The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

The Indians still have not confirmed this agreement, and it'sdoubtful they would until a physical examination is passed. As youprobably know, Branyan had a bad back that prevented him from playingthe last month of the '09 season in Seattle. And concerns about theback made it difficult for him to land the multiyear deal he waslooking for this winter.

The physical would be conducted at the Tribe's Goodyear, Ariz., complex. Branyan, I'm told, is not there today.

I just wanna wish my somewhat brother in law Chris Perez who plays for the Indians a happy season and good luck. I'm looking forward to the box seats at yankee stadium when he comes to town.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3:41pm: ESPN.com's Buster Olney hears that Scott Boras wants two things from the Tigers. First, he's asking them to remove all deferred money from the one-year $7MM deal they have offered. Second, he wants the Tigers to add a second year (Twitter links).

3:26pm: The White Sox have pulled their offer to Damon, reports Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com. White Sox GM Kenny Williams said he had to withdraw it.

"Itbecame clear to us in our recent negotiations that the money that wewere offering was not going to be good enough for Johnny at this time," Williams said.

Williamssaid the White Sox are "very much interested in" Damon. Levine hearsthat the White Sox offered him $6MM. Levine's sources tell him that theTigers never offered a two-year deal; they have only offered a one-year$7MM contract.

The more and more I talk to friends of mine who are Mets fans, I feel that a lot of them would enjoy watching the Yankees not make/win the World Series rather then the Mets winning
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

The more and more I talk to friends of mine who are Mets fans, I feel that a lot of them would enjoy watching the Yankees not make/win the World Series rather then the Mets winning
smh.gif

90% of baseball fans cheer for the yanks to lose once their team has no shot. the other 10% do the same for the red sox.

He played well for us overall, but Tigers fans, enjoy his arm out in LF
laugh.gif
A critical factor in Johnny Damon's career-high HR total last year was the short right-field dimensions at Yankee Stadium (314 ft). At Comerica Park, it will be 330 feet out to the right field wall.

Those lazy HRs will morph into long fly outs.

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
A critical factor in Johnny Damon's career-high HR total last year was the short right-field dimensions at Yankee Stadium (314 ft). At Comerica Park, it will be 330 feet out to the right field wall.

not to mention that insane wind tunnel phenomena that exist going out to RF at yankee stadium

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

not to mention that insane wind tunnel phenomena that exist going out to RF at yankee stadium
Which only lasted like a couple months.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

nerd.gif
Season threads for the teams are starting to come about, and I'm pretty sure a MLB Season thread was made, so we should all be heading to that at some point if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom