The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

http://www.youtube.com/v/JkaCiucdPjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Will there be a better 5 man rotation than the Mariners next year? Wholly moly. Felix, Cliff Lee, Eric Bedard, Rowland-Smith (an up and comer), and Ian Snell as a #5 isn't too shabby. Don't think Bedard stays healthy though.

651, nnarum, and whoever else, what do you think our 5-man rotation should look like? We have more than enough candidates right now. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing could be discussed but whatever.

Potentials...

-Scott Baker
-Nick Blackburn
-Brian Duensing
-Francisco Liriano
-Carl Pavano
-Glen Perkins?
-Kevin Slowey
-Anthony Swarzak?

My rotation would be...

#1) Francisco Liriano (based on how he's throwing for Leones del Escogido)
#2) Scott Baker
#3) Nick Blackburn
#4) Carl Pavano
#5) Kevin Slowey

We might end up moving some of those odd-man-out potentials for minor leaguers before the season starts.

I can't argue with that JP, it looks like the best bet. Liriano most likely will get a chance at redemption, but if he fails I wouldn't be surprised if Perkins is back in the rotation.

Taking Liriano in any fantasy draft nnarum and I are in just for the lulz of ridiculous trade offers.

laugh.gif

Perkins is going to take Pavano's slot sooner or later.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Glen Perkins is terrible.
Truth. I was so hoping a month ago or so that the Padres would accept the Perkins + filler for Kouzmanoff deal
mad.gif

You trust Pavano to get it done? Swarzak and Duensing aren't anything to write home about. Depends what degree of bad you prefer I guess.

Originally Posted by Proshares

You trust Pavano to get it done? Swarzak and Duensing aren't anything to write home about. Depends what degree of bad you prefer I guess.
He threw almost 60 more innings for the Indians/Twins in 2009 than he did in THREE years with the Yankees. He pitched great in August and September, and provides veteran leadership to a very, very young pitching staff. Either way, whether he implodes or explodes, we only have him signed to a one-year contract. And you better believe from here on out 1 year is ALL he is going to get after what happened in New York.

Just so you know, your 82 million dollar man had a worse WHIP and less wins than Pavano in 2009. I'm perfectly fine with that "degree of bad".

You said "Glen Perkins"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Regardless of how this rotation plays itself out, the key is going to be the Twins bullpen. If Neshek is back to his top form, that takes a tremendous load off of the starting staff and probably makes them look better than they really are. The game goes into the ninth, it's a wrap anyway.

So the bullpen is more of a focal point to me as far as areas of concentration going into the season.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Slowey is going to have a Cy Young type season. Watch it.
He had a lot of hype going into last year. Didn't live up to it. Yeah, he got injured, but he still has a lot left to prove to me.

Football ending unappreciation only concludes with a baseball around the corner appreciation. I'm getting excited for opening day already and will be most definitely after the SB ends.

JP, how many Twins games do you plan on going to this year? I'm planning on taking a trip to Minny late summer to check out a game in the new stadium. Can't wait.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

JP, how many Twins games do you plan on going to this year? I'm planning on taking a trip to Minny late summer to check out a game in the new stadium. Can't wait.
Me and some friends bought the new 20-game packs they're offering.
pimp.gif

I wish I could hit up the home opener though. The first game from the pack is the second home series vs. vs Kansas City.

So let's look ahead. And what better way to look ahead than to inform you that on Mondaymorning, the annual rite of spring that is the equipment truck leavingfrom Progressive Field, bound for Goodyear, Ariz., is taking place.
pimp.gif

Wang to the Nats? I read on Yankee forums I post on that radio 880 (NY) said it earlier this afternoon.

I knew he wasn't going to be re-signed, but to actually see him (potentially) sign with another team upsets me.

Wang in Washington is sketchy IMO... He needs to go somewhere with very good defensive guys behind him... Zimmerman's glove is great, but Guzman sucks and Dunn at 1B is still a disaster...

I wanted the Rangers to give him a shot, but it looks like the budget is about topped out for now...

Back
Top Bottom