malik? on hbomax at no additional cost?
1611946070936.png

Attachments

• 1611946049882.png
    1611946049882.png
    619.3 KB · Views: 152
What's the criteria for audience scores getting put up on RT? Currently the movie only has a 48% rating by critics and no audience score which I found odd. It does has a 7.1 on IMDB so I'll probably just watch this based on the three stars and the trailer did look good.

What's the criteria for audience scores getting put up on RT? Currently the movie only has a 48% rating by critics and no audience score which I found odd. It does has a 7.1 on IMDB so I'll probably just watch this based on the three stars and the trailer did look good.
Nothing odd about it. Thats the usual. The critic score is usually up for the audience score unless there was a moratorium on reviews.

Critics get to see the movie weeks in advance and review it. Audience has to wait for release date (today for this movie).

Out the gate you got the dumb white girl making poor horror movie decisions :lol: Why run out of your car without the key to a pit stop you don't even know is open?

Anyway, I dig movies like this. Always will. Yeah it's a lot like and no different than a 90s crime thriller. I don't get the bad reviews. I dunno if ppl were expecting Prisoners or the next Seven but this was dope to me.

This is the type of movie you watch for Denzel's acting and if you're a fan for Rami stretching his acting range a bit. They gave a lot of room in this movie for the dialogue and pacing. I enjoyed it.

Leto was wild creepy in this :lol: Don't know what Mr. Robot was thinking doing all the digging. I would've had him dig but given how it went down just say he reached for my gun.

That was a messed up flashback.

5.7/8

Last edited:
5/8 for me. By the numbers murder mystery, with Denzel doing his Denzel thing (good), Rami going from 0-100, and Leto dialing the creep factor to 12. Feel like the 2nd act rushed through the story to get from point A to point Z within a 2 hour window. And extra 30 minutes could have added a lot more to the story and probably helped push Rami Malek's characters descent into Denzel-Jr make more sense.

Didnt feel like a waste of time. Dont think I'll go out of my way to rewatch tho.

Back
Top Bottom