The Major League Baseball Post

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/nationals-interested-in-jermaine-dye.html[/h1]
[h1]Nationals Interested In Jermaine Dye[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [March 17 at 12:58pm CST]

The Nationals strangely released Elijah Dukes for baseball reasons earlier today, opening up their right field job.  According to MLB.com's Bill Ladson, they have interest in free agent Jermaine Dye as a potential replacement.  The Nats are also mulling platoons involving Justin Maxwell, Willie Harris, and Mike Morse.

Dukes is an injury-prone 25-year-old with a .262/.364/.446 CHONE projection; it's still unclear why the Nationals are giving up on him now.  As recently as February 20th, GM Mike Rizzo spoke of hope for "the re-emergence of a productive Dukes."  Regardless, it's good news for Dye, who's still out of a job after turning down $3MM and $2MM offers during the winter.

Link

after releasing the B34ST for no good reason, I dont see why you wouldnt wanna pick up Dye.
on another note, I hope my Blue Jays pick up Dukes

Tigers deal Nate Robertson to Florida for LHP minor leaguer Jay Voss #MLB
Tigers really going to roll with Dontrelle Willis then? We'll see how that goes
laugh.gif

Jay Voss was listed as the 23rd best Marlins prospect earlier this year.
http://twitter.com/search?q=#orioles
#orioles sign joey gathright to minor league deal. He will be here today.
Just announced: Chris Rose joins @MLBNetwork as studio host, in addition to his role w/MLB on FOX.
Beckett, the sources said, has a four-year, guaranteed offer fromBoston on the table. His deal could be along the lines of thefree-agent contract John Lackeysigned with the Red Sox this winter -- $16.5 million a year for fiveyears -- in terms of annual salary. It could be worth a total packagein the range of $65 million to $70 million, sources said.

Asource with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPNBoston.com's GordonEdes that the Red Sox would not go to a fifth year in their talks withBeckett.

Beckett, the sources said, has a four-year, guaranteed offer fromBoston on the table. His deal could be along the lines of thefree-agent contract John Lackeysigned with the Red Sox this winter -- $16.5 million a year for fiveyears -- in terms of annual salary. It could be worth a total packagein the range of $65 million to $70 million, sources said.

Asource with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPNBoston.com's GordonEdes that the Red Sox would not go to a fifth year in their talks withBeckett.

Get%20er%20done.jpg

It'll break down over the fifth year and he'll go to the Mets or Yankees. I can feel that +@+! in my bones. That would piss me off to no end.

News outta Chicago

Jayson Nix and Sergio Santos claim the final two roster spots on the White Sox.

If you aren't familar with Santos, he has a pretty cool story.  He was a shortstop about a year ago now turned relief pitcher who throws in the upper 90s.

Chad Tracy gets the nod over Kevin Millar for the Cubs.

Hurting #royals will join bidding for free agent LHP Jarrod Washburn. #mariners still in the the mix.
Royals continue to go in circles going nowhere fast
laugh.gif

5:10pm: The Mariners have put Ryan Garko on waivers, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (via Twitter).  Seattle signed the first baseman to a one-year, $550K deal roughly two months ago.  The 29-year-old still has options remaining.

7:19pm: Mike Sweeney has made the Mariners' Opening Day roster, writes Morosi.  The 36-year-old was set to retire if he didn't make a team's Opening Day squad.  Sweeney will be in a designated hitter platoon with Ken Griffey Jr.

Meanwhile, a source tells Morosi that the Rangers' current interest level in Garko isn't high.

Damn I thought Garko was a good signing too
smh.gif

Mike Sweeney though?....

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/rangersred-sox-talks-for-lowell-have-accelerated.html[/h1]
[h1]Rangers-Red Sox Talks For Lowell Have Accelerated[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [March 31 at 4:17pm CST]

Talks between the Rangers and Red Sox for Mike Lowell have accelerated, reports ESPN's Gordon Edes.  Perhaps the Rangers' interest picked up after Lowell hit two doubles today.

Via WEEI's Rob Bradford,it was known that the Rangers would scout Lowell today.  However,Bradford said the Rangers' interest is "tempered by their reluctance toallocate any substantial amount of money to a player who would befilling a reserve role."  Bradford says that for the Rangers to takeLowell on as a backup, the Red Sox would have to assume almost all ofhis $12.5MM salary.  Potentially, a bigger market for Lowell coulddevelop once teams get a better look at him.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/rangersred-sox-talks-for-lowell-have-accelerated.html[/h1]
[h1]Rangers-Red Sox Talks For Lowell Have Accelerated[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [March 31 at 4:17pm CST]

Talks between the Rangers and Red Sox for Mike Lowell have accelerated, reports ESPN's Gordon EdesPerhaps the Rangers' interest picked up after Lowell hit two doubles today.

Via WEEI's Rob Bradford, it was known that the Rangers would scout Lowell today.  However, Bradford said the Rangers' interest is "tempered by their reluctance to allocate any substantial amount of money to a player who would be filling a reserve role."  Bradford says that for the Rangers to take Lowell on as a backup, the Red Sox would have to assume almost all of his $12.5MM salary.  Potentially, a bigger market for Lowell could develop once teams get a better look at him.

laugh.gif
Yeah, I'm sure it's that simple... 

laugh.gif
 imagine how excited they'll be if he hits a triple. 

Osh, do they have hitter breakdown's like those arm mechanic ones you use every once in a while?  The frame by frame is what I'm referring too.  Or at least, does anyone have a gif of Heyward's swing? 

If Heyward gets things going early on and continues, I will not mind going to a Braves/Mets game at Citi Field at all to watch my Mets friends watch him in awe
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

If Heyward gets things going early on and continues, I will not mind going to a Braves/Mets game at Citi Field at all to watch my Mets friends watch him in awe
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

Wear a Robbie Cano mask and try to get Melky Cabrera's attention
roll.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif
If Heyward turns into the new Chipper against them....
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
. Then the Yanks will signed him away in 6 years. I'm still mad that the Mets didn't retired Chipper # at Shea Stadium. For all he done for that organization and they don't even retired the guy's number.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

Wear a Robbie Cano mask and try to get Melky Cabrera's attention
roll.gif
I'll have Melky rounding 3rd and instead of going home he'll be coming towards me
laugh.gif

Speaking of Melky, he's the Fourth OF right?

Sorry if this is not allowed to asked, but does anyone know if #+%%@!%#+ (or any similar website) will be streaming all games (day/night) throughout the season? I wouldn't mind bringing my laptop to class some days if there is a game (specifically Yankee) to watch.

Edit: I didn't realize ____ was a banned word.

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

laugh.gif
grin.gif
If Heyward turns into the new Chipper against them....
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
. Then the Yanks will signed him away in 6 years. I'm still mad that the Mets didn't retired Chipper # at Shea Stadium. For all he done for that organization and they don't even retired the guy's number.
laugh.gif
Man I have the utmost respect for Larry Jones. No matter how much damage he did to us, I've always loved him in that love/hate kind of way. Hopefully we do something to honor him somewhat when he retires.

I'm really excited for baseball season to kick off tonight and even more excited to download OperationSports' full minor league rosters for MLB the Show tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Who do yall think has the best 3 rotations and 3 line-ups?
Best 3 Rotations
1. Red Sox
2. Phillies
3. Giants

Best 3 Lineups
1. Yankees
2. Phillies
3. Twins (no bias, they can match up with any team if you go down the order)

Back
Top Bottom