The Major League Baseball Post

^^ idea unfortunately

bavasi make it happen

any baltimore fans here? howd adam jones look this spring i'm too lazy to look it up

Originally Posted by Shkinny6

^^ idea unfortunately

bavasi make it happen

any baltimore fans here? howd adam jones look this spring i'm too lazy to look it up

as far as that Junior to the Mariners rumor...it could happen, but not anytime soon.� if we're out of contention near the deadline, i would lookfor him to be dealt.� he is in the final guaranteed year of his contract.� during his return to Seattle last year, he mentioned how he would like to be back inSeattle sometime.� like i said before, i hope he is able to finish his career in the AL as a DH and going back to Seattle would be a perfect end.

laugh.gif

baltimore fans?� yes, DoubleJs.� i actually asked him about Adam Jones myself in a different thread:

DoubleJs07 wrote:
wildKYcat wrote:
well maybe you can return the favor...what's the expectations for Daniel Cabrera this season? that dude just totally baffles me.

and what's good with Adam Jones?

Daniel Cabrera....he has had a good Spring Training. There are still days where his stuff is electric, but he has still walked 10+ guys in a little under 18 innings pitched so far. Word is, he has now developed a change up, and he will be incorporating that into his normal pitches. If this dude can put it all together, he would be a dominant pitcher. It's just the inconsistency and the walks that not only kills him. but the O's as well...Everyone has been waiting for him to make that jump, hopefully this is the year where he figures everything out.

Adam Jones....all returns on the kid have been high. I believe he is batting 7th or 8th in the order, but I am sure that will change due to his production. He has been compared to a young Torii Hunter, and has had a good spring. I think next season you will see him truly break out.

Those BringBackGriffey videos are
laugh.gif

I have my Mariners Griffey jersey ready to go (I'm still wearing it either way). I have to get a Reds Griffey for the summer
pimp.gif

New Twins Commercials
eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I think we have the best year in, year out for teams...
That second commercial was pretty funny except I don't think many people on here outside of Twins fans no who Kent Hrbek is.

My 2008 MLB Predictions

* - Wild Card Winners

AL EAST
1.New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox*
3.Toronto Blue Jays
4.Tampa Bay Rays
5.Baltimore Orioles

AL CENTRAL
1.Detroit Tigers
2.Cleveland Indians
3.Chicago White Sox
4.Minnesota Twins
5.Kansas City Royals

AL WEST
1.Seattle Mariners
2.Los Angeles Angels
3.Oakland Athletics
4.Texas Rangers

NL EAST
1.New York Mets
2.Philadelphia Phillies
3.Atlanta Braves
4.Washington Nationals
5.Florida Marlins

NL CENTRAL
1.Chicago Cubs
2.Cincinnati Reds*
3.Milwaukee Brewers
4.Houston Astros
5.St. Louis Cardinals
6.Pittsburgh Pirates

NL WEST
1.Colorado Rockies
2.Arizona Diamondbacks
3.Los Angeles Dodgers
4.San Diego Padres
5.San Fransisco Giants

World Series: Yankees over Mets.

I guess you can say I live in a fantasy world, but whatever. As long as the Yankees make the World Series and win, I don't care how the season pans out forother teams.

I have the Reds winning the Wild Card. I think they'll play solid baseball throughout the season as they are fairly young. I have Griffey and BrandonPhillips on my fantasy team, so hopefully Phillips will put up good numbers (Griffey I'm not worried about, I know what the man is capable of
pimp.gif
)

My 2008 MLB Predictions

* - Wild Card Winners

AL EAST
1.Boston Red Sox
2.New York Yankees
3.Toronto Blue Jays
4.Tampa Bay Rays
5.Baltimore Orioles

AL CENTRAL
1.Detroit Tigers
2.Cleveland Indians*
3.Chicago White Sox
3.Minnesota Twins
5.Kansas City Royals

AL WEST
1.Anaheim Angels
2.Oakland Athletics
3.Seattle Mariners
4.Texas Rangers

NL EAST
1.New York Mets
2.Philadelphia Phillies*
3.Atlanta Braves
4.Washington Nationals
5.Florida Marlins

NL CENTRAL
1.Houston Astros
2.Chicago Cubs
3.Milwaukee Brewers
4.Cincinnati Reds
5.St. Louis Cardinals
6.Pittsburgh Pirates

NL WEST
1.San Diego Padres
2.Arizona Diamondbacks
3.Los Angeles Dodgers
4.Colorado Rockies
5.San Fransisco Giants

World Series: Anaheim Angels over the Houston Astros in 6

I think the Astros will be nice this year.

Originally Posted by Shkinny6

wildcat did u read the idea in s.i about jr. to the m's?
pimp.gif

johjima and a package to the reds for george kenneth....reds start bruce everyday and the m's bring in jr as DH

i would seriously buy tickets to every m's home game for the rest of the season
All the talkings around the Mariners and Jr. point to signing him next off season when he is a FA. They don't want to give much away for him whenthey can sign him next year.

Originally Posted by nnarum

No way. The Astros have no solid pitching.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by nnarum

No way. The Astros have no solid pitching.

I did go out on a limb with that one
laugh.gif

But I'll be
pimp.gif
if I'm right

everyone please do your boy a favor. i need y'all to do a "Don't Rain Dance" when you wake up Monday morning.

walk it out, harlem shake it, do the macerena...i don't care.

60% chance of thunderstorms in the Nati for opening day.
mad.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

plus i gotta chick with potential wife credentials going with me, i don't need mother nature screwing up my day.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

everyone please do your boy a favor. i need y'all to do a "Don't Rain Dance" when you wake up Monday morning.

walk it out, harlem shake it, do the macerena...i don't care.

60% chance of thunderstorms in the Nati for opening day.
mad.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

plus i gotta chick with potential wife credentials going with me, i don't need mother nature screwing up my day.

Metrodome = No weather issues
pimp.gif

Hopefully nobody's Opening Day is affected by horrible weather.

Couldn't care less if it's the Nationals and Odalis Perez...

It's Opening Day folks...
pimp.gif
Welcome back Baseball. Welcome back afternoons at the ballpark. Welcome back John Kruk and the BBTN crew...

Oh, and as if the Rangers being bad this year wasn't enough to rain on my parade, Brandon McCarthy hit the 60 day DL today...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

On the bright side, it probably means Eric Hurley will be up sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Couldn't care less if it's the Nationals and Odalis Perez...

It's Opening Day folks...
pimp.gif
Welcome back Baseball. Welcome back afternoons at the ballpark. Welcome back John Kruk and the BBTN crew...

MLB and Bud Selig have completely screwed up Opening Day '08.

The only sport ESPN can do right is baseball. They have the best show for it, best play by play announcers, and the actually do a lot of games.
Sunday Night Baseball
pimp.gif

Baseball Tonight
pimp.gif

Karl Ravech, Peter Gammons, Tim Kurkjian, Buster Olney
pimp.gif

Jon Miller, Joe Morgan
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
�i feel like going to sleep so tomorrow can get here faster.

Openind Day lineup set, Hatteberg getting the nod over Votto.

CF Corey Patterson
SS Jeff Keppinger
RF Ken Griffey Jr.
2B Brandon Phillips
LF Adam Dunn
3B Edwin Encarnacion
1B Hatteberg
C Javy Valentin
P Aaron Harang

Meet your 2008 NL Central Champs:

laugh.gif

i need to get the annual si mlb preview issue. hope my Mariners atleast CONTEND again this year. a plaayoff app would be nice.

anyone made an al west thread yet?

[table][tr][td] [h2]Hour-by-Hour Forecast for
Cincinnati, OH (45202)
[ English | Metric ][/h2] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td] [h2]Weather for your life[/h2] See Weather Related to... Aches & Pains Air Quality & Pollution Allergies & Pollen Boat & Beach Cold & Flu Fitness & Exercise Flights & Business Travel Golf Weather Health Home Improvement Interstate Driving Forecast Lawn & Garden Outdoor Recreation Pets Schoolday Weather Ski Conditions Skin Protection Sporting Events Vacation & Travel Guide Wedding Planner [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Table Display[/td] [td]Graph Display[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
Mon, March 31
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Time[/td] [td]Condition[/td] [td]Feels
[/td] [td]Chance
Precip
[/td] [td]Dew
Point
[/td] [td]Humid.[/td] [td]Wind[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]12pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
11.gif
[/td] [td]Few Showers
56°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]52°F[/td] [td]30%[/td] [td]50°F[/td] [td]80%[/td] [td]From S 15 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]1pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
11.gif
[/td] [td]Showers
58°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]55°F[/td] [td]40%[/td] [td]51°F[/td] [td]77%[/td] [td]From S 16 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
11.gif
[/td] [td]Showers
59°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]56°F[/td] [td]40%[/td] [td]52°F[/td] [td]78%[/td] [td]From S 16 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]3pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
11.gif
[/td] [td]Showers
60°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]57°F[/td] [td]40%[/td] [td]53°F[/td] [td]78%[/td] [td]From S 15 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Evening Commute[/td] [td]See Pollen Hot Spots[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]4pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
11.gif
[/td] [td]Few Showers
61°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]61°F[/td] [td]30%[/td] [td]54°F[/td] [td]78%[/td] [td]From S 15 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]5pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
11.gif
[/td] [td]Few Showers
62°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]62°F[/td] [td]30%[/td] [td]54°F[/td] [td]75%[/td] [td]From S 14 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]6pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
11.gif
[/td] [td]Few Showers
63°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]63°F[/td] [td]30%[/td] [td]54°F[/td] [td]72%[/td] [td]From S 14 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]7pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
26.gif
[/td] [td]Cloudy
64°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]64°F[/td] [td]20%[/td] [td]54°F[/td] [td]70%[/td] [td]From S 14 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]8pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
26.gif
[/td] [td]Cloudy
64°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]64°F[/td] [td]20%[/td] [td]54°F[/td] [td]70%[/td] [td]From S 14 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Sunset 8:01 pm[/td] [td]Check Local Pollen Forecast[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]9pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
26.gif
[/td] [td]Cloudy
64°F

[table][tr][td]10pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
26.gif
[/td] [td]Cloudy
64°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]64°F[/td] [td]20%[/td] [td]53°F[/td] [td]67%[/td] [td]From S 15 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]11pm[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
26.gif
[/td] [td]Cloudy
63°F
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]63°F[/td] [td]20%[/td] [td]53°F[/td] [td]70%[/td] [td]From S 15 mph[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

the forecast has improved...festivites begin at like 10 a.m., game at 2. i can handle a rain delay, but no cancelation.
mad.gif

yes, i posted the weather.

laugh.gif
You over here about to lose sleep over the weather...

Looks like it's cold and rainy in Seattle tomorrow, hopefully we don't get a rainout on Opening Day.
ohwell.gif

Even though i'm not the biggest baseball fan in the world I'm gonna love comin home from class and watching some daytime baseball
pimp.gif

He made two great plays in the OF last night, then the bomb in the 9th...
pimp.gif

If I can find a video of highlights, can you hook it up with an avy?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

He made two great plays in the OF last night, then the bomb in the 9th...
pimp.gif

If I can find a video of highlights, can you hook it up with an avy?

laugh.gif
my dude was talking about what Hamilton did last night and i donefound the vids. but yeah, i'll get to it either later today or tomorrow morning sometime.

Back
Top Bottom