The Lord of the Rings : The Rings of Power Thread | Amazon Prime Series S2 Fridays

The last 3 episodes have been good. Ready for the finale tonight. I thought it was cool to see Mordor established.

Also saw people on Reddit lose their minds of the Balrog being teased at the end of the last episode.

Good finale, and good season toward the last half, liked the changeover at the 30 minute part.

But the Giant was pushing Nori’s family cart in the back, nothing about that dude said Sauron so I was ready for the change :lol: think we know who that is, never read anything, but it makes all the sense.

Was just surprised because of how much Halbrand looks like Aragorn, but once he started talking to the architect he seemed suspect.

Now Elrond is going to be eyes up on Galadriel wondering if she didn’t tell the other two of finding out there’s no King of the Southlands by the lineage on the scroll. Kinda like ‘she said nothing, what’s going on between them?’ :lol:

the show and finale is good if you’re not deep on the books and lore because if you are you’ll be p*ssed :lol:

i enjoyed it though but just too much mystery and the Rings of Power show had maybe 2 minutes of screen time for the rings :rofl:

the show and finale is good if you’re not deep on the books and lore because if you are you’ll be p*ssed :lol:
Which I’m not, is that like if Harry Potter had been a series lol

On youtube, I commented that episodes 6 and 7 were good and people got mad saying I had low standards. Told me the fight choreography was bad, armor looks plastic, the sun is facing the wrong way. I have no idea what those idiots are talking about. I'll curse them out for being dumb.

the LotR fandom is weird, just like any other fandom but LotR are almost on another level

once they found out there were black elves and black dwarves then there were ready to burn show to ashes

The show isn't perfect and can be a lot better but grasping at straws like bad fight choreography when it has been fine or they don't like the sun is absolutely idiotic. Yet they'll continue watching something they hate so much and keep telling everyone how bad it is.

Good finale, and good season toward the last half, liked the changeover at the 30 minute part.

But the Giant was pushing Nori’s family cart in the back, nothing about that dude said Sauron so I was ready for the change :lol: think we know who that is, never read anything, but it makes all the sense.

Was just surprised because of how much Halbrand looks like Aragorn, but once he started talking to the architect he seemed suspect.

Now Elrond is going to be eyes up on Galadriel wondering if she didn’t tell the other two of finding out there’s no King of the Southlands by the lineage on the scroll. Kinda like ‘she said nothing, what’s going on between them?’ :lol:
Your last paragraph cleared up the confusion I had. Looked like elrond was in a rush to confront Galadriel bae about the scroll but changed his mind when he got there. Maybe instead he'll keep a close eye on her.

I liked this episode; this is what the show should focus on rather than side plots with irrelevant and boring characters. Did anyone honestly care about the villager girl and elf warrior romance? Or any of the Harfoot drama?

Loved seeing the mind games and personality reveal; honestly made me want to root for him:lol:

But again, I feel like we could’ve reached this point in far fewer episodes. I thought it was pretty obvious who the “mystery” characters were in the first few episodes. Hope next season involves much more scheming and action

I don’t think that’s Gandalf. Wasn’t he the last wizard to pull up to Middle Earth? Maybe it’s Saruman. Shouts to Sauron trying to get them Galadriel yambs.

they‘re gon run the “is he or isnt he” game to the ground

like them saying he’s the wizrad, many movie goers are going to automatically assume its gandalf and for marketing purposes it makes sense but lore-wise it should be one of the other wizards because of th ethings he said and and actions he is about to do

i really hope they dont keep doing that ish, they did the who is sauron the hwole first season and tried the switcheroo in the finale, thats good enough

time to get to the actual war and the actual rings of power, they introduced 3 and there are still 17 left including saurons one ring

i am actually confused why sauron just left and didnt kill galadriel and then take the rings for himself? instead he runs to mordor to create his own ring? but it seemed like he already knew how to do it for the most part and its not like he stole mythril metal or something

im just puzzled at his actions in the last 10min of the finale

If that’s supposed to be Gandalf, than we are differing from the actual story.
As someone that’s never read the books or threads or know what people are complaining about, it seemed clear the Giant was Gandalf because he had the power to be essentially, if Sauron was a role someone could fill, he could have as Nori was saying it’s a choice. But it seemed like Halbrand was him all along so it’s not a role but a person. Either way it figures Gandalf and Halbrand have equalish and opposite powers if the Giant is Gandalf.

I was kinda hoping the stranger was sarumon instead. Would’ve liked that twist better.

From watching videos about lotr history, sauron had the identity of a totally different person when he meets celebrimbor.

Show is making major changes probably for the main purpose to surprise book readers but making them mad as hell at the same time. :rofl:

As someone that’s never read the books or threads or know what people are complaining about, it seemed clear the Giant was Gandalf because he had the power to be essentially, if Sauron was a role someone could fill, he could have as Nori was saying it’s a choice. But it seemed like Halbrand was him all along so it’s not a role but a person. Either way it figures Gandalf and Halbrand have equalish and opposite powers if the Giant is Gandalf.

The problem is that Gandalf is supposed to be the last wizard to arrive in middle earth and he was supposed to sail there from the Valar.

I feel like "the stranger" could very well be Saruman, his character is kind of explained as "neutral" at first.
So maybe in these very early days he's still wondering what his place is on all this.
But for my own thinking I thought they were kind of instructed on what they're purpose was on middle earth so why has he arrived with no memory.
If it actually is Gandalf then where is Saruman at then since he was the first Istar sent.

Feel like the Sauron reveal was more obvious, but how he was able to plan all of this is a big mystery imo.
How he was able to plan all this out especially starting with finding Galadriel at sea is kind of crazy.

i think its an interesting thought that he was smart enough to plan all of the things that happened like his dumbledore but i think some are mere coincidence

halbrand finding galadriel by happenstance, maybe his main goal was to get to numenor and was bound to be picked up by that ship anyways but with an elf it owuld have made it easier?

and then it was galadriel that convinced him to go back to middle earth because it was a chance to also fight his enemy (adar) and then saw an opportunity to get to lindon(?) and meet celebrimbor and trick him into making the ring?

i think its also a foreshadow where i think it was adar and gilgalad that said galadriel might be the spark that ignites saurons return?

but there was a moment there after that fight in the middle earth abd beating adar where halbrand looked so much like aragorn that i thought he was his great, great, great gandpa or something :lol:

rfx45 rfx45 : “there was a moment there after that fight in the middle earth abd beating adar where halbrand looked so much like aragorn that i thought he was his great, great, great gandpa or something :lol:

He looked too much like him, it wasn’t until the last episode I had to be convinced it wasn’t.

Back
Top Bottom